JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good Lord Aunt Agatha! Don't be puttin' that crap in your mouth! Don't you know mushrooms are deadly poison? Everyone that ate a mushroom in 1850 is dead today. I ain't takin' the chance by eatin' no icky 'shrooms! Bleh!

Got 4-5 the other day walking a trail near the Tillamook Forest Center. Was kind of shocked. I'm thinking the weather, and fact that there is still snow on the ground, has lessened the foot traffic in the woods.

20230425_151355.jpg
Got a few more today

I don't/have never tried mushroom hunting. Knowing my luck I'd probably collect a bunch of animal turds!
It's nothing more than walking your favorite hiking trail, but with an eye for mushrooms.

Try a new trail here and there and if there is a thinned logged area with good flat-ish areas to wonder off trail for a bit with your eyes looking downward, chances are you'll find something.

Bonus points for taking children, they are closer to the ground and have much younger eyes.

Interesting. Though I'm not a serious mushroom hunter, I have often found them beneath deciduous trees, most commonly what I call the Oregon white oak (which I understand is not native to Oregon). Pick them and next time you'll find the sprouts in the same general area. Someone once told me it was caused by the pH of decaying oak and the higher CO2.
Oregon white oak is indeed native to the PNW. That tree is somewhat protected in Washington. We have sort of preserves for stands of those trees.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top