JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
HAHAHAHAHAHA,

Sorry to laugh, but i would trade that one in on a newer younger model that can be trained a little better.

Luckly for me my wife was very comfortable around guns. She trusts where i have them stored and how i have them stored. I even have our 2 year old terrorizing everything and she still knows the guns are safe. Take her shooting, see if she warms up to the idea. Or just get a new model, they come out every year. Some have a little mileage when they are first released, but you wont know the difference.

Good luck to you, let us know how it turns out.

Granted, I'm not married, but I've always made it a policy that my roommates are familiar with the guns I have in the house, how they operate and where they are located/how to access them. It just keeps everyone safe and prevents an unintentional discharge from happening.

I guess it's too late for that now in your case, but maybe you can do a little quid pro quo with her so to speak, and agree to see a counselor (just make sure they are not anti-gun) proving that you aren't crazy/suicidal if she agrees to become familiar with guns and takes a safety course.

My wife and I have been married for 6 years.

She FINALLY touched a gun... 6 months ago. I have warmed her up to the idea of actually shooting a pistol...

Now had my wife done that.... her mother would have said "I think you should go put those back where they belong... "

She knows better. Even though she may not agree with me on things, she will still stand behind me on them.

Now... without causing the "War of the Roses" you could go into the bathroom, take all makeup, perfumes, or any other 'girlie' things and place them in a box. See where that gets you.

I have had some serious emotional swings lately (seeing a Dr. about it this week) and even through all of that my wife knows I wouldn't pull the triggah on mah self.

HAHAHAHAHAHA,

Sorry to laugh, but i would trade that one in on a newer younger model that can be trained a little better.

I get older and they stay the same age...

I'm not sure why you weren't upfront about having the guns and where they were kept. That's a big safety no no. It's one thing to buy a gun on the side, but to keep them from her entirely AND not tell her they're loaded in the house, that's asking for trouble.

How about we ask some quick questions? This is only meant to get some background to your situation so that we may respond helpfully.

First of all, you start buying anything without her knowledge...your on your own. Yes, I know, "It's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission", however; she should have known what you had before this.

She found loaded pistols? Hmmmm, all my wife has to do is look at my belt and she'll see my condition one 1911 and two full mags. Is it loaded? Damn straight it is! She calls me Rambo lately...but six months ago when she thought she heard someone in the house, it was, get up! get your gun! check it out!... Yeah right.

Now why would she think you're going to kill yourself? Something's missing here. Alcohol? Drugs? Anger management? I'm not saying anything is the matter, I'm just questioning, but I don't think we're not getting the whole story.

You want to talk privately? pm me.

Respectfully,
Will

Its all about honest communication and reasonable compromise.

My wife had a horribly traumatic experience as a child involving firearms and the death of a family member. She is terrified of guns and has difficulty even touching one.

She is also realistic enough to know that they are necessary. She supports my hobby and appreciates the security that I provide by having a carry permit and being armed at all times. She supports gun rights and the 2nd amendment, she is just emotionally incapable of handling weapons herself.

The compromise is that I dont leave guns laying around, and I warn her if I have one out and visible. If its not on my body or being carried to/from the range or hunting, its secured in my safe.

I respect her needs, she respects mine.

I decided to find out if it was going to work out between my wife and me from the get go. I took her shooting on our first date. She had never so much as touched a firearm. By the end of the date she was hitting milk jugs at 10 yards off hand with my DW Mod 15 revolver and .38 spl wadcutters. I figured she was a keeper right then and there. We celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary this coming Wednesday.

Can I pick 'em, or can I pick 'em! :s0155:

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews