JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SAMSON, Ala. (AP) —

Wild hogs aren't unusual in rural south Alabama, but Wade Seago says he'd never seen anything like the 820-pound animal he shot and killed in his front yard.

<broken link removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it happened once doesn't mean it should be repeated.

Always use enough gun.
I've been told of a mean and cantankerous old Lama that was eventually put down in Estacada. Supposedly, he was shot in the head six times with a 357 mag and was still walking around like a drunken sailor, albeit slightly more tame. The story teller was present, and credible in all other maters I have experienced with him thus far.

"Another picture of the hog I killed last night at my house. 6 inch cutters...... weighed 820 pounds....This hog will be mounted by me personally at my taxidermy shop in Samson Alabama (SEAGO'S TAXIDERMY.) Big thanks to my good friend Don Odom for helping with everything today !!!!"

Let's hope the stuffed hog stays at the taxidermy shop, and doesn't end up in the home living room.

This hog will be mounted by me personally :eek:

I killed a 1750lb.(Dressed weight) Steer with a single shot from a Smith and Wesson Model 41. It was tied but it it was still Very much alive. One round of CCI Green Tag did the job.

The guy who owned the steer was trying to use a Boy Scout Pocket . I'm glad I got there Before they got started!!!:s0045:

Talk about taking a to a gun fight!!!

Had a big bull get out pen before he got shot by butcher. Butcher went out in pasture and shot it with 22 mag rifle from about 40 yards. It dropped like a rock.

placed in the right spot might help as well...:D Andy
You ARE repeating myself!!! If it AIN'T in the right place Caliber doesn't matter. My Father-in-Law took Three(3) rounds of .50BMG in his chest, Recovering in a WW-2 German Concentration Camp and lived to provide me with a Lovely Bride a few years later. Yes, ALL Three were in his chest! So, tell me about Bullet placement via Bullet caliber.

Wow... lighten up there hoss....
I do agree shot placement is good , but I stand by my statement ( made somewhat in jest ) that a well designed bullet , made for the task at hand will help as well.

And having been in combat myself , not to mention having been a hunter all my life ... Yes I do know that bullets can do weird things when they hit flesh...
As for you father in law ... glad he made it.
Andy
Edit to add:
I was mostly referring to the fact the most .38 Special rounds are not made for the killing of 800 plus pound hogs.
That the guy did it ... shows good marksmanship.
But a bullet designed for big and or dangerous game might have been a better choice if he could have gotten to it.
Edit for spelling.
You ARE repeating myself!!! If it AIN'T in the right place Caliber doesn't matter. My Father-in-Law took Three(3) rounds of .50BMG in his chest, Recovering in a WW-2 German Concentration Camp and lived to provide me with a Lovely Bride a few years later. Yes, ALL Three were in his chest! So, tell me about Bullet placement via Bullet caliber.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR