JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the time he was injured the Lend Lease program had begun. I have seen the X-RAY showing the .50 caliber round still in his chest. YOU tell me.

I'm still trying to figure out how he single-handed 3/4" 8x12 sheets up a ladder
ALONG WITH TWO EIGHTY POUND BRASS BALLS!
lol. respect
He didn't use a ladder. He'd stand in the bed of a pickup, I'd pass one to him and he'd toss it up to another guy standing on the roof. Simply, tiring but simply for him

Actually, he was only about 5'9" and a Dane working for the International Red Cross at the time. Him and Two other Danes decided they didn't like the accommodations, killed a guard, stole a boat and rowed back to Danmark. Only two made it home but then it was the end of January so it was a bit nippy. He was working construction when I met him and watched him manhandle 4'x12'x3/4" sheets of plywood up onto a roof by himself - he said it was easier that way. I found out he had lost a lung in the shooting. My wife didn't even know that when we got married.

He was a tough old bird.:)

There's a reason the Danes were so successful in conquering northern Germany and then England. Back then they could haul two sheets up, still in log form.
[edit] some of the guys who worked for my dad were like that, pick up two 4x8x3/4 sheets of plywood. I was in awe of them then as I am now.

There's a reason the Danes were so successful in conquering northern Germany and then England. Back then they could haul two sheets up, still in log form.
[edit] some of the guys who worked for my dad were like that, pick up two 4x8x3/4 sheets of plywood. I was in awe of them then as I am now.
That's where the term "two sheets to the wind" came from.
true story

In a slaughter house you can walk up close and put it in it's ear I would strongly recommend that one does not get that close to a uncaged feral 820lb omnivore. Bullet placement is great however what happens when things don't go as planned. I want more than a minimum solution in that scenario

In a slaughter house you can walk up close and put it in it's ear I would strongly recommend that one does not get that close to a uncaged feral 820lb omnivore. Bullet placement is great however what happens when things don't go as planned. I want more than a minimum solution in that scenario
Off course.....but it still illustrates the importance of bullet placement. My dad and grandfather used to kill many deer with a 22 LR. A 38 special is a pathetic caliber for self defense as proven by the Army in the Philippines in 1902. We always have to relearn things that were common knowledge decades ago. There was a famous govt mt lion hunter in California. He killed most of his big cats with a 9mm Luger he liked to carry. Most were shot after being treed by his hounds allowing perfect shot placement.

I'll third that! you aint gonna catch me shooting a big azz hog with a .22 or .38!! Just sayin:p:D
Spoken like an amateur.....Have you ever shot a pig? 22 LR is the most lethal round in history. It has killed more people and game than any other. The most common caliber used in murders and accidental killings.

Off course.....but it still illustrates the importance of bullet placement. My dad and grandfather used to kill many deer with a 22 LR. A 38 special is a pathetic caliber for self defense as proven by the Army in the Philippines in 1902. We always have to relearn things that were common knowledge decades ago. There was a famous govt mt lion hunter in California. He killed most of his big cats with a 9mm Luger he liked to carry. Most were shot after being treed by his hounds allowing perfect shot placement.

We are not disagreeing with you. There is something to be said for shot placement in any situation. what we are trying to get at (at least me) is that in most real life scenarios you don't have the time to sand bag up and lay one in there just perfectly. I will always go with more than I need. Better to be safe than sorry I always say. ;)

You are in error. It was the .38 Long Colt (even less powerful than 38 S&W Special) that was finally abandoned by the War Department.

You are in error. It was the .38 Long Colt (even less powerful than 38 S&W Special) that was finally abandoned by the War Department.
Clearly, you have not tested the current .38 Special loading used by the Military. It's LESS than what was issued in Vietnam - and that's saying something!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top