JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So this means that ballistics is all magic and not based on science.and we can start hunting the big 5 with 22lr now

. I call b.s. and will try to use right caliber bullet combination for purpose at hand.

Figure with my luck I need all the help I can get.

Did ya see those tusks? Six inch cutters, as Mr Seago referred to them! I'd kill that big sucker if he was in my front yard too! Never mind that I'm a little fond of pork.
I'm with Robert Ruark, author of "Use Enough Gun." I'm thinking a Seacamp .32 with a 3-9X50 scope! Buffalo Bore solid slug. :D

We butchered steers and pigs in Ag Shop class at Cheney High School in 1967. The .22 lr actually performed best. The .38spl made the biggest mess. Pulled them up with an engine hoist. Used push brooms to break up the coagulated blood and get it to run off in the shop floor drain. Biggest drama was when we had a large hog trussed up after the shop teacher smacked him in the head with a sledge hammer. As the shop teacher was demonstrating how to skewer the jugular, the hog came out of it, gnashing his stubby teeth and trashing about. Two legs got free and he staggered out the shop roll-up door with blood shooting everywhere. Made it out to the parking lot before dropping dead, while a bunch of girls in P.E. class screamed from across the street. No come-along available, so lots of sweating high school boys in coveralls hauled on the hogs legs, ears, tail and snout as others tried to get a 2x12 under the body. By the time we got the hog back into the shop, class was over. When I got to algebra class the teacher gave me a long look and said 'what on earth happened?' I was sweating and disheveled, with globs of dried blood all over my Beatles 'fruit boots'. Good times.

You ARE repeating myself!!! If it AIN'T in the right place Caliber doesn't matter. My Father-in-Law took Three(3) rounds of .50BMG in his chest, Recovering in a WW-2 German Concentration Camp and lived to provide me with a Lovely Bride a few years later. Yes, ALL Three were in his chest! So, tell me about Bullet placement via Bullet caliber.

Dang man, must have been 10 ft tall as well.
Thats one badarse MFer

Because it happened once doesn't mean it should be repeated.

Always use enough gun.
I read about this on another site and thought it happened at night when they heard the dog barking and the .38 was used because it was convenient. I didn't get the impression he chose that as his hog gun of choice.

Actually, he was only about 5'9" and a Dane working for the International Red Cross at the time. Him and Two other Danes decided they didn't like the accommodations, killed a guard, stole a boat and rowed back to Danmark. Only two made it home but then it was the end of January so it was a bit nippy. He was working construction when I met him and watched him manhandle 4'x12'x3/4" sheets of plywood up onto a roof by himself - he said it was easier that way. I found out he had lost a lung in the shooting. My wife didn't even know that when we got married.

He was a tough old bird.:)

You ARE repeating myself!!! If it AIN'T in the right place Caliber doesn't matter. My Father-in-Law took Three(3) rounds of .50BMG in his chest, Recovering in a WW-2 German Concentration Camp and lived to provide me with a Lovely Bride a few years later. Yes, ALL Three were in his chest! So, tell me about Bullet placement via Bullet caliber.

Wait.... zee Germans used ".50BMG"? ..... friendly fire incident? :eek:o_O

Wait.... zee Germans used ".50BMG"? ..... friendly fire incident? :eek:o_O
It was, in fact, believed to be a British aircraft - but who's counting? Of course, the Bullets weren't Recovered. But, the convoy was taking Supplies to the German side because that was what the IRC did in those early days of the War.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top