JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That video was not on that website any more, so I still haven't seen it. All I know is a guy is dead because he smoked some pot, and two cops objected.

I don't give cops a pass for enforcing immoral, tyrannical and unconstitutional laws. I know some folks do, but going down that road ends up in the Nuremberg Defense.

That video was not on that website any more, so I still haven't seen it. All I know is a guy is dead because he smoked some pot, and two cops objected.
He's dead because he was a dumb#$^% who should have been home minding his own business instead of sitting in someone else's driveway, with the engine running, smoking his ditchweed, and when questioned, chose to jump into the shallow end of the gene pull by pulling a gun and firing FIRST at the LEO(s)....or maybe your brain can't put those pieces together.

I don't give cops a pass for enforcing immoral, tyrannical and unconstitutional laws. I know some folks do, but going down that road ends up in the Nuremberg Defense.
Well then! So you have no idea WTF you're talking about here then do ya?

I'm going by the article. Anyway nobody is disputing the facts.

Sure, it's dumb to provoke bullies. That does not excuse the behavior of the bullies. This guy is dead for doing something that is legal in Oregon, and should be legal everywhere. It's long past the time when cops should have stopped enforcing this law anywhere.

The title of this article is "why police are always on guard". You have to be when you are always sticking your nose in others' business.

Smoking weed in public is still not legal, nor is smoking while in your vehicle. And he's dead because he attempted to murder two cops - not because he was high or had weed on him.

I'm all for legalizing weed nationally - and I don't use it in any form myself - but there are and should be some limits on where one may consume it, just like with alcohol. Both should be legal, but neither should be used while in or operating a vehicle. And unlike booze, smoked weed can effect others not directly consuming the stuff so smoking the stuff in public should be a no-go. In the privacy of a home, or in a weed-bar, but not in public parks, or on the streets or sidewalks.

The guy is dead because a concerned citizen called about who knew what was going on in the car.
Maybe they had kids and maybe there was some druggies hanging out before. Only they know why they called.
Then after the cops tried to be nice,the guy went sideways and pulled a gun AND shot a cop
That's why he's dead. Because the cops were doing what the citizen that lived there asked them to do.
Not because they were sticking their nose were they don't belong.
Sorry you have had bad experiences,paully,maybe you shouldn't do unlawful things?:rolleyes:

I'm going by the article. Anyway nobody is disputing the facts.

Sure, it's dumb to provoke bullies. That does not excuse the behavior of the bullies. This guy is dead for doing something that is legal in Oregon, and should be legal everywhere. It's long past the time when cops should have stopped enforcing this law anywhere.

The title of this article is "why police are always on guard". You have to be when you are always sticking your nose in others' business.
Did you miss the part about him pulling a gun on the officers? Or does that not fit your narrative? I'm going to gently suggest that you ask yourself "Which is more life - threatening to a cop: smoking pot or pulling a gun?". I'm pretty sure I know how most people will answer that question. I'm also pretty sure you're going to try to find your way back to it being the pot. It wasn't. They got a call, checked it out, got a gun pulled on them and handled it. You could watch the video if you wanted to - it's all over the web - but you apparently don't.

What many fail to really realize is that criminals don't follow the rules (like politicians and the elite), they don't GAD about anyone but themselves. It's a wonder why police are on guard when they interact with these hood rats, I am too!!!
Yeah but you could also make the argument that many things that are illegal are stupid. There are more people sitting in jail right now for weed possession than actual violent criminals.

Yeah but you could also make the argument that many things that are illegal are stupid. There are more people sitting in jail right now for weed possession than actual violent criminals.
Agreed, but this tread is not about the legalization of pot. It's about why police are always on guard. It's because you never know when somebody is going to try to harm you. Stoner in the wrong driveway? Nope, psycho with a gun. Surprise!

Watched the video, two police officers who should be commended for their professionalism. And taking out the trash... Who knows why he was there, armed... I'm sure he wasn't a choirboy attending the seminary...

My only criticism of their approach, once the second officer was on scene, this fellow should have been fully patted down. Smoking weed, sleeping behind the wheel of a running, unregistered automobile I'm sure was probable cause enough for a pat down.

just sayin'...

What are police always on guard, because they get to deal with the finest trash society has to offer...

just because something should be legal is no excuse for anyone to use lethal force on an officer investigating something. Really discouraging to see that on here like it was the officers fault...

just because something should be legal is no excuse for anyone to use lethal force on an officer investigating something. Really discouraging to see that on here like it was the officers fault...
You should try and stop putting words in people's mouths no one said that the cops should be killed because they're enforcing terrible laws. The overwhelming fact is if it wasn't for the drug war most of our violent crime would be non-existent. That also includes crimes against cops. Blows my mind that a lot of people on right do not understand an argument for the drug war is an argument against your 2nd Amendment rights.

You should try and stop putting words in people's mouths no one said that the cops should be killed because they're enforcing terrible laws. The overwhelming fact is if it wasn't for the drug war most of our violent crime would be non-existent. That also includes crimes against cops. Blows my mind that a lot of people on right do not understand an argument for the drug war is an argument against your 2nd Amendment rights.

Good bye Dewayne, your #34.....

Im not disagreeing with the reason to legalize marijuana, but thats not what this thread is about and not the reason the suspect in the video was killed. My impression is some comments here seem to support that he was killed over his marijuana use... as if the cops would have never been there if it was legal, if I'm wrong I apologize for any assumptions but after watching the video the cops were very professional and the gunfight over a misdemeanor charge was the suspects own undoing.

Last Edited:
Right but if you take the thing that they're killing you for and make it worth nothing. It's not really worth killing someone over for anymore. we should have learned from alcohol prohibition.

He was killed because he shot a cop, and then decided to shoot it out with 2 cops.

The cops were there because someone called to report a suspicious vehicle in their driveway, irrelevant of what the kid was doing.... the cops are doing their job. That POS got off a lucky shot on a cop, and died because of it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top