JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You should try and stop putting words in people's mouths no one said that the cops should be killed because they're enforcing terrible laws. The overwhelming fact is if it wasn't for the drug war most of our violent crime would be non-existent. That also includes crimes against cops. Blows my mind that a lot of people on right do not understand an argument for the drug war is an argument against your 2nd Amendment rights.
A misdemeanor is a terrible law? dood, I don't care if you raped Mother Theresa (well..), or were just chewing a hank a chewing gum minding your business and all.. you don't draw on a copper.. yada yada.

He's just upset because he is all for Pot being legalized everywhere

Actually, I am arguing for liberty. The OP here does not describe an example of liberty - no matter how "professional" those cops acted. In a free country, someone might come up to a guy parked in somebody's driveway and say, "You'd better move on." He wouldn't be trying to throw somebody in a cage.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all."
--H.L. Mencken

I should add that, when a law is evil, not only should the people ignore or disobey it; even more important is that police should not enforce it. An example of that is the rural sheriffs in Oregon refusing to enforce SB941 - we all admire that, don't we?

If a cop had enforced the fugitive slave law from the 1850's, would we be calling him "professional"? Even if he did it by the book?

I should add that, when a law is evil, not only should the people ignore or disobey it; even more important is that police should not enforce it. An example of that is the rural sheriffs in Oregon refusing to enforce SB941 - we all admire that, don't we?

If a cop had enforced the fugitive slave law from the 1850's, would we be calling him "professional"? Even if he did it by the book?
Well, he made his choice. Cops enforce codified law.

[
Well, he made his choice. Cops enforce codified law.
In any of my comments please show me where I said the cops did anything wrong. my only point is they wouldn't be there in the first place if they weren't enforcing stupid drug laws. Why is it so hard to understand that you can support something but not agree with every aspect of it.

The cops originally responded to a suspicious vehicle in the driveway. It devolved from there. I wonder the extent of their training since they did not check this guy for weapons.

I can sympathize with the people arguing against overbearing laws that are passed. Look what we face as gun owners exercising a right enumerated in our constitution and other founding documents. Have you heard the word marijuana or cannabis or hemp mentioned by either candidate? Nope, I haven't, but I know one dispisesthe 2A, and the other has changed his views from a NYC RINO to one I can agree with. They have both spoken the lines their party base wants to here. You know where Hitlery stands, and I'll give Trump a chance. Drain the Swamp...so to speak.
Now, if this kid wanted to smoke weed, he should not have been behind the wheel of a car....stopped or not...and he should not have parked in the driveway at some strangers house to do it. If you're parked in my driveway smoking pot or slamming down a bottle of Johnny Walker, you're in for a world of hurt because I'm coming outside to put you under citizen's arrest for trespassing as well as trying to prevent a potential DWI/DUI accident where someone could be killed.
This kid made his choice....deal with a misdemeanor or draw and fire on a cop. He shot one, and triedshooting the other one. He saved the taxpayers a lot of money is the end result.....how many appeals do you think he'd go through if he had given up and gone to trial for attempted murder on a police officer?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top