JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm puzzled why anyone would violate his OPSEC on the internet and explain where your guns are, how you store them, where your safes are, what hours of the day you work and sleep, how many guns you have, types and loads, etc....

Suffice it to say, I'm well armed and I have "enough" to either defend myself for a long engagement, or die trying. And I have lots of tricks up my sleeves.

I'm puzzled why anyone would violate his OPSEC on the internet and explain where your guns are, how you store them, where your safes are, what hours of the day you work and sleep, how many guns you have, types and loads, etc....

Suffice it to say, I'm well armed and I have "enough" to either defend myself for a long engagement, or die trying. And I have lots of tricks up my sleeves.

Not like I mentioned the claymore..... ;)
Oh wait. Crap.

What does it matter? If someone is coming to "hit me" and so motivated they are researching me online, I gotta assume they are bringing big guns and some friends.

My best hope at that point is putting up a good fight and earning my dinner in Valhalla.

The need for a large capacity weapon can be perceived to be less essential when it's intended use is in the home. Extra speedloaders or mags can be safely located all about the house, and the weapon can be smaller for possible secondary use by a spouse or other capable resident should the need arise. As the supply lines become longer and less reliable when you leave your base (home), the need for carried capacity increases.

Whoever wants to know about your guns, already knows.
Thank 4473 and I-594.

I don't have an "OPSEC". :rolleyes:

Are crooks going to research my NWFA records? And even if they do, what are they going to find, is my home address there?

If LE wants to come and take my firearms, will them knowing/not-knowing where they are make any difference?

If SHTF, I'm defending my house with all that wholesome goodness anyway... come and try to take it!

Oh BTW, if Mr. BG and his buddies DO decide to play, at short range MY IMI Razorcore 77-gr. Mk 262 loads in 5.56 NATO trump YOUR vests if you bring 'em... so the question is, who wants to eat a gutshot for his buddies FIRST?

In California I know a home invader and a home invadee. In Oregon I had a coworker have his home broken onto while they we home sleeping and a neighbor have their house attempted to be broken onto. There was nothing remarkable about any of the victims. No one was wealthy or a VIP in business. It can happen to anyone.

I prefer my Sig P220 45 cal for HD. 9 rounds to get the ball rolling if needed. Hopefully a locked door and dog will get the message across, we do not wish to be disturbed. It's a problem that we should have to explain why we had to defend ourselves for someone else's bad choices.

Last Edited:
Back in `94, I was living in a house in Grinnell, IA and married with a kid. My wife and son were spending the night out at her parent's farm and I was home alone at 2am when I was awakened by a loud noise.

I was downstairs with a Ruger P90 and a D-cell Maglite post haste.

Cleared the house, verified everything was secure, and went back to bed.

Woke up the next day and my wife came home and asked what happened on the back porch. Looked and there was a giant boot print on the back door, and stuff knocked over. Went around and found an empty whiskey pint bottle in the yard.

Somebody had tried to kick in my back door and do God knows what, but when the initial entry failed and they saw a light come on, they fled.

Only time I've had an attempted home invasion...

A very good point, "when the initial entry failed and they saw a light come on, they fled". This is why your firepower is your last line of defense and not your first unless you haven't made any attempts to harden the target - your home.

SP-01 on the night stand but I probably wont need it .....not sure if I can call them off, kinda wild.
IMG_1055.JPG

These are not a legally binding statements. Sometimes I use more.

Well, before bbbass and I lost all our firearms in that dang boating mishap, I always kept a G21sf (13+1) next to my bed with a surefire light attached. My wife tried semi's but felt better with a wheelgun so she has(had) a 3" blued GP100 next to her side. The Mossburg with folding stock and one in the pipe was a couple of steps away.
If I lived in a city it might've been the AR with its' Surefire 60 rounder.

Well, when you live in a state with the highest property crime rate in the country, it might be a good idea to be just a little prepared.

If you shoot someone that is unarmed just because they are stealing property and not a threat (at least not a verifiable direct threat) you are probably going to find you have a lot of legal problems to contend with.

That's the big problem that having so many untrained people with guns (I'm not saying you are untrained, but as a general statement) for home defense, most haven't a clue when it's legal to use or even show their firearm. And out of the thousands, if not millions that are bought for home defense, I'm going to guess only a very small percentage of those have had any training and would know what to do or be able to do it.

The main objective of the hype about home defense is to sell guns and ammunition and all the other peripherals that get sold when someone buys a gun or two or three. The gun industry and the groups pushing the sale of all kinds of guns that really have little use other than using up a lot of ammunition or mowing down a horde of zombies (and there are no zombies in the PNW, they don't like rain and cold) use the fear factor about home defense, just like the insurance industry uses it to sell insurance.

And like everything else in life, it's not black and white and there is some truth to having protection available when it is needed, but statistics show that it isn't needed any where near as much as some people want you to think it is. Maybe 75% of those on this forum think so, but 75% of the people on here is a small percentage of the surrounding Portland area, lot alone the US as a whole.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads