JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Define "saved".
= Not allowed to die like many new rounds often do, which it might have if not for Delta Elite and S&W.

After the Bren-Ten died i think it was a dead caliber..Then Colt, and soon after Smith started making guns in 10mm. I guess the FBI help save it, then reduced it to an FBI Lite. Which brings us to .40 right!

Per Wiki:

"Another issue with early acceptance was the result of manufacturing problems with the Bren Ten. The contractor who was to manufacture the magazines was unable to deliver them on time, and as such, many early Bren Tens were shipped to dealers and customers without magazines. The relatively high price of the Bren Ten compared to other pistols (MSRP in 1986 was US$500) also contributed, and the company ceased operations in 1986, after only three years of manufacture. Had not Colt made the rather surprising decision in 1987 to bring out their Delta Elite pistol, a 10 mm Auto version of the Government Model, the cartridge might have sunk into obsolescence, becoming an obscure footnote in firearms history."

The only reason that I don't own a Glock is because they feel like a brick in my hand, well not exactly a brick but you get the idea. The blockiness of the grip just does not feel comfortable in my hands, I prefer the grip of HK's and 1911's. Quality wise, from what I hear, Glock's go bang every time the trigger is pulled.

I've owned a Glock and liked it a lot after I put a grip sleeve with palm swells on it. But let's be straight about a couple of issues: First, it was advertised as, "Glock Perfection"..........well that's just ASKING for hate. Next, why that grip angle that nobody else uses? And, after decades of consumers begging for a single-stack model Glock, the Company STILL has not responded. Next, there ARE scads of documented problems with Glocks, particularly the .40 cal models with lights on the rail. Whole police departments have abandoned the Glock despite Glock's flying tech-squads doing field repair/replace and model buy-ups to cure problems. Finally, it is simply a fact that the short and light trigger pull with no safety makes negligent discharges more likely than with other pistols---get some shirt in the trigger guard when holstering and it is no longer theoretical! Yes, I liked my Glock and it was a GREAT shooter, but I will look at a lot of other guns before I get another.............................elsullo

I am not saying that Glock is hands down the best of the best. That would be silly since glock can never beat eric roberts. They're well built, cheap, reliable, and ultimately effective and efficient. I still love my 1911's and 92fs. I would love it more if it wasn't for the fingergrooves. I can't get over it because it feels so akward but still a great Jack of all trades but master of none kind of weapon.

Hello all,
I was at a local gun shop today and I overheard a piece of a conversation as I was browsing...
One guy says to another, "Tom is a glock head, so you can tell he doesn't know bubblegum."
This isn't the first time I've heard a remark of this sort.
I understand that people have personal preferences about grip angle, trigger action, finish and so on. There are guns that I personally don't care for, but I don't assume that someone else that is enthusiastic about the same brand is a moron.
I was hoping that one of you glock haters or someone with more insight than myself could explain to me why some people are so negative about pistols that have such a proven track record of reliability/durability.

Enlighten me.

The speaker who made the derogatory statement about "Tom" because he likes Glocks is obviously a tool who probably doesn't know squat about any firearms; the gun shop commando type. As to the question about why do so many people hate Glocks...Who cares? Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

most people hate something they dont understand i owned just about every gun you guys have talked about in this tread. and im not bragging just love guns . but there is not a more dependable pistol out there. you can though them drop them in dirt , water freeze them. there like a ak47 just keep going. im going to cause trouble out there now.but with a trigger job and you do your part they shoot as good as any sig, hk, 1911 , or Beretta out there and is more dependable plus you can get one new for 480.00 now here is the mane reason you hate themthere about 300.00to 1000.00 dollars cheaper than one of the sigs, hk, or 1911 you have and the glock will out perform its not so much you hate them your guns just jealous :p:D

I own three 1911A1s, a CZ75, two Browning Hi-Powers, two Glocks, and about ten other handguns. I love em all, but the Glocks are what I've chosen as my defensive carry pistols 99% of the time because they work, and work well.

Some of my friends dislike Glocks,and prefer S&W M&Ps, XDs, and H&Ks, and they all prefer other pistols because of issues of personal preference related to feel and fit. People who can't seem to acknowledge the fact that they're excellent pistols (even if they prefer something else) are the types whose opinions I usually choose to ignore.

Personally, I don't care for XDs or Sig-Sauers, but I still recognize the fact that they are well-built handguns and good choices for those who prefer them. As far as the Beretta M9 goes, I fired thousands of rounds through them in the Marine Corps, and simply can't stand them. Too big of a grip, and I could never shoot them well.

Glocks are for girly men and 9mm examples are for those that squat to pee.:p:s0140:

owned a 23 and a 22 but didnt much care for them, I preferred the feel of the Sigma. I mostly carry revolvers now cause who really needs 10 or 15 rds to hit the target.

The speaker who made the derogatory statement about "Tom" because he likes Glocks is obviously a tool who probably doesn't know squat about any firearms; the gun shop commando type. As to the question about why do so many people hate Glocks...Who cares? Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

I'd be willing to bet there are more ignorant or uninformed "Glock heads" then "H-K heads" or "Sig heads" for a couple of reasons.
1) Price. Since a Glock is so much cheaper than the others they are more likely to attract first time buyers.

2) Reputation. EVERYBODY knows what a Glock is, whether they know anything about guns or not. Ask a non-gun owner if they were to get a gun would they likely become "dyed in the wool" Sig or H-K fanboys and you'd probably get a blank stare.

I'm not saying Glocks are a bad choice (G26 is my daily carry) but it's an easy choice, even for the uninformed.

The driving force behind my decission to purchase a Glock was twofold.
A.) Inexpensive gun for a person with limited funds.
B.) I can work on it myself. No money going out to a gunsmith.

Do I wish that I had the knowledge and tools to work on my 1911 and revolvers yes! Just can't finance it right now.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads