JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
"If you are paranoid, you don't need to push any buttons, just stay on the phone, we know where you are, we know what you're thinking, and one of our agents will be right there...."

Feeling the urge to jump back in here and give my view on the "I'm not scared of death" tangent. Maybe I misunderstood a few posts and this is completely off base. If it is, feel free to correct me, I can take it.

Start mini-rant:

As someone who has seen and participated in a bit of life-taking, I have zero problem admitting that I've been scared plenty of times. No shame whatsoever, I still carry my man card.
Some of the absolute worst people to have fighting by your side are those who have no fear. Being a crazy, fearless badazs might sound cool and stuff, but dying is just pain dumb.
Contrary to popular belief, fear is not bad. How you react to fear is what matters. Panic is bad. Inaction is bad. Etc, etc. I don't even care if you shat yourself or p!ss down your leg. As long as you do what needs doing, you're ok by me.
If someone tells me nothing scares them, I see them as either full of sh!t, or crazy. Either way, not on my team. I'll skip that guy.

However, fear is not what prompts me to carry in my own time. Knowledge, desire to be always prepared and the fact that I can, are why I carry.
Perhaps most importantly, rights unused soon disappear. If for no other reason, all gun owners should hold permits, licenses, whatever your particular state chooses to call them.

Out.

Perhaps most importantly, rights unused soon disappear. If for no other reason, all gun owners should hold permits, licenses, whatever your particular state chooses to call them.

That is not a right when it gets to this but rather a privilege that they control and can use against you. For instance, don't pay your child support, loose your driving license (privilege).

Never give the bastards ammo is my mind set.

you see now? It is a 2nd admen RIGHT you forfeit when you ask permission. Would any one of the boys that fought the revolutionary war asked the crown to take their fingerprints, money and allow them to be papered?

Some states are seeing this intrusion into our freedom and are dropping the stupid ccw law. Hopefully some day all the states will see it as it is written (not be infringed) and will drop this intrusion into our lives.

Seriously, what difference is there really between open and concealed? A known felon is not going to be open carrying and definitely wont be getting a permit.

How about this: how long until they demand all permittee to get the smart gun app? and if you don't get the app, the door gets kicked in and you must relinquish the very weapon that is licensed to THEM and quite possibly all weapons b/c big brother does not take "no" very well.

It was governments that killed 200+ million last century. not ms-13, or drug addicts, or blacks in the hood.. Governments. Don't give them ammo to use against you.

Me thinks theres gonna be a reckoning here in these good Ol' United States of this America! Texas and other southern states have the right idea, lets see that swell and the people take there states to task and run this all the way up the flag pole!!!! Mor4us has it right!

Many MANY times I've thought about living life to the fullest by moving to the Lone Star State. I hate living in Washington State. But, the fact that I'm married, the wife says NO. And has said since day one. I despise living in a pussified society that's run by city dwellers growing dung.

I took an oath for my country many years ago. I stand by that. Regardless of addendum.

Many MANY times I've thought about living life to the fullest by moving to the Lone Star State. I hate living in Washington State. But, the fact that I'm married, the wife says NO. And has said since day one. I despise living in a pussified society that's run by city dwellers growing dung.

I took an oath for my country many years ago. I stand by that. Regardless of addendum.
I like the EAST side of Washington. I could and will not live on the coast. I would move to Somalia first.

It does not matter "where" in Washington. For the most, it's a beautiful, green(use to be)forrest of valleys that are stumps. The beauty is no more. The cities, the same. Worse. I despise going north or south on the highways. The concrete, AHHHH!!!

No matter N, S, E, W, it's no matter.

Naw, there is some real sticks on the border up north. Grab a map, go north east of Republic south of Midway Canada. What do you see?

I am counting the days to retirement and moving. Closest NE Wa, but Idaho is on the list. or, I may be SD and choose the nomad life in an APC I mean an RV with the wife.
Born and raised in WA....love it but it is changing way too poorly for my tastes.
Brutus Out

I hear ya man. No offense dude. More power to ya, if ya get yer ole lady in an APC.
If ya manage, DO tell.

It's a has been.

That's why I got the hell out of OryGun! Moved to Eastern Colorado where the fresh Mt air is clean and pure, the Elk are thick, and the Bears are HUGE! Me needs a nice Bear Coat! Plus, there are a lot of like minded folks here that don't take crap! Just need to make the mag limits go away:mad:

I lived in Idaho for 38 years. Wont move back ever, and the wife said she would divorce me if I tried. She lived there with me, we were married there, all 3 of my children born there, and I will NEVER go back to that Nazi police state..ever. I have traveled and worked in most every state west of the Mississippi. I drove truck in the 80's across this country at least a half dozen times north to south east to west and back. I don't like oppressive humidity so most the south is out. i did two tours in North Dakota oilfields and that place is hot and humid in the summer with mosquitoes from hell and then 50 below in the winter.. keep that. MAYBE I would live in the Globe/Miami area of Arizona if I was to move from here as their gun laws rock and the area is about right for my tastes weather wise. I am mostly a desert rat as I loved living in Las Vegas during the construction boom of 2004 till the crash of 2007. But for now, these dying towns out in the wheat fields on the edge of Idaho's wilderness fits the bill just fine.

AND I detest state income taxes.

It does not matter "where" in Washington. For the most, it's a beautiful, green(use to be)forrest of valleys that are stumps. The beauty is no more. The cities, the same. Worse. I despise going north or south on the highways. The concrete, AHHHH!!!

No matter N, S, E, W, it's no matter.

Little off topic, but I have never been as scared driving anywhere else than I have in Washington, not even in California. The 350 dually I just drove angry and survived. In the 85 foot long double jointed 50 ton dump truck and transfer I was scared for those around me lost in their bubbles of stupid. On the Goldwing I nearly lost my life three times running I-5 at different times. An old Harley rider once told me that on multi lane highways the only safe place is in the leftmost lane running faster than the traffic. At the time I laughed. I found out even that isn't enough in Washington. Kinda glad I don't go there anymore. If I do I carry though!

I lived in Idaho for 38 years. Wont move back ever, and the wife said she would divorce me if I tried. She lived there with me, we were married there, all 3 of my children born there, and I will NEVER go back to that Nazi police state..ever. I have traveled and worked in most every state west of the Mississippi. I drove truck in the 80's across this country at least a half dozen times north to south east to west and back. I don't like oppressive humidity so most the south is out. i did two tours in North Dakota oilfields and that place is hot and humid in the summer with mosquitoes from hell and then 50 below in the winter.. keep that. MAYBE I would live in the Globe/Miami area of Arizona if I was to move from here as their gun laws rock and the area is about right for my tastes weather wise. I am mostly a desert rat as I loved living in Las Vegas during the construction boom of 2004 till the crash of 2007. But for now, these dying towns out in the wheat fields on the edge of Idaho's wilderness fits the bill just fine.

Spent a week in Globe working on a machine, loved it. Spent a night in Phoenix, hated it, lol. Like to visit Globe again and the surrounding area, do some camping sometime.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads