JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
"BCEH concludes that breathing the air in the Lewiston and Clarkston area will not result in an elevated cancer risk."**

**From the very report you reference...guess you can't spell OR read.

You admit you're lazy...and then misspell Coeur D'Alene again showing your purposeful ignorance.

Then follow up by seemingly wanting me to get cancer.

You further follow up with a moronic attempt to belittle a large group of people with a falsely premised tooth brush "joke".

Then double down with a weak attempt to imply that the population is ignorant because we don't spend as much as more wasteful States do on their Government Youth Indoctrination Centers.

It would appear to most reasonable people that your departure and self-induced exile has improved the State...and for that, I thank you.

oh my, I detect hostility..Lewiston stinks. Period. STINKS and if you can smell it then is it good for you? I passed through last year during the fire season and you couldn't see 20 feet in front of the hood.

That valley sucks up the pollution, my brother had to move away because it caused him health problems. Clarkston, he wont live in Idaho either and he too was raised there.

But for you I say "onward through the fog".

Last Edited:
Wow.

Did we ever hear where this guy moved to?

My favorite part is how the air was sooo bad in Lewiston, that his feeble brother had to move away.................. To Clarkston, 5 minutes away hahahahahaha:rolleyes:

Wow.

My favorite part is how the air was sooo bad in Lewiston, that his feeble brother had to move away.................. To Clarkston, 5 minutes away hahahahahaha:rolleyes:
It is connected not 5 minutes away. He moved from clarkston, not lewiston. Same valley or didn't you notice? Learn to think. We don't agree on a lot of topics. but we both agree Idaho sucks. We have about 90 combined years living there.. but hey what do we know?

Last Edited:
Well it seems that I have invited a lot of hostility towards me with my question. I wish I had the capacity to have worded it in less of a confrontational way.
I posted the question out of a concern I had about all the mental and emotional energy that I have seen in the idea of killing another person. It was an observation of some, and not an all encompassing judgment on any majority of gun owners. My interests in firearms are very different than others in this observation, and I was truly only posting my question to discuss the idea rather than instigate defensive emotional response.
I have learned a lot with this post. I really feel no need to defend myself against the personal attacks to my moral values in question. Again, I thought this was a place to have civil discussion, and I am quite overwhelmed by the response.

I wish I could follow a conversation thread without discrediting other's views here. Unfortunately I have neither the experience nor bandwidth to be able to do so. So many people here said so many interesting things. But as I said, the hostility toward me is a very absolute turn off to what could have otherwise been a intelligent conversation.
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts, ideas, beliefs and experiences.
I have read them all, and will probably need months to process them :)

Echoing what @bolus said in his response, I have to agree. Guns are a hot button issue, perhaps more so today than in the past. And a big reason for that is the growing, never-ending assault on gun rights. It should be loud and clear that the 2nd amendment secures those rights for the citizens of the US, but politicians have made entire careers attacking those very rights.

I believe what you experienced here, in part, was due to the fact that this site DOES get visited by people who seem to have the intent of stirring up problems, emotions, even starting all out fights, over the topic of guns. I've seen quite a few over the past few years myself. Your question, even though it wasn't your intent, just happened to exactly nail one of the big sticking points gun owners have - the false perception that they are only motivated to own or carry out of fear (or ignorance) - a narrative constantly reinforced by the media and anti-gun politicians. That you got, from some, the response you did, had a lot to do with the past history of such attacks on this site.

That being said, many folks, I believe the greater majority, of the responses you received, were well thought out and rational. In fact, I think I saw a greater collection of well-stated reasons for owning and/or carrying guns for self defense than on some other threads I've seen. Overall, troll sniping comments aside, I think this forum did a fantastic job of addressing your question. I would recommend sticking around and getting into the conversation a bit more to see how things flow here. There is a 'personality' of sorts to this forum, and once you figure it out, you find out pretty quickly who will respond, and how they will typically respond. It's an interesting and informative, if not occasionally hot-headed, place to be. And that's why I like it here.

You may also notice in my post #103, I took issue with some members here jumping to the immediate conclusion that you were a troll based simply on a question you asked. Not everyone attacks people here, some do, but most don't. And to be clear, a disagreement, even a strongly worded one, isn't necessarily an "attack". I firmly believe in the rights of folks to disagree, even strongly disagree with other's points of view - but I don't see disagreement as an attack. Rather it's a good starting ground for lively and informative debate.

Learn to articulate yourself and there wouldn't be any confusion. But then again, you're from Idaho;)
Nope, born in wallla walla..Let us recap your post:

Wow.

My favorite part is how the air was sooo bad in Lewiston, that his feeble brother had to move away.................. To Clarkston, 5 minutes away hahahahahahaattachFull293532

ok now we see that you know he moved out of the valley by this statement:

But then you somehow decided he moved across state lines into the same problem, when you already stated above you knew he moved from the valley? Do you have ADHD?

View attachment 293532

This bullsh!t should stop. The name calling and putting down of one another has no place here.
Fine with me, I tried to drop it right here: post 239
but hey groovy guys and gals, this is getting way OT.. so I am now done with the Idaho bashing.

but got dragged back in.

Last Edited:
I was wondering where YOU moved to when you escaped the horrors of Idaho.

Clarkston, he wont live in Idaho either and he too was raised there.

Since we're going to parse words here...

You started that post by saying how Lewiston stank.

Then recall the story of your brother having to move... Then being the next sentence with what I quoted above.
Lewiston stinks and the air is so poor
Your brother had to move. Clarkston... Hmm here's where your articulation falls apart. And of course you say he was raised in Idaho, so one would reasonably conclude that you were raised with your brother... In Idaho.

If you're going to jump on people for their interpretation of your words. Be specific... Or let it go.

However, it seems all you want to do is be inflammatory. While we're blaming the OP for trolling..... Here you are being the worse troll.

You come in and start trashing an entire state, some of your fellow board members are Idahoans or have ties to it. Naturally they'd take offense to it. So you want to start a fire and then walk away from it.
Very Clintonian of you. Say a bunch of crap and get people riled up and once the heats on you day you're done with the conversation and try to shut it down by pretending to walk away.

Nice.

I am free to express my opinion on this board and I did. You call it bashing, I call it my opinion and when asked why I hold said opinion I give my reasons and then I am the bad guy for bashing Idaho. I realize a lot of folks are all defensive about the state they live in and that is fine with me. Go ahead and bash Washington because no state is with out faults, and I am not about to defend Seattle that is for sure and certain sooooo...Fine, I am a troll, now can we be done with it?

BTW, you must have never been to Lewiston because it always smells like a cross between sweaty foot odor and a bovine feedlot. But then maybe some folks like that?
And.. FINALLY, if the truth hurts oh well, cry me a river.

Look over there
<<<

250 likes out of 163 posts..

now look at yours...
I've been here less than a month, you since 2008 and that is the best you can do?

Last Edited:
No one ever expects to be the victim of violence... but it happens:

<broken link removed>

Adam is the son of a friend's friend. Good family, 2 generations of military service (father was in CG, Adam served in Navy), Adam was finishing school and was looking forward to starting a family with his wife. Took his dog out for a walk, and then... the unthinkable.

I can't speak for other gun owners, but I don't live a life paralyzed by fear. Just the sobering awareness that the worst can and does happen, often when we least expect it. And if that worst case scenario of violence happens, I don't want to have any regrets about tools that I didn't have with me to save my family or myself.

Please enough with the bashing , name calling , Post vs. likes comparisons , "But he started it" comments etc...
We all have or should have read the forum rules.
I understand it when a post gets under you skin.
But is it worth all the time and negative energy that goes into responding to a post with what could be a rude or insulting manner?
Not being "holier than thou" as I am guilty of this myself. Just posting a reminder to be civil.
Andy

This is why we shouldn't clown around too much... Sometimes it leads to bashing... I mean I'm guilty of it too, just saying we should try not to do it so much.

Last Edited:
And then we walk the fine line of PC correctness of offending someone. WTF did this become the norm? When did all of a sudden we humans get so soft skinned that to be offended is next to raped?

I will admit things got a bit out of hand but, when we are all muzzled by PC BS be careful what you say about the weather b/c that is all we will be able to discuss and that too can offend.

Seriously, Lewiston, Idaho smells nasty, sorry about this but to not be able to point it out b/c someone might get offended?

Really?

Flame wars suck, but disagreement on topics and the ability to speak out without being attacked for PC Correctness and not freaking out at being called Clintonian or getting everyones panties in a wad is what made this country great...

BTW.. Great comeback Shibber..good shiot (that is cross between sh!t and shot)

Now we have devolved into micro aggression into our safe spaces harshing the buzz..

How dare you.

We are doomed..

Last Edited:
Well it seems that I have invited a lot of hostility towards me with my question. I wish I had the capacity to have worded it in less of a confrontational way.
I wish I could follow a conversation thread without discrediting other's views here. Unfortunately I have neither the experience nor bandwidth to be able to do so. So many people here said so many interesting things. But as I said, the hostility toward me is a very absolute turn off to what could have otherwise been a intelligent conversation.
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts, ideas, beliefs and experiences.
I have read them all, and will probably need months to process them :)

I think you are reading way into this and even you say you wish you could have have worded it in less of a confrontational way. So you do realize you are getting responses based on that and are confused why people reacted to what you say you wish had worded it in less of a confrontational way.
I own a Confederate Flag several in fact, if one asked why do people feel the need for one I think you would get a similar response. Antis always respond with aggression and anger yet people here responded based on again your wish worded it in less of a confrontational way. Then I see no fault seeing the responses by the group when even you see the concern yourself. Yet you do not leave it at that you make it seem like it was and error for those to respond to your question that you see as needed to be worded it in less of a confrontational way. If you felt attacked maybe you were not attacked, but presented a situation knowingly there would be an response like this, as after all you do say, you wish have worded it in less of a confrontational way.
So in closing I would not take it personal I think people were responding to your question as you asked it . Good people here and helpful and as you see they will give accurate information based on the presentation of your questions .
:)

Confederate Flag you say? My my, I am sorry but I have to report this.. See something say something you know? Obviously, you are a terrywrist.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads