JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why not a CZ75B, all steel and twice the mag capacity.
She has one of those now. Triger isn't great. As mentioned in the first post I only have one gun in 9mm (Tanfoglio, single action only), and a 1911/.45. Thought it might be nice for the both of us to have access to a .9mm 1911 with the nicer than single/double action trigger of the CZ. I also have a CZ SP01 in .40.

She has one of those now. Triger isn't great. As mentioned in the first post I only have one gun in 9mm (Tanfoglio, single action only), and a 1911/.45. Thought it might be nice for the both of us to have access to a .9mm 1911 with the nicer than single/double action trigger of the CZ. I also have a CZ SP01 in .40.
If you bring the ammo, I'll let you shoot both the RIA and Springfield 1911 9mm at North Fork Wolf Creek Road. I saw that there is some graffiti that needs to be covered up and I bought paint to do that.

My old school Series 70.
Colt-1911-9mm-003.jpg

Aloha, Mark

I have a Kimber SS Target 9mm and while right and tight in the fit and finish, it is finicky on COAL and bullet ogive. Likes them run long. Forget truncated cone or hollowpoint. They won't run.

My sig1911 is in 45acp, but it has been fantastic, especially considering it's mid grade price. Just had it out yesterday putting the round count at 6823 almost entirely suppressed rounds. I've only changed the recoil spring to a heavier one because of extra back pressure. It isn't picky with mags and will run without cleaning much. Not sure how many 9mm offerings they have. Trigger is good but it is a series 80 so it's not going to be the best. Love this example

60CE295B-4018-474A-8272-AAF994AA68CE.jpeg

I don't think i want to go that low end. I have no reason not to. Everything I've heard says they shoot just fine. Probably irrational but....Feel I need to spend more for a little more refinement. Ideally!? I find a gun that's just great, buy it, and in 2 years you'd be able to get THE SAME gun for $250.00 less! That's how I roll.
I have one of the new Rock Island 1911 Ultra 9mm
I do not find it cheep or unrefined
fit and finish is better than my Springfield 1911 .45
and, yes, the 9mm with proper springs recoils a lot less than the platform in .45

I guess I missed the notification of these replies yesterday.

Looks like a fine gun, but I don't recognize what it is?

I pretty much KNOW, that any website that says at the bottom of the page "Contact us for more information", isn't something I'm going to afford. But dang, the 6 incher sure looks nice! But not likely practical for the Wife.

We had to go to Salem, (NOT because we won the lottery) and stopped in Sportsman's down there to peruse for powder, primers, sale rack for Wifey. They had a generic full size Kimber in the case. 9mm. I thought the trigger was terrible? It had a "crunch" before it broke. I have a Kimber Stainless II I bought new in early 2011. That was pretty much their base gun. It has a great trigger, in comparison.

if you are willing to settle for a 9 get a glock.
BITE YOUR TONGUE!
Got to say though, that Browning is an awfully neat gun. I like guns with a historic provenance. Wish I knew where I could actually lay hands on one. at least to see what it feels like.

Grabagun dot com has a 6" fusion in 9mm I'm eyeballing.

Another vote for the R.I. ultra 9mm. I have owned quite a few 1911's in 45acp. I wanted to try 9mm in a 1911. It was an affordable option to see if it appealed to me. Turned out to be one of the smoothest shooting handguns I own, If I would do anything different, I might choose the higher capacity version.

Grabagun dot com has a 6" fusion in 9mm I'm eyeballing.

I'm not terribly opposed to spending that much. I'm hesitant to spend that much on a gun with out being able to fondle it first. One would think, that paying that much for a gun would insure the trigger is a good one. But you never know. I would have thought that Kimber we felt would have been as good as the one I got those years ago.

It is a Dan Wesson CCO
I thought the pattern on the grip looked familiar. Just didn't know from who. I can't bring myself to pay that much money for a gun. Not that I couldn't if I really wanted to. I'm my parents kid still. They were raised in the depression. It's a mind set.

I thought the pattern on the grip looked familiar. Just didn't know from who. I can't bring myself to pay that much money for a gun. Not that I couldn't if I really wanted to. I'm my parents kid still. They were raised in the depression. It's a mind set.
The Dan Wesson is entry level in the 1911 world.

5F0A5EDB-30B7-4FF0-9A76-AAB86E07582A.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads