JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are your thoughts and experiences with gas pedals / accelerators / thumb ledges?

Specifically looking for feedback on subcompact, but general thoughts on compact and full size are welcome to.

Got a couple pieces I'm playing with different mods on and this is one item I've no real experience with. They're not expensive by any means so I could just go buy 'em and try it, but I still like to hear what others have to say.

Not me, holsters can be expensive and I own to many of them as it is.

Don't really care for the take down lever style gas pedal. I do like texturing on the frame / grip module or built in ledge where my thumb would go.Thinking like the echelon or some of the grips modules for p320 / p365 like sharps bros.

Absolutely timely thread. I pulled out my custom ambidextrous thumb ledged 1911 while doing 120 and it got torn right from my goldurn clutches!

I run one on my Ruger MK4 22/45. Mainly just for a place to rest my thumb.

IMG_3419.png

I like to bolt all kinds of crap to my subcompact guns, too. They're just too small and concealable without a flashlight, red dot, gas pedal and extended magazines

I run mostly glock so an angle cut to make a ledge on the index point has worked well for me, no worries on holsters, just it a permanent mod to the frame. If you run an x300 or a tlr7sub you can check out "the wing" from antimatter industries. No mods to gun, they install to the lights themselves and are spring loaded. Again, no specific holsters needed as they wing closes up when re-holstering.

I run mostly glock so an angle cut to make a ledge on the index point has worked well for me, no worries on holsters, just it a permanent mod to the frame. If you run an x300 or a tlr7sub you can check out "the wing" from antimatter industries. No mods to fun, they install to the lights themselves and are spring loaded. Again, no specific holsters needed as they wing closes up when re-holstering.
QVO has something similar that they just released recently.

QVO has something similar that they just released recently.

Came here to say this. I just got mine from QVO, and it is pretty incredible. The biggest plus for me, is that I am a lefty, and there are very few 'thumb ledge' type products out there for us lefty's who were raised by witches. The key to the QVO 'thumb cliff' is that you have to have a X300 in the A Model, which is less popular. I ended up getting lucky, because I actually prefer the A model to the B model, and so that is all i have! So mounted it to a Staccato XC, and it is MONEY. Well worth the very minimal cost to give it a try . . . Plus you get two with the order- one short length and one long length. Honestly i wish they made a slight longer long length, as it works for me but just a few millimeters longer and it would be perfect. Benefit Is that it works in holsters designed for X300 mounted guns, and all QVO holsters, which are very good quality.

I run mostly glock so an angle cut to make a ledge on the index point has worked well for me, no worries on holsters, just it a permanent mod to the frame. If you run an x300 or a tlr7sub you can check out "the wing" from antimatter industries. No mods to gun, they install to the lights themselves and are spring loaded. Again, no specific holsters needed as they wing closes up when re-holstering.
Unfortunately, nothing for SIG22x guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads