JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

One or Two

• One Eye

Votes: 67 36.2%
  • Two Eyes

Votes: 51 27.6%
  • I shoot both ways

Votes: 68 36.8%

• Total voters
I have only known 1 eye closed.:confused: I would like to learn how to shoot with 2 eyes open. I honestly thought it was 1 eye closed ALWAYS!! As I aim my Glock with 2 eyes open, there is no way I can do it. I felt like I was going cross eyed. LOL

on a side note, thats like aiming a eotech.....Isnt it supposed to be 2 eyes open? I dont see how I could look through a reflex sight using 2 eyes open.

I learned one eye closed, b/c that's "how it was done". Then I learned that depth perception is always better with binocular vision, & sometimes it's nice to now what is happening around your periphery, and started practicing with both eyes. Continued that way in target shooting. Got into rimfire benchrest, found that you need 1 eye in the scope on the crosshairs, and the other on the windflags, more practice. Got into practical pistol shooting-> 2-eyes, all the time, for all shooting. Shooting is a vision-driven task, why eliminate half of your information?

One eyed, but only because I'm a weird one and am naturally right handed, yet left eyed.

Needless to say, I was left with a choice to either shoot with the weaker hand or with the weaker eye. (I chose the stronger hand). Though I can shoot with my right or my left, it took a long time to break the natural habit of shooting right handed, yet instinctively lining up with my left eye.

Needless to say, if I shoot with both eyes open, I have an automatic tendency to focus with the left, which tends to result in misaligning the sights.

Closing one eye is not ideal, but personally, I'd rather hit what I'm aiming at.

depends on how precise I need to be. different circumstances between a varmint at 50yds and a bad guy at 7yds. I try to practice both ways. to me, it's the difference between aiming and pointing, if that makes sense.

+1

Makes a lot of sense to me.:s0155:

I gave up shooting with one eye a long, long time ago and would have trouble now trying to switch back, even if I thought that i could get an extra bit of accuracy in a shot. I've found that my accuracy is every bit as good with both eyes open as it ever was when I used the single-eye method. Practice makes everything possible, I guess.

Head trauma has left me with Diplopia and nystagmus :s0131: so I sometimes need to get focused back in. Used to be a both eyes only guy. That and the TBI makes me means that the BC is directly related to FPS bbl length ect.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews