JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm left eye dominant but right handed. I used to shoot rifles left handed and pistols right handed (just over corrected to use my left eye).

Now I shoot both rifles and pistols left handed. Being right handed but shooting left handed has some major perks.

It takes some time and a lot of reps but I would suggest shooting left handed if you are left eye dominant.
Same. Add to that I have 30% obstruction in my right eye due to a cataract which has started to mess with my depth perception.
Learn to shoot left handed. It's difficult at first with pistols, but you will get the hang of it.
Compared to drawing from your dominant hand and then shifting your sight picture, drawing, sighting and shooting left will become more natural with more practice.
I have both right and left handed rifles. I find that shooting RH ones left handed is the most natural and a much faster cycling of the bolt.
Except for my Remington R51, I haven't been hit with my own brass shooting any bolt or semi-auto rifle, or pistol.
All my muzzle loader rifles are RH. People think I'm nutz with my flintlock, shooting it LH.

I have three rifles I am going to experiment with
1) my Browning highwall in 6mm remington
2) a Ruger #1 in 270 winch
3) A NEF Handi Rifle in 280 remington.

These will provide me the capability to hunt deer or elk next year. I am fortunate to have a fair collection but think these will be my starting point. See where it goes from there.

Do the same thing you did when you learned to shoot right eyed, whenever that was.
Only do it now left eyed. I assume you wipe right handed, so that's a benefit.
I have been shooting almost 50 years right handed - may take some work to do it left handed.

. I assume you wipe right handed, so that's a benefit.
Couple months ago I injured my right index finger. Got pulled into a gear. Tried to wipe with my left. Just seemed wrong.So I risked dragging my extensively bandaged finger through the buttpoo. I got good at holding it at an angle so as not to soil fresh bandages.

More than you wanted to know hah.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top