JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had two. A Glock 21 and Glock 22. They shot okay, very reliable, etc. But, the trigger was just funky. I also didn't like the fact that the G21 mags were very difficult to insert when full.

After playing around with some XDs I traded out the Glocks for those. Much improved trigger and feel.

I had two. A Glock 21 and Glock 22. They shot okay, very reliable, etc. But, the trigger was just funky. I also didn't like the fact that the G21 mags were very difficult to insert when full.

After playing around with some XDs I traded out the Glocks for those. Much improved trigger and feel.

:D...thanks!

LOL my name here stands for northwest glock 19, nuff said:s0155:.
They are the AK of the pistol world. I aquired my first one through a trade back in '94, haven't been w/o one since.

Most people will never really give most other guns a real "thorough" go over because they are too embeded in their preferences, nothing wrong with that. We should all know what we want and get it. BUT, I think it does a disservice to most interested shooters to obtain any kind of advise from those types. Which is why I always suggest that interested shooters get first hand information.

Personally, I only take advise from people that have vested themselves in it before taking their opions seriously.

There are plenty of :

-well, I tried it at a gun store...
-my gunsmith told me this...
-my instructor told me this...
-I read reviews online and...

my all time favorite...

- My "friend" has one and...

It's always those darn "friends" guns that are all mucked up and they go on to envy "their" far superior pistols and see the light the day their buddy gets to shoot "their" gun. 90% of those stories are BS.

My stance:
I own 4, have owned 6. I have shot most of them in competition and have shot a ton of bullets through them. I shoot them well, and have been successful in them.

After all that, I still prefer my 1911. But for a lot different reasons. They are not all that bad of a gun for what they are meant to be, a value combat pistol that makes its name on being more reliable than most offerings. It is really hard to compare a gun apples to apples now a days, To expect one to shoot like a tightly fitted 1911 is like drag racing a 4x4 against a Corvette. Each gun is like a tool, and you use different tools to accomplish different things.

my inflated .02

I do not own a Glock, but I have borrowed one a couple of times. While I've never been a fan of Glocks, the real reason is that they are so different from what I usually shoot (1911). After a bit of use, the Glock was OK. All the little things that I didn't like - grip shape/angle, sights, balance, trigger - sort of faded in significance. I'd still probably buy a XD or M&P instead, but my appeciation of the Glock is greater than it had been for the previous twenty years.

19's fit me rather well. I like the 17's grip as well. It feels awkward at times, but it works for me, and that's what matters. I was going to buy a Glock for my first pistol, but the gentleman at the shop talked me out of it and into an XD9. After shooting the XD I sold it and for the most part swore off plastic pistols. Then I acquired a USP and eventually a 2nd gen Glock 19. 2 Glocks later, and here I am :tongueout:

I picked up 100 rounds of 9mm ammo just so I could spend some time shooting Joey's G19.

Now, I will never like Glock's nor will I ever want to own one. I keep telling myself the only way I'll own one is if I'm uniformed and don't have a choice but to carry one. That said, they point surprisingly well for me and I was impressed at how well I shot it. But I just can't get over their looks and plastic feel!

Any gun that should have most of it's internal components replaced once a year for reliability reasons doesn't fall into the category of a solid gun in my mind.

As with many others here, I'm a 1911 guy. They are gorgeous guns and I sure love shooting mine! Only thing I really want to add to my collection next is a Beretta 92.

That said, they point surprisingly well for me and I was impressed at how well I shot it. But I just can't get over their looks and plastic feel!

Any gun that should have most of it's internal components replaced once a year for reliability reasons doesn't fall into the category of a solid gun in my mind.

As with many others here, I'm a 1911 guy. They are gorgeous guns and I sure love shooting mine! Only thing I really want to add to my collection next is a Beretta 92.

seth. step to the plate and shoot a sig.

I've never heard of this. I guess I better get working on my 15+ year-old Generation-2 G19 (which has only ever failed once or twice on crummy gun-show reloads).

Based on my experiences with a G19, it'd be the one weapon I'd grab if things really went wrong. That said, I don't consider myself a Glock fan-boy and can see why some folks don't like them.

But, don't let me interrupt this Glock bashing thread - carry on! :s0114:

To get this thread back on track, I probably enjoy shooting my S&W 686 the most, with my S&W 60 a close second.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top