JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had one for a while but ended up selling it. The safety trigger irritated the heck out of the pad on my index finger, and the square butt under the slide irritated my thumb joint. The front and backstrap checkering was also too aggressive. I will say however that they disassemble nicely.

1911 gives no problems. Long live Kimber!

Yeah, I think I may have overstated that a little bit. Though, from what I've seen at the ranges and heard from people who have owned 1911's, it seems like in my experience they have more problems in general. I fully understand how difficult it is to compare a gun made by one company and the 1911, with so many manufacturers.

I was talking with Virgil Tripp on the phone the other day and within the first 10 minutes he brought up what he thinks the 1911's only real flaw is, which is the feed ramp angle. He professes that it is too steep, and this is why a lot of 1911s have feeding problems.

Virgil's magazines are specifically designed to make the first hit of the nose of the bullet as high and close to the chamber as possible, and that's why you see so many people raving about his magazines in forums. They tend to feed more reliably. Tons of people have said they use his magazines or followers in that 1911 that wouldn't feed anything and suddenly they work.

My Chip Mcormics for example will feed anything no problem, but I have had problems on some 1911s with Kimber mags. A lot of it is quality and compatibility.

Just my .02

post deleted

Am I missing something here?? EVERY post ever made is now a "post deleted"?? :huh: :confused: :s0131:

Anyone new to a particular thread is going to have a hard time following the conversation if ALL posts by a particular member are suddenly DELETED (by the member I assume).

Last Edited:
No Glock here, but mostly because I already owned a 1911 and a BHP by the time Gaston invented it. I suspect part of the reason for the polymer frame was so your hand wouldn't freeze to it over there in Austria. I stick to single-action autos with manual safeties to keep things consistent.

I don't compete, just recreate with my pistols, and carry one when hunting, so what I've got do everything I need them to. I keep toying with the idea of a .40 but every time I do, I end up just buying ammo for the ones I've already got instead. Maybe someday, after that 686+ I want...

Fools who cannot keep their fingers out of the trigger guard, plain and simple.

First off, I've read the thread.

Secondly, who would EVER want a handgun with the safety ON the trigger. Its just an accident waiting to happen. And, stuff happens. Glocks and their like have just hurt too many people inadvertently.

Throw in the semi-supporting factory chambers and the FBI/Customs kabooms in the early glocks and I'll take my SIG's, Browning varients and revolvers anyday.

YMMV.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads