JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thats funny. I came on here afraid to say I was a 1911 guy, and I cant handle the plastic gun's triggers...

At least I'm not alone and I hope I wont be stuck on an ice flow and sent out to sea ;)

You know the G19 3rd gen is great I have one I love it, I love my 45 just a bit more. the bummer is I just bought a 92fs at the portland gun show and I think Im in love.....too bad it doesnt ride SOB very easy (thing is as full size as it gets). then I remember thats why I have my glock. they are actually very accurate if you can get past the rake of the grip and learn to compensate for that. in fact most glocks can outshoot thier owners as a rule.I know I kinda like to ride the fence..

Howdy,
I'd own one if given it. But wouldn't buy one. Not from experience but just old school steel and wood. Plus don't care for the grip. Must be something to them with the quantity that they've sold. To each their own.
rhtwist

Ive owned 3 glocks, 17, 19, 21. nothing but trade fodder. no desire to ever own another one.

I have XD's in 40 and 45 that I carry and love dearly.

Nothing wrong with Glocks, but I can clearly see that most folks here have not experienced the simplicity and reliability of a good old Browning Hi-Power (my favorite, but I'm a little old school...).

:s0162: They don't fit my hand. I end up with a little gap up at the web so that the gun gets a running start at me. Even the 9mm ones hurt to shoot. I have held (but not shot) a Robar Glock, and it felt much better. I *admire* the gun, just don't care foe it. FWIW, I have and love a Series 80 LW Commander and have no issues with it even with 185gr +p.

And I have to agree about the BHP, with the no bite hammer it's a great gun!

One Glock - Two XD's - one 1911...

Prefer the Springfields - 1911 is still my favorite grip...

... of course, then I go left into Lugers, Nagants, and Nambus...

This thread has been around for a while, how has this pic not been posted?

I DO in fact own a Glock - G19 - great tool but not at all my favorite pistol. I find the grip angle funny, as others have said... Otherwise, ergonomically it fits my hand quite well.

I wouldn't hesitate to grab my Glock if I had to get down to some Jack Bauer type action, but I'm going to go for one of my Sigs first.

I think that the legendary reliability of Glocks (and all those highly publicized torture tests) has done a lot to make them as popular as they are, but IMO there are a number of handguns out there that can keep up with a Glock just fine when it comes to abuse...

Tenifer has got to be the best coating/finish on any pistol out there out of the box, however...

I've had two. 9MM and .40 S&W. The 9MM jammed every third round, the .40 mis-fired every second or third round. Don't care much for Tupperware.

I know that they are supposed to be reliable and bullet proof (no pun intended), and if that's what you like? That's great, but I will never own another one.

Sig 220
1911's
S&W Revolvers
Ruger Revolvers

I own an old,old G17 thats shiny from holster wear.Don`t know how many thousands of rounds thru it and I would bet anything it will fire every time with decent ammo.
And I hardly ever clean it.

No Glocks anymore. Had a 23, two 21s, and a 30. Of the bunch I liked the 21s best but even they were boring, cheaply made, ugly, yes, they worked pretty well but so does a cheap hammer. I much prefer my three Tanfoglio pistols in 10mm, my two 1911s in 45acp, my XD45 is a bedside table gun only and my carry gun is the newest version of the Taurus PT145Pro.

The first pistol I purchased for myself was a Glock 19. Then a 23. Then a 20. Then a 24 and 17L. Then a 33. It wasn't until the past few years that I have purchased an HK Mk23 and USP and just recently a Sig 229. HKs and Sigs are considerably more expensive than Glocks, but I put them on equal footing with each other in terms of reliability and quality. Glocks are by far simpler machines and definitely the workhorses of the industry. The really great thing about Glocks is that they are available in all the popular calibers and they are modular, making aftermarket parts a no-brainer. Get a brand new gun, in the caliber you prefer, in the frame size you like, for less than a used gun of questionable history.

I have shot quite a few pistols in the last 8 years, from tricked out 1911s to war-era Lugers and everything in between. The 1911s are smooth shooters, but I could not and just plain would not carry a single action for self defense, and .45 is not the ideal round in my mind (that would be 10mm). My experience with Ruger semi-autos is that they are clunky and junky - a brand new gun should not have parts rattling around when shaken, not to mention the fact I do not like Ruger's attitude towards "simple civilians" owning high capacity magazines.

I think you can chalk that up to the feature sets of a firearm. If the Glock was a true double action with an external hammer and could be configured with an external safety and/or decocker and the trigger guard was a little larger (for use with gloved fingers) then you would see more widespread use in various special forces, etc.

I don't see how this proves Glock to be inferior to either Sig or HK in terms of quality and workmanship. Did I miss something? You pointed towards who carries Sig, and I pointed out the Glock's lack of certain features and configurations which preclude it from consideration by the special forces.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top