JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually the Glock has been staying home in favor of my 1911 :s0001:

I really like Glock's because they work well for me, but I can understand why some would prefer others. That's the beauty of having so many different guns on the market to choose from. I like my two Sig's, but I'd rather have a Glock.

I am not a fan of the D/A only style of pistol, just could never get use to the trigger pull on these types pistols. I have tried them out on several occasions. Just recently in fact I purchased the new XDM by Springfield. Again I was not happy with the trigger on this pistol so I ended up trading it for a Kimber pro Carry II. I am a fan of all things 1911 I prefer this style of gun to all others. Sigs are fantastic guns and I have owned a P229, and a P245 over the last few years. I have never owned an H&k mostly due to the cost of them.

I do currently own a EAA Witness Match 10MM. this is a single action pistol modeled off the CZ-75 platform. This is a fantastic gun for the money and rivals my tricked out Wilson 1911 for trigger feel and accuracy. But its big and heavy definitely not a carry gun it's more of a lets load up some hot rounds and go to the range and have some fun gun.

#1 1911 commander
#2 1911 Full Size
#3 Sig 229 Elite SAO
#4 Taurus Small frame revolver

Last Edited:
Everyone I know seems to be crazy for Glocks and the Springfield's XD.
I personally don't like the look and feel of glocks. I have yet to shoot one of the XD's but at the gun store the other day, I handle a few and they just felt...weird to me. Maybe shooting one would change my opinion

Now give me a Beretta or a nice 1911 and then we're talking! :s0114:

The beauty of all these guns is there is something for everyone.

I have never owned a glock or shot a glock. I have looked at quite a few of them, but never could buy one. I have had two springfield 1911's and I love those. I have also had the XD 9 sub-compact and I like the way that shoots. The 1911 is by far the more superior firearm.

As RockKrawler pointed, and I have the same problem.......the grip angle is not natural for me. I have to break my wrist at a down angle to get the gun to point right.

Had a friend that sent his Glock .45 back to Robard (sp) for a grip reduction and angle adjustment. It was very nice, and almost thought of getting one and having the same thing done.

But prefer the 1911............every gun is a personal choice.

Last Edited:
Glocks are good for what they were designed for, a revolver replacement for police officers. I have nothing against one, and have shot enough rounds through a first gen G17 to flat wear it out. I don't own a glock anymore, but do own a few other automatics. I still prefer my revolvers though.

I prefer the 1911 style and have a built E.A. frame that I put various slides and barrel assemblies on. Also have P-35 with Walther markings that I can do almost anything with. The Glock thing just doesn't do it for me.

I do not have any pistols yet, but of the ones I've played with my favorite is the CZ-75. I've been considering buying a CZ-75 P01 in the near future, or maybe a BD. The grip is excellent and it points very naturally for me. The sights are nice and visible. I also prefer metal handguns to polymer. If I had one complaint it's that the slide is kinda small due to internal slide rails so it's a little harder than most handguns to charge. It's not that hard, but I wish there was a bit more to grip on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top