JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every time I check at the 122nd & Halsey Bi Mart They tell me the got some in and people are still lining up at the door to clean them out. Now have done a lot of business there and they know me and I have believe them. I think its a matter of people still hoarding them or buying them to resell

I went into Walmart in Bremerton yesterday. Their shelves were FULL of all types of ammo, even .223/5.56 and 7.62x39.

NO .22LR WHATSOEVER.

I don't even bother going into Cabela's or Sportco any more. No .22LR ever since Obama opened his mouth after Sandy Hook.

Sportco can't seem to stock ANYTHING, in fact.

Hey guys remember when you could go to BIMART any day any time and get a brick of .22! Man those were the days! Im not going to drive to 15 bimarts in a day just to buy my limit of ammo. If i Happen to be in a store that has ammo I will go ask if they have any .22 if not oh well I walk away. I saw a guy buying his 1 50 round box limit at a bimart and kind of laughed and said that would only last like 3 minutes its not worth buying it 50 rounds at a time and its not worth driving all over town either.

Keep right on thinking that all lead bullets are from recyclers "Its on the internet it must be True!"
Yes when companies like Sierrra have bulletins on this subject I tend to believe it. Did you notice that Doe Run one of the recyclers on the list I posted is also owned by the same DOE RUN co that is closing the out of date smelter?

Sierra Bullets of Sedalia, Missouri is the first bullet manufacturer that I know of that has addressed the question of whether the plant closure will shut down their supply of lead. The answer is a qualified no.

The main question asked is "Will this shut down your supply of lead." The answer to that is no. First, Sierra buys lead from several different vendors to maintain constant supply. Second, this facility only smelts primary lead or lead ore. This is lead ore that has just been brought out of the earth. Sierra uses no primary lead at all and never has, so we use nothing directly from this facility. The lead we buy from Doe Run comes from their recycling facility in Boss, MO that is about 90 miles away from the smelter that is closing.

The facility we buy from is still going strong and delivering to us as scheduled. The lead from this facility is from recycled lead, mostly coming from car batteries. This is a continuing "in and out" cycle for them and the smelter closing will not affect this facility.

Our supply should not be in jeopardy and we do not anticipate any changes in our supply chain at this time. Could the lack of primary lead create a little more demand for recycled lead? Sure, but how much is unknown. Could this increase in demand also create an increase in price? Sure, but again, by how much is unknown at this time.

There are many other primary lead smelters in the world and so the flow of primary lead will not be shut off. Where there is a need for primary lead, I am sure there will be a salesman more than happy to pick up the business.

some info on the Doe Run company.

Doe Run Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Walmart on 82nd had 3 bricks last week.
Nothing at Bimart for about a month.

Cabela's online with a 1 per order max. WTF?
Like I am going to pay shipping for 1 F'n box? Do you hear me Cabela's!!??

People are still trying to buy cases as soon as they come in. Stores, even limits of 100 rds per day will sell out a case in only a few days. For some stores, they make more money selling the ammo online than they do locally in the store. If people weren't willing to pay $100 or $150 for a brick of 500 rds, it wouldn't be so expensive. People line up at Walmarts still, just for .22.

If the old man has another sale posted and I do keep checking I will post the address as last time he said it was a waste but he said he would do it again after I told him if he did I would post it on a forum (here) and he would be sold out in a day. Hopefully he stays true to that as he said he is too old to shoot and by some of the .357 and .40 boxes I bought I can tell they are no longer even brands being made but they have all gone bang as he had everything in Tupperware. The holsters that he I came for was an entire table of all different styles and kinds as well. If he does it again as he said I will post the address here.

MidwayUSA had a lot of CCI Stingers for sale today. It lasted 3-4 hours, even up to 5000 quantity. About $29 shipping for 5000. Of course Stingers get about a 35% premium over Mini Mags, but 10-11 cents a round is still pre-panic pricing and not bad at all for 1640fps ammo.

So there is 22lr out there.

With Midway it is best to set yourself up for notifications and then buy with a friend or two in volume to save on shipping. For instance, shipping for a 50 round box of stingers was $11!! - but 5000 was $29.

When you pay $.26/round for 5.7, .11 a round for stingers doesn't 'sting' so bad.

CCI Stinger Ammo 22 Long Rifle 32 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point

Lead: My understanding is that there will still be a lot of lead production. When mines smelt ore all the metals come out and are phase separated into pure forms. So as long as there are silver, zinc, copper or gold etc. smelters, there will be lead being produced.

Another interesting thing to look at is the lead contamination plume maps. I wouldn't want to live downwind of one. Tacoma Smelter Plume | Toxics Cleanup Program | Washington Department of Ecology The scary part about leaving production of this stuff up to China is the all the deposition we get from atmospheric outfall. Look at the monitors on the Oregon coast that register significant concentrations of mercury where there is no local industry nor sources. We all pay for it one way or another.

People are still trying to buy cases as soon as they come in. Stores, even limits of 100 rds per day will sell out a case in only a few days. For some stores, they make more money selling the ammo online than they do locally in the store. If people weren't willing to pay $100 or $150 for a brick of 500 rds, it wouldn't be so expensive. People line up at Walmarts still, just for .22.

Who is willing to pay that? I will beat them by selling for 70 bucks....not really I would rather have my ammo than cash.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top