JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bi Mart has had a steady flow of it in the last few weeks. Mid to late afternoon, Im not going to mention what days, as it seems they are mixing them up now. But you can only get 100rds unless they happen to have bricks...

That's only 80 rounds if it's American Eagle. Those little boxes that look like 50's are only 40 rds each!

I have not seen any 22 at the Tigard Bi Mart. But then I only go on the weekend so if they got any in, it is gone already. Plenty 40, 45, 223, but no 22 or 9mm. I have plenty standard 22 to last for awhile. However I was happy to finally find some Wolf Target Match on line last month. Not cheap, but the first that I have found in over a year. Gotta feed the hot rod 10/22 and it loves the Wolf.

100 rounds of .22 is still 100 rounds.
Perhaps instead of tilling that dirt many weekend worriors should actually work on their marksmanship?

Ive been able to pick up a few boxes of .22 here and there and about 3
3000 from walmart/bi mart in the last 3 months for normal prices.. But Id trade it all for some 9mm and 7.62x39 or .308

I just reload .357/.38/9mm for around $20/1000 as I always have. .22's are ghey.

Just how do you load 1000rds for $20? Primers alone would be more powder alone would be more and even making your own lead would be, so please enlighten us, or are you just being "ghey"

I just reload .357/.38/9mm for around $20/1000 as I always have. .22's are ghey.

If you don't mind, how about sharing your cost breakdowns with us, as to your cost for 1,000 primers, 1,000 bullets, 1,000 cases, and how many loads you get per pound of powder, and the cost of that powder.

I can see no cost for the cases, range pick up, multiple loadings per case, etc. but as for the rest of the consumables, I would really like to know how you load 1,000 cartridges for $20.

If you don't mind, how about sharing your cost breakdowns with us, as to your cost for 1,000 primers, 1,000 bullets, 1,000 cases, and how many loads you get per pound of powder, and the cost of that powder.

I can see no cost for the cases, range pick up, multiple loadings per case, etc. but as for the rest of the consumables, I would really like to know how you load 1,000 cartridges for $20.

Its called Full of crap...I am no skilled reloader but I reload 9 and .380 as thats what I shoot the most and it costs me much more let alone a decent set up is the cost of a gun before primers and powder. I cannot say a exact number but 1,000 rounds would be at least 150 or much more as far as I can see... but I load up 150 or so to go shoot carefully and take my time to get good shots and learn my gun rather than waste ammo on rapid fire precious ammo these days. 1,000 at 20 bucks is a load of BS. If this was true I would be shooting every other day.

Hey guys remember when you could go to BIMART any day any time and get a brick of .22! Man those were the days! Im not going to drive to 15 bimarts in a day just to buy my limit of ammo. If i Happen to be in a store that has ammo I will go ask if they have any .22 if not oh well I walk away. I saw a guy buying his 1 50 round box limit at a bimart and kind of laughed and said that would only last like 3 minutes its not worth buying it 50 rounds at a time and its not worth driving all over town either.

Wow, just a little while ago when a friend would ask if I wanted to go shoot I would stop by bi mart and never even question that I would walk out with every kind of ammo and as much as I wanted. We talk about it like the old days but it was what? less than a year ago?

Its called Full of crap...I am no skilled reloader but I reload 9 and .380 as thats what I shoot the most and it costs me much more let alone a decent set up is the cost of a gun before primers and powder. I cannot say a exact number but 1,000 rounds would be at least 150 or much more as far as I can see... but I load up 150 or so to go shoot carefully and take my time to get good shots and learn my gun rather than waste ammo on rapid fire precious ammo these days. 1,000 at 20 bucks is a load of BS. If this was true I would be shooting every other day.

It's been a while since I loaded bulk 9mm target ammo - mid 1990's I think - but I remember figuring out my costs and back then it was $60 per 1000. This was based on zero case cost, bulk hard cast lead bullets and just enough Winchester 231 powder to cycle the action.

Stopped in at the Aloha Bi-Mart yesterday after seeing the post here that they had some .22 on the shelf. It was all gone by the time I got there :( They did have other ammo on the shelf though .223 and bulk packs of .40S&W.

It's been a while since I loaded bulk 9mm target ammo - mid 1990's I think - but I remember figuring out my costs and back then it was $60 per 1000. This was based on zero case cost, bulk hard cast lead bullets and just enough Winchester 231 powder to cycle the action.

Stopped in at the Aloha Bi-Mart yesterday after seeing the post here that they had some .22 on the shelf. It was all gone by the time I got there :( They did have other ammo on the shelf though .223 and bulk packs of .40S&W.

I would guess with your number in the 90s that my estimate in current prices is pretty close...nowhere near 20 dollars to say the least.

BTW if anyone has ever used a Lee hand held loader can you tell me if it is worth the time to use for a cheap way to load .357, 38s without having to re calibrate and but new tools for my press I would prefer to leave set at the perfect 9mm function it is in right now as I said before I am not all too skilled with reloading but have it set up for 9 and do not want to fiddle with changing that around as I shoot that more than anything anyhow.

BTW if anyone has ever used a Lee hand held loader can you tell me if it is worth the time to use for a cheap way to load .357, 38s without having to re calibrate and but new tools for my press I would prefer to leave set at the perfect 9mm function it is in right now as I said before I am not all too skilled with reloading but have it set up for 9 and do not want to fiddle with changing that around as I shoot that more than anything anyhow.

Do you mean a Lee "whack a mole," where you use a plastic mallet to drive cases into the sizing die, de-cap, re-prime, seat and crimp a bullet???

If so, yes, they work, but are slow.

And, having used them to reload .38/.357 and .41 Mag. while in a small apartment, IF you get a primer not quite lined up right, and it goes off, it makes your ears ring!

A slow way to load, but they come in a small package, are packable, and they work for small runs, or if you have a lot of free time.

Just for giggles, I just went out into the shop, and looked at some components that I bought years ago, and that still had prices on them.

Bullseye powder: $8.00 a pound.
Primers: $1.00 a hundred.
200 gr. Speer .45 ACP swaged lead bullets: $5.29 a hundred.

Using a reloading cost calculator, and also figuring no cost for cases, it comes to $68.16 per 1,000.

Still can't figure out where Certaindeaf comes up with $20 per 1,000...

BTW, I even found some primers that I bought from Walgreens for .59 per hundred... WALGREENS???

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top