JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
View attachment 306972

Not a particularly good survey though. Makes a lot of assumptions and doesn't ask questions about others leaving a lot of areas unexplored.

Some of those questions were difficult to answer without another option being presented. Reminds me of the questions on personality tests such as: "How often do you beat your wife?" and they don't give zero or never as a possible answer. I guess there's some kind of sciency stuff behind it all, but I'm not that smart...

Some of those questions were difficult to answer without another option being presented. Reminds me of the questions on personality tests such as: "How often do you beat your wife?" and they don't give zero or never as a possible answer. I guess there's some kind of sciency stuff behind it all, but I'm not that smart...

Yeah, some of them really made me think too.

2016-08-12 09_43_51.png

View attachment 306982 Well, it looks like I'm truly an Authorative Capitalistic Conservative... :eek:

It's not easy being me....

Pack a small bag.

The driver of the patty wagon that loaded me up. Said there would be other stops on the way to the reeducation camp. :D

I just wish he would explain that thick grey smoke coming from the smoke stack? o_O
No matter. The place looks warm.

Cool! I wonder what it says about our society, that someone 28 years old places near dead center? Though when I look around the society I see looks to be farther apart than ever before? I'd like to think you are the norm, rather than the "Freak", so to speak. :s0092:
whats crazy is a good buddy of mine usually votes dem(not this year)placed near the center but just left almost a mirror image of mine. hes the same age as me.

Found this cool site that uses philosophical propositions with multiple choice answers to try and gauge where you land on a 4-quadrant political compass of Left & Right and Authoritarian & Libertarian.

The Political Compass

Click on "Take the Test" on the upper left menu. You can download the result image and post here :cool:

View attachment 306941
Took it years ago, and my results were pretty close to the OP's. Mainly the things that threw me were the "sink-or-swim-on-own for museums" type questions... while I believe in the free market, I also believe there are some things worth preserving that wouldn't be if totally dependent on enthusiast support.

Military history, for example - I believe that since military museums and battlefields play such a role in the education and training of our soldiers, it would be totally appropriate for the Defense Dept. to fund and support them, hell before Fascist Douche Roosevelt and his pal Harold Ickes--yes, THAT Ickes family!--decided to grab 'em the Army ran our battlefield parks like Gettysburg... and I would venture ran 'em better. (Ickes was an "interesting" character to put it mildly... tried to land-grab the entire Philippines until MacArthur reached out and politically pimp-slapped him over it.)

Pack a small bag.

The driver of the patty wagon that loaded me up. Said there would be other stops on the way to the reeducation camp. :D

I just wish he would explain that thick grey smoke coming from the smoke stack? o_O
No matter. The place looks warm.
Shower time amigo!!!

You said patty wagon, I thought it said padded wagon...

That'd be more appropriate for me...

I think I'm the most pinko to respond so far.

View attachment 306987

That's almost exactly where I was. I was a little afraid to post it for fear of being accused of being too "LIBERAL". :eek:

Took it years ago, and my results were pretty close to the OP's. Mainly the things that threw me were the "sink-or-swim-on-own for museums" type questions... while I believe in the free market, I also believe there are some things worth preserving that wouldn't be if totally dependent on enthusiast support.

Military history, for example - I believe that since military museums and battlefields play such a role in the education and training of our soldiers, it would be totally appropriate for the Defense Dept. to fund and support them, hell before Fascist Douche Roosevelt and his pal Harold Ickes--yes, THAT Ickes family!--decided to grab 'em the Army ran our battlefield parks like Gettysburg... and I would venture ran 'em better. (Ickes was an "interesting" character to put it mildly... tried to land-grab the entire Philippines until MacArthur reached out and politically pimp-slapped him over it.)

I said NO on the question, mainly because of a $35.00 tax in Multco. that was supposed to be, as I understood, for art supplies and crafts in schools. It turned out going to The Repertory Dance Theater, art museums, fly-by-night outfits teaching "Arts" to you children "Art Camps", and a bunch of other crap BESIDES getting crayons, coloring books and finger paints to the kids in elementary school so the teachers didn't have to spend there money on those things.

A loaded test to be sure, I see if you take a position of Strongly in ether side, it segues you towards the outer edges of the grids! Interesting point etrain16 that there is no 5th option or no opinion in the questions.

Regardless of what any test says, my main belief is that I want to be left alone. I don't want to be taxed to death, but I understand that some taxes are necessary. I don't want to see regulations and laws for every single damn thing that someone doesn't like - if you don't like it, don't do it, don't buy it or don't frickin' look at it. If I want to own 1 gun or a thousand guns, that's my right, leave me the hell alone - and I'll leave you alone. Want to kiss another guy, go ahead, just don't try to kiss me, and I'd prefer you keep your fornicating in private where it belongs for everyone. If I want to be religious, fine, let me be and I'll let you be what you want - atheist, agnostic, Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish, whatever.

I want minimum government. Minimum laws. Minimum taxes. Minimum interference in my life. I don't want to be forced to pay for services or other things I don't agree with - I want the option to support what I like and the option to not support those I don't like.

Seems to me that most people would agree with these positions, but I'll be darned if many want to push their particular views, etc. on others and get pissed when people don't agree with them.

You know this is totally flawed, look at the caricatures, Hitlery is to the right of most, when clearly she should be above and to the left of both Mao and Stalin.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads