JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Usually when I "want to buy" something I just go buy it... I imagine most other people do the same?
I know I can't be close to being the only one who now days tends to just order anything I am after. "Savings" of looking for almost anything I want used instead of just ordering new just does not interest me since don't have time to run all over hell's half and such. Now when it comes to guns? That is the one thing I all my life LOVED buying used. NIB never meant anything to me since any gun I bought NIB was only that way long enough for me to get to a range. The problem is now the transfer is a PITA few people want to deal with. Everything here now is a wait no matter what. Last gun I decided to buy is a great example. Paid for it last week. I probably will not actually have it in hand to go try out for a couple weeks yet. Trying to do this with a private sale is just not worth it to me unless someone was selling what I wanted at a huge discount which few want to do of course. Meanwhile if I was a criminal no doubt I could have just gone and bought the gun I am waiting for so all these laws are aimed at who exactly? 🤬

I am not seeing that great of deals. A used item that costs 80% of a new item to me is not a good deal. A gun that has been shot by the owner wether it is one magazine or a thousand rounds is not new in my opinion.

You gotta discount the item by 30%-50%. And custom add ons/etc. don't mean anything.

Buyers remorse is a b!tch.

I've tried selling a few items heavily discounted and they still don't move so I just kept them in the safe. People simply are strapped for cash and don't want to deal with the second hand market. It's not worth the time/gas/flakers/transfers/etc.

You gotta discount the item by 30%-50%. And custom add ons/etc. don't mean anything.

Buyers remorse is a b!tch.

I've tried selling a few items heavily discounted and they still don't move so I just kept them in the safe. People simply are strapped for cash and don't want to deal with the second hand market. It's not worth the time/gas/flakers/transfers/etc.
Sadly this is how it is now. I have several guns I would love to get rid of but, not bad enough to take the hit on them. Now most of what I want to get rid of I can't even sell in this state for any price which means it would have to go to another state. I would be lucky to get 50% of what I have in them. So not being in a bind for cash the guns will be with me till I am underground or the laws change. Whichever comes first. The way its going I suspect my offspring will be getting the guns to deal with. :(

I am not seeing that great of deals. A used item that costs 80% of a new item to me is not a good deal. A gun that has been shot by the owner wether it is one magazine or a thousand rounds is not new in my opinion.
That was why the used market was so damn nice both ways till they screwed it all up.🤬
I never minded used as it was going to be used as soon as I got my hands on it. Many I bought new I could still get most of my cash back because someone could save the tax bite buying from me . I would play with one, see something else I wanted and sell one to buy another. So everyone was happy. Now? By the time you deal with the hassle and expense it really ruined it. :(

I have been fortunate and have been buying firearms and accessories lately. Most off from gun broker. I watch gun broker and this site religously. There are very few guns I will pay full price on. My Ruger #1 in 9.3X74R was an exception, I had been outbid for several hundred more than I paid for it so when I saw a buy it now price it was mine. My long winded point is that guns are selling but your not going to get full price out of them. There are enough guns out there that buyers can be choosey and are. A perfect example is that rarely will I even look at some pistols unless they have half a dozen mags or I know where I can get a bunch for a decent price. I also look at the optics on a rifle - if its a bushnell scopeview or a tasco silver antler it doesnt interest me as much as the same rifle with a leupold on it. I am getting a lot pickier and hence the dollars dont flow as readily as they used to.

The way its going I suspect my offspring will be getting the guns to deal with. :(
Had a coworker who's mom passed away. While clearing her things he found multiple small revolvers. Instead of selling to recover some cash he turned it into the police to see it destroyed. He's pro gun control and very liberal. Funny thing is, he served in the USMC.

Point is, if your children doesn't share the same view as you, your firearms are as good as scrap metal.

If my family were to scrap my collection they would be screwing themselves so though I maybe rolling over in my grave I would still have the last laugh at thier stupidity. Not to mention that when I caught up with them on the otherside they would think they had gone to H3ll.

Had a coworker who's mom passed away. While clearing her things he found multiple small revolvers. Instead of selling to recover some cash he turned it into the police to see it destroyed. He's pro gun control and very liberal. Funny thing is, he served in the USMC.

Point is, if your children doesn't share the same view as you, your firearms are as good as scrap metal.
None of my kids are "much into" guns but, they will sure as hell not throw them away like that. Suspect what would happen if Wife and I went today is the kids would maybe keep one if that. The rest they would take to some dealer and take what they were offered. Which would of course be a hell of a lot less than what they are worth sadly. Sucks but it is what it is for now. One kid lives in a state that is still free and its tempting to move there. Problem is of course by the time we are both ready to quit our jobs that state (ID) may well be just as bad off as we are here now. If they hold the line there and we move there? Now that would be a crap ton of fun. Being able to get rid of some and buy some I wanted instead. I would certainly end up with fewer total guns by the time it was over.

If my family were to scrap my collection they would be screwing themselves so though I maybe rolling over in my grave I would still have the last laugh at thier stupidity. Not to mention that when I caught up with them on the otherside they would think they had gone to H3ll.
I have warned my Wife a few times that if I kick off to take the insurance money and get rid of me the cheapest way possible. Tell her that is she uses that money for some fancy funeral like so many I see I will come back and haunt her. :s0140:
If our kids basically toss the guns hell I had my fun with them. It would be their loss.

I have a great friend who use to be a gun smith and has a nice collection. He is in his mid to late 80's. He has no family to pass his collection to and is having physical problems. I am slotted to inherit his collection, someday. I have nothing but repect for my friend and to me it will truely be a sad day when he hangs it up. I wish I had known him when he was younger. We might not have gotten along as well, who knows. I someday will be in his predicament as to where my guns will go. I have no offspring and my wife considers the liquidation of my collection as another chore. Kind of depressing to think about.

Usually when I "want to buy" something I just go buy it... I imagine most other people do the same?
WTB is great for locating hard to find items or things that may be out of stock/overpriced elsewhere.

Case in point:

Just last week I was in search of a factory Howa Mini action stock, as my only options for the barreled action I recently ordered were aftermarket stocks in the $200+ category, or a new factory stock for almost $100 (which was also out of stock everywhere online).

Decided to wait a bit and post a WTB for a used factory stock, and in less than 3 days I already had a couple great members here offering up exactly what I needed; ended up with a great condition stock for 20$

That was why the used market was so damn nice both ways till they screwed it all up.🤬
I never minded used as it was going to be used as soon as I got my hands on it. Many I bought new I could still get most of my cash back because someone could save the tax bite buying from me . I would play with one, see something else I wanted and sell one to buy another. So everyone was happy. Now? By the time you deal with the hassle and expense it really ruined it. :(
It's not all "their" fault. Yes the legislation has made it more difficult to sell/buy firearms privately but we can't avoid the fact that members/owners are asking way too much for what they got and many times are a pain to talk/deal with.

People think/act like they have gold when in reality it's just another standard/plain/boring rock. Just cause you went to the arts and crafts store and painted it shiny colors doesn't mean it's worth what gold is.

It's not all "their" fault. Yes the legislation has made it more difficult to sell/buy firearms privately but we can't avoid the fact that members/owners are asking way too much for what they got and many times are a pain to talk/deal with.

People think/act like they have gold when in reality it's just another standard/plain/boring rock. Just cause you went to the arts and crafts store and painted it shiny colors doesn't mean it's worth what gold is.
Now that part I used to see a LOT back in the days before the net. People would buy something like a 10/22 and put more money into it than it would take to buy 3 of them. They would end up with one hell of a nice rifle but, trying to sell it for what they had in it was VERY hard to do. By the time you do that it becomes a market that's quite small. It was why I finally quit the shows LONG before they cut off private sales. Pay to get in the door and always seemed all I ever saw was grossly over priced guns and lots of junk from a flea market. Last one I set foot in was during Clinton. Bought a P89 just to have one double stack 9 since I was not into them. Guy gave me two new in wrapper M-9 mags he left the service with. So I paid my $5 first table I found with some pre ban 89 mags I showed him the M9 and said "swap?". He jumped on it. I looked around and left never to return to another show. I am kind of surprised they are still happening now at all. Have to guess it must be mostly dealers making deals with people who will return to their shop to complete the sale for guns.

Now that part I used to see a LOT back in the days before the net. People would buy something like a 10/22 and put more money into it than it would take to buy 3 of them. They would end up with one hell of a nice rifle but, trying to sell it for what they had in it was VERY hard to do. By the time you do that it becomes a market that's quite small. It was why I finally quit the shows LONG before they cut off private sales. Pay to get in the door and always seemed all I ever saw was grossly over priced guns and lots of junk from a flea market. Last one I set foot in was during Clinton. Bought a P89 just to have one double stack 9 since I was not into them. Guy gave me two new in wrapper M-9 mags he left the service with. So I paid my $5 first table I found with some pre ban 89 mags I showed him the M9 and said "swap?". He jumped on it. I looked around and left never to return to another show. I am kind of surprised they are still happening now at all. Have to guess it must be mostly dealers making deals with people who will return to their shop to complete the sale for guns.
You don't have to go to a show. Just click on the classified section.

I just bought a brand new Italian-made Beretta 92FS that I'm having buyers remorse on. Years ago, way back in the mid-2000s, I shot a rental at an indoor range and absolutely loved it. Ever since then I wanted one, so late last year I bought $390 worth of new standard-capacity mags for it (12 or 14 mags total, not sure at the moment...), got my bills paid in September, and paid $618 for a "California" model with two 10-round mags because I couldn't find an Italian one in stock with 15 round mags. But that's fine because again: I had a ton of new mags for it in 15, 17, and 18 rounds respectively.

But.....then I got it, and I just wasn't feeling the love. For the first couple of weeks I would handle it, and it just didn't "feel" right to me. I'm just not sure what it was, but it doesn't do it for me. Only the second gun I've ever bought that I regret buying.

I haven't shot it yet, and I'm probably not going to, until I decide what I'm going to do. I've thought about selling it for $500, but I doubt it would sell even at that price.

And as I've been told before, "nobody wants your accessories", so I likely couldn't sell the magazines with it either. Because apparently, magazines with semi-auto pistols are unnecessary accessories or something :rolleyes:. Or people just really like having 10-round mags with a giant Beretta 92 FS 🤣.

Local pawn shop quoted me $565 for everything, including the mags. That stings. I know I could get more for everything, if I sold the gun and mags separately, but they would sit on the classifieds for months, or even a year or more.

Sigh. All that money, wasted. I suppose it's not the end of the world, but I wish I had put it towards something else, like a new 1911.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top