JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you wanna hide from thermal imaging, do what the Mujaheddin did and "wear" a space blanket. You can get padded ones in OD on Amazon for pretty cheap.
What about my hands, feet, lower legs, face, etc.? Should I wear it all the time? If not how will I know that Insitu drone with the hush kit is loitering 6000ft above before it's too late?

Your question merits a decent response...the link below covers a bit on thermal shielded clothing, avoiding recognition software and cell phone triangulation defense.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...othing-makes-you-invisible-to-drones_01112013

Note that most clothes that offer some type of thermal (i.e. fire) protection will slightly shield you from thermal imaging. If you are on a budget, I would suggest applying fire retardant for fabric on your clothes and utilizing the aforementioned "space blanket"as a tarp, not as a clothing layer. These mylar/aluminized plastic blankets reflect heat inward, as well as outward. So although what may be covered by the blanket is shielded, anything not covered (hands, feet, head) will actually give off a higher thermal signature because you are increasing your overall body temperature and only allowing those areas not covered by the blanket for the heat to escape out of.

Hope this helps...don't mind the trolls.
Just hide in behind a glass window or door since TI cannot see thru glass.

You might be surprised at how much you can do with those things. As for detecting the drones, I have no idea. I have heard that somehow you can detect them using HAM gear, but don't know the specifics. The main purpose of the space blankets would be more for use in a situation where we are having to resist some kind of force that is flying around in helicopters with thermal imaging.

You might be surprised at how much you can do with those things. As for detecting the drones, I have no idea. I have heard that somehow you can detect them using HAM gear, but don't know the specifics. The main purpose of the space blankets would be more for use in a situation where we are having to resist some kind of force that is flying around in helicopters with thermal imaging.
In th past someone mentioned spray gluing the mylar emergency blankets inside a poncho and using it as cover. One would need to completely line it, then use it like a shield.

Our bodies constantly absorb and emit energy. Using a reflective material no matter how thin forces that energy to reflect back or at a different angle. Heat will eventually radiate out of the cover and will show some sort of heat signature that anyone above with a brain could sort out.

Columbia Sportswear uses this principal in some of their jackets with the reflective liner.

I don't think there is a practical way to eliminate heat sigs. Your body is a heat generator, your feet leave heat sigs on the ground, your hands leave sigs on what they have touched. Thermo dynamics is a PITA:cool:

This should explain heat signatures of human bodies and body parts and the technological ability to ID at great distances.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top