JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
60175610-A403-4363-AA30-7FC41E7199E9.jpeg

If drinking and ordering stuff I don't need qualifies as an impulse buy then my latest is a Criterion Core 13.9 barrel and 13" Triarc wedgelock rail. Haven't been delivered yet but pic is generally what the upper will look like.

I am not sure this qualifies as impulsive as I have been thinking about it for awhile now. The threat of not being able to buy or sell standard cap mags in WA was the "impulse" I needed to light a fire under me.
Backstory, I am a big fan of the 7.62x39 cartridge but I never really have found the right deal on a AK/AKM platform to deliver the round. I have built several AR's in 7.62x39 and have had very good luck after a short learning curve. I still plan on getting an AK and would like to standardize on one mag for both AK and the AR platform in 7.62x39. Moving in that direction, I just built a 16" PSA KS47 based AR using quality parts. If it runs as good as it looks I will be getting out of the current CPD mags and swap over to KS47 builds and AK mags exclusively.

Edit to add pic

ED0E20FF-FD72-4E49-9CB8-542B4B00D0B5.jpeg
I tried to choose components to keep it a bit lighter and she comes in right at 7# without optic. If she runs out ok, future plans call for shortening the barrel a couple inches and pin and welding the muzzle device. It will also eventually get an acss red dot and a 3x magnifier rather than the lpvo pictured.

Last Edited:
I am not sure this qualifies as impulsive as I have been thinking about it for awhile now. The threat of not being able to buy or sell standard cap mags in WA was the "impulse" I needed to light a fire under me.
Backstory, I am a big fan of the 7.62x39 cartridge but I never really have found the right deal on a AK/AKM platform to deliver the round. I have built several AR's in 7.62x39 and have had very good luck after a short learning curve. I still plan on getting an AK and would like to standardize on one mag for both AK and the AR platform in 7.62x39. Moving in that direction, I just built a 16" PSA KS47 based AR using quality parts. If it runs as good as it looks I will be getting out of the current CPD mags and swap over to KS47 builds and AK mags exclusively. Pics forthcoming.

Backstory, I am a big fan of the 7.62x39 cartridge but I never really have found the right deal on a AK/AKM platform to deliver the round. I have built several AR's in 7.62x39 and have had very good luck after a short learning curve. I still plan on getting an AK and would like to standardize on one mag for both AK and the AR platform in 7.62x39. Moving in that direction, I just built a 16" PSA KS47 based AR using quality parts. If it runs as good as it looks I will be getting out of the current CPD mags and swap over to KS47 builds and AK mags exclusively. Pics forthcoming.
I have a few traditional ak pattern rifles and pistols. I keep waiting and hoping for a light, no frills bolt gun in x39 that runs on proper ak mags. I have almost bought the CZ mini-mauser type rifles more than once, but always refrain just because I hate chasing mags. Ruger American / ranch is a non starter too.

I have a few traditional ak pattern rifles and pistols. I keep waiting and hoping for a light, no frills bolt gun in x39 that runs on proper ak mags. I have almost bought the CZ mini-mauser type rifles more than once, but always refrain just because I hate chasing mags. Ruger American / ranch is a non starter too.
Let me know if you find one as I would be totally onboard with that as well.

Hmmm. Impulse buy you say. Didn't say fire arm LOL. I recently bought a new 2021 Toyota 4Runner Nightshade Limited with all the bells and whistles. ;) An impulse for me after driving my last Yota for 14 years.

I kind of went all out on a light for the AK47. I need to stay off the internet for a moth or two.....

Modlite OKW with a very cool integrated offset mount/switch to make it really compact.
I have way too much into this gin, but it sure is a sweet shooter.

PXL_20220520_024144559.jpg PXL_20220520_024153254.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads