JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
60175610-A403-4363-AA30-7FC41E7199E9.jpeg

If drinking and ordering stuff I don't need qualifies as an impulse buy then my latest is a Criterion Core 13.9 barrel and 13" Triarc wedgelock rail. Haven't been delivered yet but pic is generally what the upper will look like.

I am not sure this qualifies as impulsive as I have been thinking about it for awhile now. The threat of not being able to buy or sell standard cap mags in WA was the "impulse" I needed to light a fire under me.
Backstory, I am a big fan of the 7.62x39 cartridge but I never really have found the right deal on a AK/AKM platform to deliver the round. I have built several AR's in 7.62x39 and have had very good luck after a short learning curve. I still plan on getting an AK and would like to standardize on one mag for both AK and the AR platform in 7.62x39. Moving in that direction, I just built a 16" PSA KS47 based AR using quality parts. If it runs as good as it looks I will be getting out of the current CPD mags and swap over to KS47 builds and AK mags exclusively.

Edit to add pic

ED0E20FF-FD72-4E49-9CB8-542B4B00D0B5.jpeg
I tried to choose components to keep it a bit lighter and she comes in right at 7# without optic. If she runs out ok, future plans call for shortening the barrel a couple inches and pin and welding the muzzle device. It will also eventually get an acss red dot and a 3x magnifier rather than the lpvo pictured.

Last Edited:
I am not sure this qualifies as impulsive as I have been thinking about it for awhile now. The threat of not being able to buy or sell standard cap mags in WA was the "impulse" I needed to light a fire under me.
Backstory, I am a big fan of the 7.62x39 cartridge but I never really have found the right deal on a AK/AKM platform to deliver the round. I have built several AR's in 7.62x39 and have had very good luck after a short learning curve. I still plan on getting an AK and would like to standardize on one mag for both AK and the AR platform in 7.62x39. Moving in that direction, I just built a 16" PSA KS47 based AR using quality parts. If it runs as good as it looks I will be getting out of the current CPD mags and swap over to KS47 builds and AK mags exclusively. Pics forthcoming.

Backstory, I am a big fan of the 7.62x39 cartridge but I never really have found the right deal on a AK/AKM platform to deliver the round. I have built several AR's in 7.62x39 and have had very good luck after a short learning curve. I still plan on getting an AK and would like to standardize on one mag for both AK and the AR platform in 7.62x39. Moving in that direction, I just built a 16" PSA KS47 based AR using quality parts. If it runs as good as it looks I will be getting out of the current CPD mags and swap over to KS47 builds and AK mags exclusively. Pics forthcoming.
I have a few traditional ak pattern rifles and pistols. I keep waiting and hoping for a light, no frills bolt gun in x39 that runs on proper ak mags. I have almost bought the CZ mini-mauser type rifles more than once, but always refrain just because I hate chasing mags. Ruger American / ranch is a non starter too.

I have a few traditional ak pattern rifles and pistols. I keep waiting and hoping for a light, no frills bolt gun in x39 that runs on proper ak mags. I have almost bought the CZ mini-mauser type rifles more than once, but always refrain just because I hate chasing mags. Ruger American / ranch is a non starter too.
Let me know if you find one as I would be totally onboard with that as well.

Hmmm. Impulse buy you say. Didn't say fire arm LOL. I recently bought a new 2021 Toyota 4Runner Nightshade Limited with all the bells and whistles. ;) An impulse for me after driving my last Yota for 14 years.

I kind of went all out on a light for the AK47. I need to stay off the internet for a moth or two.....

Modlite OKW with a very cool integrated offset mount/switch to make it really compact.
I have way too much into this gin, but it sure is a sweet shooter.

PXL_20220520_024144559.jpg PXL_20220520_024153254.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads