JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Impulsive and expensive…. My next fillup should run me right around $130-$140…. That's absolutely insane, Brandon says it's the price we pay for the new green deal, I say it's time to impeach the senile ole coot…
Just impeach? He needs to be put in a home somewhere so he can't do any more damage.

More of a semi-impulse buy (or a fully semi-impulse buy?). I've known about CETME-L's for a while and thought one would be kinda cool to own but not at the price they usually go for. I was looking for something else entirely and happened to see one selling new for $1025 (around 200 less than the usual going rate) so I figured I'd jump on the opportunity.

View attachment 1202195
If you don't mind me asking, how do you like the CETME? It has been backburner for a while, but I am tempted to add one to the line up. Thanks.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you like the CETME? It has been backburner for a while, but I am tempted to add one to the line up. Thanks.
I do very much like the gun. I should add the qualifiers that I only have a couple hundred rounds through it so far, that I'm not a reloader, and that to me this rifle is more of a collectible that's fun to shoot, rather than a hunting or home defense weapon.

So in short: cool, reliable, collectible and well-made, but if practicality is your number 1 concern it's outclassed by AR's and AK's.

Pros:

Very high quality build, excellent fit and finish.

Very mild shooting in terms of recoil.

Very reliable. Manual recommends a break in period with 62gr NATO spec ammo but states after that it should run fine on commercial .223. Mine has run 100% right out of the box with everything ranging from steel-cased .223 up to M855 and all sorts things in between, and with a variety of (STANAG) mags.

Cool factor is pretty high just because it's something other than an AR or AK.

Will probably go up in value once parts kits run out and no more are made.

Cons:

It's a little heavy for its class, something in the neighborhood of 8.5 pounds. Not a big problem if mainly a range gun.

Ergonomics are a little odd (particularly the safety and bolt hold open mechanism).

Obnoxious to reassemble (mainly the safety selector).

Beats up brass due to violent ejection and fluted chamber. Would be a problem if you're a reloader (I am not).

Most polymer mags don't work.

Wouldn't call it an impulse buy.. been wanting to do it for a while. Let's see how long this takes! 🇺🇸🇺🇸😎😎

C1B77EDE-5D26-4371-A4F0-1C636314B3D3.jpeg

I just received box of my latest impulse buy....a small clutch of 18650 flashlight batteries. The old dogs were going on 8 years/many charge cycles. Most were still working 'almost well enough'.

My latest impulse buy...
Been wanting one for eons to help me load generators and lawnmowers and other heavy stuff into my pickup. The impulse I needed was 20% off!:s0132:

InkedScreenshot 2022-05-27 at 21-37-30 1000 lb. Capacity Hydraulic Table Cart_LI.jpg

I am not sure this qualifies as impulsive as I have been thinking about it for awhile now. The threat of not being able to buy or sell standard cap mags in WA was the "impulse" I needed to light a fire under me.
Backstory, I am a big fan of the 7.62x39 cartridge but I never really have found the right deal on a AK/AKM platform to deliver the round. I have built several AR's in 7.62x39 and have had very good luck after a short learning curve. I still plan on getting an AK and would like to standardize on one mag for both AK and the AR platform in 7.62x39. Moving in that direction, I just built a 16" PSA KS47 based AR using quality parts. If it runs as good as it looks I will be getting out of the current CPD mags and swap over to KS47 builds and AK mags exclusively.

Edit to add pic

View attachment 1202743
I tried to choose components to keep it a bit lighter and she comes in right at 7# without optic. If she runs out ok, future plans call for shortening the barrel a couple inches and pin and welding the muzzle device. It will also eventually get an acss red dot and a 3x magnifier rather than the lpvo pictured.
Love the platform. Only flaw is the relatively thin bolt face, but PSA warranty is great. Most accurate 7.62 I've shot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top