JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Henry ModX… planned purchase….just .02 cents.
First shots today… AMMO INC. 240grn .44 mag. Making brass and seasoning barrel.
New to lever action and cut my thumb knuckle on bottom edge of open bolt…. Geeze it's sharp.

I think these are pretty awesome….not sure what to do with it…. Leave irons, my first LPVO, RedDot, probably not a laser… they haven't really touched my goat… let alone "Get it"

I do like the idea of "plug n play" 100yrds every once and awhile. But like the 50-75 just fine.

Anyway folks at range say it's on the lite side of a lot of lever rifles…… I guess they get heavy but I wouldn't know… very new to me.
Fantastic that this thing holds 8+1…. Is my mag tube already broken… I don't know why they have a cartridge cut out on bottom for loading in tube because my whole mag follower slides right out… like out of the tube?

I can see myself having plenty of fun with this guy…!!

View attachment 1750466
For sights, consider peep.

.32 9mm Mac or 380?
Makarov, I have enough of it to last a lifetime. And I shoot a bunch of it out of my PM63 RAK SBR so they'll make a fun range pair.

It's clearly a PP clone and was a LOT cheaper than even the most common PP (hehe).

lf.jpeg PM63.jpg

Sarsilmaz ST45 for $225.

Double stack (12-round OEM mags) 45 ACP, striker fired, adjustable sights, fully ambidextrous.

Found it at a pawn shop. Obvious that it was hardly used - finish was pristine, no internal slide wear or barrel wear. Original case, back straps, etc.

Took it to the range last week. Nice shooter: accurate, felt-recoil was minimal, fun (I like shooting 45 ACP).

Just have to get used to the paddle mag release. Found that it works best for me using my trigger finger to actuate the paddle.

Leftside-Slidelock.jpeg

At first I thought they were kind of a gimmick, but when I looked at the lightweight, handy size and compared to the weight of a decent bullpup shotgun (which weighed about twice as much), I felt they were a good home defense and truck shotgun.
I had a buddy who had an NFA version years ago. It was fun as all hell to play with and he built it as an "around the home" gun. When these hit and it looked like the feds were not going to yank the rug out I started thinking about them a lot. The recent thing that has us sitting on another powder keg here was what made me say screw it, I'm buying one. As soon as I did looks like several others did as no one local had one. Now that I have played with the less lethal options too this thing shines for that. Can carry it on a sling with less than, and if needed can either slap in lethal or drop it and go for something else. The less lethal stuff was a lot more quiet than I expected too and of course has almost no recoil.

Henry ModX… planned purchase….just .02 cents.
First shots today… AMMO INC. 240grn .44 mag. Making brass and seasoning barrel.
New to lever action and cut my thumb knuckle on bottom edge of open bolt…. Geeze it's sharp.

I think these are pretty awesome….not sure what to do with it…. Leave irons, my first LPVO, RedDot, probably not a laser… they haven't really touched my goat… let alone "Get it"

I do like the idea of "plug n play" 100yrds every once and awhile. But like the 50-75 just fine.

Anyway folks at range say it's on the lite side of a lot of lever rifles…… I guess they get heavy but I wouldn't know… very new to me.
Fantastic that this thing holds 8+1…. Is my mag tube already broken… I don't know why they have a cartridge cut out on bottom for loading in tube because my whole mag follower slides right out… like out of the tube?

I can see myself having plenty of fun with this guy…!!

View attachment 1750466
NICE! As they keep attacking the semi's I can see stuff like this becoming more popular. If I am still around when they take the semi's away stuff like this would be my go to.

Henry ModX…

View attachment 1750466
The cut out is there because that's about all the tube will hold when the follower is installed and is where you can load the tube without having to completely remove the follower. 22 rifles have been like this for a very long time. Henry went that way before they decided to make a side loading gate on their rifles.

Makarov, I have enough of it to last a lifetime. And I shoot a bunch of it out of my PM63 RAK SBR so they'll make a fun range pair.

It's clearly a PP clone and was a LOT cheaper than even the most common PP (hehe).

View attachment 1750524 View attachment 1750525
Looks just like another PP clone I got years ago, and still have.
A pre-lock Bersa in 380. Got it in a trade with no magazine.
Cleaned it up, removed the magazine safety, and brought a few new magazines for it.
The HK gun snob at work says Bersa is in the same category as HiPoint, but this Bersa runs great, and has no cast zinc or cheap plastic (except for the grips). It shoots reliably, and to point-of-aim.

20231102_154027.jpg

Beretta 96 / 40sw
Taurus Revolver 7 shot 357Mag Ported Stainless 6"
Cimmeron nickel 1911 / 45acp
TriStar 1911 Stainless 9mm
Ruger Mannicher 22lr no photo
Rossi lever rifle 44mag
Rossi lever rifle 357mag no photo looks like the 44mag but not a tribute gun

output_image1698519399245.jpeg IMG_9337.jpeg IMG_9126.jpeg IMG_9051.jpeg IMG_9068.jpeg IMG_9070.jpeg IMG_9067.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top