JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Main Event
Downtown Vancouver

There's one on the east side of town but downtown is closer to me.

Nice sports bar with a restaurant portion in the same room so it seems nice and roomy.

The food is way above Bar food, I don't drink or watch sports but I do like food lol.

They have a ton of stuff on tap if your a beer drinker and a fully stocked bar with a few fruffy drinks on the menu my wife likes.

Reasonable prices and we always have had great service.:)

BJ's BrewHouse
Cornell & Cornelius Pass Road Hillsboro

It's a reasonably good place, I can feed the brood (4 of us) with drinks for right around 100.00

The food is a good value for the price, beers suit my tastes, the youngest loves the mozzarella sticks, wife loves the baked potato skins and the buffalo burgers... Oldest likes the fish tacos... And I enjoy the HopStorm IPA or Jeremiah Red red ale... With fish & chips, or a nice steak or burger or wings...

Plus the service is good, and personable... Carlos is a great server!

Lonestar BBQ Restaurant and Catering
Dayton, Oregon

Great food and good prices. THEE ABSOLUTE BEST French fries ever! They blanch them in cold water and then finish frying them.

5 Guys
Why you ask?

They have the best burgers, fries and shakes a man could ask for. Oh, whats that have some free peanuts while I wait for my food?! Dont mind if I do, sir!

They yell out the orders, they play older music and are usually near busy areas so I can get my creepy people watchin on while I wait for my food. :p

But swrioisly, as a burger guy.. THEY have exactly what Ive come to personally prefer in a burger joint.

In-N-Out you say? Bah.. Those weak fries represent the even more sloppy hooker burger they peddle as "wild". To which I say NAY. :cool:

my driveway where i drink beer and grill steak on my traeger.

i like pelican brewery in pacific city.

Deschutes brewery
Widmer brewery

i really like adams ribs in salem. both locations.

i like to take my wife to la hacienda in keizer.

Depends. What are you in the mood for?

All PDX - west side

Mexican - I second Lupe's. I was just there on Thursday.
American: BJs - not bad, the wife likes it and you can get a beer.

Beer - Orenco Tap House
Bar: APV - Beer and food - the wife and I like it better than BJs -
Bar: Helvetia_T@vern - bring cash. This ain't Burger King, you don't get it your way. I was just there on Friday.
Steak: Oswego Grill $35
Steak: Urban Farmer $75 (downtown)
Meat: Brazil Grill. (downtown) Don't be a rookie, the salads are for suckers.
Italian: Nonna Emilias
Burgers: Annies
Chinese: China Town (includes Dim Sum)
Chinese: Taste of Sichuan
Burritos: Don Chillitos
Breakfast: Biscuts
Breakfast: Black Bear
Breakfast: Tom's Pancakes
Viet Namese: Bambuza
German: Otto and Anita's Pickle Soup. Yum.

Tualitin / Shewood ways -
Roses - Sherwood. I usually stop there after at a day at Tri-County.
Dicky Joes - I have been there once, it was good (and Cabellas is near by)
Claim Jumper - it is a chain steak house ...

Sayler's - on the east side, of course I am mad at them for pulling out of Beaverton. Porterhouse.

Theres some new Banh Mi place near 185th & Walker - I think I went to the same place just off the 205 and it was good. Look for the French Flag colors.

There is a nice burger shack in Milwaukie, I met a guy there to buy his pistol once. Roakes?

Why is there no good steak house in Hillsboro?

I am not a fan of Indian.

For Thai I liked Thai Orchid, but the one in Hillsboro closed.

Veggie ... um, right, um, never had an urge for a Vegetarian place.

I hear there is a chicken sandwich place just opened 185th & 26 -- the line has been there since last week!

I left off BBQ - 'cause ... it is hard to find good consistent BBQ. My favorite is the Ranch House - but Olympia is a bit far for lunch. There are a couple around town ie: Slabtown.

Fish - I usually goto McGraths or McCormicks but typically once per year.

Special occasions - Red Tail Golf: Stock Pot

I miss Friar Tucks. I haven't been there in like 20 years.

Good thing I am not hungry.

Andina http://www.andinarestaurant.com
Portland ~ Pearl District

A nice place to eat things that I don't make at home. Prices are reasonable and the service is above average.

Favorite dish at Andina ~ CORDERITO DE LOS ANDES*
a succulent double rack of grass-fed lamb, grilled to order, and served with a Peruvian potato-two cheese timbale with a roasted pepper demi-glace
Two thumbs up for Andina. It's great Peruvian fusion. Delores the owner is great lady from Lima Peru...

My wife, as a Peruvian native, confirms the authenticity of their dishes... Great food, reasonable prices and great atmosphere...

Well, I don't know that I have a true favorite, but I do like:

Lil Cooperstown
Willamette

Tacho's
Oregon City

Gustav's
Clackamas

Ohana
Milwaukie

Village Bar and Grill
Sunriver

I like a variety of things, but I'm always on the lookout for the perfect French Dip sandwich. I appreciate a good burger too, but usually I'm disappointed - a lot of bad burgers out there - I mostly prefer to make my own.

And Loco Moco at Ohana - not quite as good as what I had in Hawaii, but a darn fine 2nd place.

And for the once a year or so trip near Sunriver - my daughter proclaims their fries the best - and they do a darn fine French dip too.

On Rice
Bellingham Wa.
Excellent Thai food . I like the basil fried rice with scallops.

Blue Mountain Grill
Acme Wa.
Outstanding fish and chips. Plus excellent beers on tap.

Three Flavors
Nooksack Wa.
A small family run place , serves Asian , Italian and Mexican dishes.
Plus excellent burgers and breakfast.

Those are my three favorites.
Andy

Noho's Hawaiian cafe

Best chargrilled teriyak, outside the Islands!
gotta love Hawaiian style teriyaki, and the Mac salad.. Oh Lordy!!!

It's my/our comfort food!

25th and Clinton, in Porkland!

Noho's Hawaiian cafe

Best chargrilled teriyak, outside the Islands!
gotta love Hawaiian style teriyaki, and the Mac salad.. Oh Lordy!!!

It's my/our comfort food!

25th and Clinton, in Porkland!

Have you tried Ohana over in Milwaukie? I haven't compared them to Noho's (yet), but they do some very nice Hawaiian style teriyaki and mac salad too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top