JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to hear what everyone's favorite films are, and why you love them so much! Mine is Armageddon.. I love the cast and it just never gets old watching Bruce Willis deliver killer one liners!

bruce-willis-nasa.jpg

Two in regard to recent releases. I'm pretty picky about authenticity in violent movies, and while it has great entertainment value, John Wick just doesn't measure up to a good Micheal Mann (Miami Vice, Heat, Collateral) film. But I also like a good story and a little character development.

That having been said, Top Gun Maverick was ok on the two latter, but the story was straight forward, no political BS or woke subtleties; us, them, lets get the mission done, period. And the aerial photography was absolutely awesome and worth waiting almost 30 years for the sequel.

The second film was another 30 year wait and just as good in every respect. Bladerunner 2049 has it all; the story with the deeper connotations, the character development, the right amount of believable (within context) violence, four interesting female personalities that were not too hard on the eyes, and the horrifying feeling that this incredible visual could actually be where we are headed in the future (who knows). Im from Los Angeles Originally, so I could totally relate to what a shyte hole much of southern Cal has become, compared to when I was a kid. Both Blade Runner movies are, in my opinion, modern masterpieces that say so much about humanity below the surface of the screen.

Hands down favorite...
Jeremiah Johnson....like that is a surprise for anyone who knows me.... :D
While the movie is a bit short on actual fact...it is beautifully filmed...and has an excellent script and story.

The Outlaw Josey Wales is a very close second.
Again...excellent script and story...and for a movie...it does tend to follow the novel fairly well.
Andy

Last Edited:
Hands down favorite...
Jeremiah Johnson....like that is a surprise for anyone who knows me.... :D
While the movie is a bit short on actual fact...it is beautifully filmed...and has an excellent script and story.

The Outlaw Josey Wales is a very close second.
Again...excellent script and story...and for a movie...it does tend to follow the novel fairly well.
Andy
Hard to go wrong with either one of those. Both actors have had a long distinguished career and these movies were early in that career, yet one of their most iconic. Jeremiah Johnson gave me the desire to learn fieldcraft, definitely impactful in that respect.

Great Escape. Miracle (1980 Olympics).

As to Jeremiah Johnson. Seen it so many times I can repeat the dialogue with the sound off… mostly anyway…

"but damn it was a genuine Hawken, you couldna go no better."

Hard to pick favorites, because there are so many, but these I have watched these multiple times:

One Flew Over The Cukoos Nest
Tombstone
The Right Stuff
Forrest Gump
Platoon
Mulholland Drive

This list is more telling about my age and how I grew up than it is about the quality of the film(s).

As to Jeremiah Johnson. Seen it so many times I can repeat the dialogue with the sound off… mostly anyway…
Me too. I've actually trained my wife also!

When I come home with a bountiful duck strap, I sling 'em down and demand: "Great hunter, yes?" She gives me Swan's reluctant "yasss" in reply. Great laughter ensues! :D

No possible way to name ONE, or two, favorite movies.

You could narrow it down by naming favorite actors, that ended up writing/producing. Clint Eastwood, Ron Howard to name a couple.

I normally hate sequels on my list of great movies. Exceptions for "The Hangover", and I really liked "Top Gun Maverick".

Josey Wales and Jerimiah Johnson. Jerimiah Johnson was filmed near where I grew up. Around Robert Redford's Sundance Ski Resort. Scenes in the movie look like places I had seen and have been. We did a lot of back road riding on our motorcycles around that area in the '60s and '70s .

For some reason I have some favorite movies that I could repeatedly watch the first 1/2 to 2/3 of;
- Ironman (first one)
- Captain America (first one)
... and there are some I could watch in their entirety darn near weekly ;
- Master and Commander, far side of the world
- R.E.D.
- Waking Ned Devine

And, of course there's the re-mastered from 8mm classic to digital format...
.... my 3 year old daughter (now 30) playing in her blow-up pool .... THAT one I could watch it every day!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top