JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Doing a rack of pork ribs for my girlfriend and I. I season them with Corky's and wrap in foil, then bake for 3 hours at 270 degrees, then take them out and finish on the grille with Stubbs sauce. They are always super tender and juicy and fall of the bone.

IMG_20200906_161243318.jpg

Six pound pork butt, started at 6:00 a.m. with homemade butt rub. Just hit 160, a the picture is 1st time to open smoker since start. Need 195 degrees to finish. Take it from smoker and put inside a cooler for and hour, to finish. Good today and tomorrow. Wife makes carnitas from some. Oh my goodness. Sweet rolls in oven.

20200907_130600.jpg 20200907_130606.jpg 20200907_155856.jpg 20200907_150157.jpg

Last Edited:
Started with a good butterflied and seasoned beef roast slow cooked to 125

IMG_20200905_164910087_HDR.jpg

Sliced thin and cooked for another half hour in a great au jus.

IMG_20200905_170642968.jpg IMG_20200905_171707439.jpg

And finally in a homemade hoagie to make a darn fine Chicago Italian beef sub. The au jus dip was fantastic :s0033:

IMG_20200905_171923552.jpg

You cannot beat fresh corn. My dad wouldn't pick the ears off the stalk until the grill was hot or mom had the water boiling. Grocery store corn sucks in Seattle.

Never got around to posting up last night's grit-down, so here's the proof:
New York strip grilled to medium rare, ranch-style baked beans, mixed veggies, and a prawn cocktail, all washed down with a Washington cabernet. Magnifique!
Dinner.JPG
And yes, I finally recaptured my kitchen table after it was hijacked as a home office for 5 months.
I now have TWO desks in my study - one for my sh!t, and one for work sh!t...

One of my all time favorite dishes. Lebanese kafta and grilled rosemary pita. Top with a bit of hummus, lettuce, avocado and tomato to complete the meal.

I used to wrap them on skewers, as is tradition, but making patties saves a good bit of time.

IMG_20200908_174643149_HDR.jpg

Tacos al pastor today
OMG, those look soooooooooooo good! <slobber>

Went with some pretty standard fare tonight...
Marinated and grilled boneless pork loin, roasted-in-the-husk corn-on-the-cob, and fresh steamed baby carrots and broccoli, all washed down with more than a few Old Fashioneds... :rolleyes: Pork loin.JPG
I'm combining three threads in this one...
What's On The Grill Tonight? Pork loins and corn-on-the-cob
What Are You Drinking Tonight? Old Fashioneds
What Did You Do To Prep Today? Cleaned a few pistols, since I never got my big, bulbous, lazy behind out to the range today... :oops:

Last Edited:
Never got around to my lamb chops last night, so if I can get my big, bulbous, behind out of this chair, that's what'll be for grillage tonight!

All right, I never got off my lazy azz last night to make it to the grill.
But tonight I finally busted a move towards grillage and threw down the lamb chopperz...
Marinated lamb chopz, roasted c-o-c, and artisan spring greens salad mit Italian dressing.
All washed down with a few Campari and sodas and a few glasses of a generic Washington red.
Mmmmmm, tasty...
lamb chops.JPG

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews