JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread is getting grim, time to derail it.
This horse walks into a bar and the bartender says, hey buddy why the long face? o_O (Waka Waka waka).

The un can't control the rapists and criminals inside their (I use the term loosely) organization, so how can they do anything else...? I don't fear them.

Our own homegrown 'opposite of right folk' are the ones who'll give the green light against their own citizens so the citizens will be empowered with 'their - opposite of right') wisdom - if not they'll do anything to make it happen...

Think that's a stretch?

Have you read the latest spew about the first amendment & citizens, from fredrica wilson, the goofy hat wearing, laughingstock congress woman who can't bear being laughed at and how she thinks Americans should be punished for doing so? Throw aoc in their too as her words should be considered sacrosanct and never to be made sport of...

The 'opposite of right folk' want to either silence you or ultimately want to wage war against you.

Make coffee...'cause every good plan starts with coffee...

Seriously though , Having served over in Bosnia and Somalia and seen what happens when someone else is sent over to control the population...
It ain't pretty....
It won't be like anything you thought it would be like...
There is no quitting in a situation like that...
Reprisals , feuds , resentments , and fighting for personal gain , rather than a "cause" , becomes commonplace...
Chaos , hate and fear rule the day...by night its close to the same , only tenfold...
Distrust , lawlessness and violence become the norm...
Most of the folks you love or care about , will die , betray you or be betrayed...

Forget all the Red Dawn movie fantasies , you really don't want this to happen.
Andy

Read Selco at Organic prepper. He writes from experience.

You searched for Selco - The Organic Prepper

Selco
Selco survived the Balkan war of the 90s in a city under siege, without electricity, running water, or food distribution. In his online works, he gives an inside view of the reality of survival under the harshest conditions. He reviews what works and what doesn't, tells you the hard lessons he learned, and shares how he prepares today. He never stopped learning about survival and preparedness since the war. Regardless what happens, chances are you will never experience extreme situations as Selco did. But you have the chance to learn from him and how he faced death for months. Read more of Selco's articles here. Buy his PDF books here. Take advantage of a deep and profound insight into his knowledge by signing up for his unrivaled online course. Real survival is not romantic or idealistic. It is brutal, hard and unfair. Let Selco take you into that world.

Read Selco at Organic prepper. He writes from experience.

You searched for Selco - The Organic Prepper

Selco
Selco survived the Balkan war of the 90s in a city under siege, without electricity, running water, or food distribution. In his online works, he gives an inside view of the reality of survival under the harshest conditions. He reviews what works and what doesn't, tells you the hard lessons he learned, and shares how he prepares today. He never stopped learning about survival and preparedness since the war. Regardless what happens, chances are you will never experience extreme situations as Selco did. But you have the chance to learn from him and how he faced death for months. Read more of Selco's articles here. Buy his PDF books here. Take advantage of a deep and profound insight into his knowledge by signing up for his unrivaled online course. Real survival is not romantic or idealistic. It is brutal, hard and unfair. Let Selco take you into that world.

I too served / survived a tour in Bosnia...what I have written here in this thread in my posts here was based on my experiences in two "Peace Keeping" tours and a total of four combat tours.
Now I am not saying that I am the end all be all of sage "What will you do " advice or wisdom..Nor am I saying that one can not learn from the experience of others...

Nevertheless ...It is "nice" to learn that others are saying a similar message.
That said..
Would I seem more authentic / legitimate if I offered a course of some kind...?

As I have said here and many times before , I truly hope that none here , have to experience war and the woe of its aftermath.
Andy

Air Force, that would be me. I'm bringing the steaks. I figure the Marines will bring the beer. :cool:

I'm incredibly pizzed off, but I served when Andy did and my two best friends died in RVN. One died in a stupid helo air to air crash after surviving his first tour and the other was just shot dead. He was a Marine, nineteen years old.
I also spent some time at Dover AFB. That's where the remains of America's best came home.

If TSHTF one way or another, if I don' stroke out or drop dead of a heart attack, all I hope to do is protect my little family and if I can, the people around me.

I'm way past my expiration date due to cancer & heart stuff, so I just hope to be smart and do my best.
Maybe some folks will be okay from my efforts.
That's it.

Last Edited:
Thing is: We all must face the fact...life ends.

I may have cancer..again.

I'm not concerned.

Life ends.

Going back to where to where I came from isn't scary for me, just glad I had this life...

There is an old saying :
War maybe Hell , but combat is a B!tch.

You gotta sleep sometime...who are you going to trust to keep watch...
Its summer now , if you survive till winter , how are you going to keep warm and dry...
Resupply of food , water , ammo , medical needs etc...how does that work...
Just how are you going to blend in with most of the folks , who ain't playin' real life call of duty...

And please spare me all the stories of just how the NVA and VC fought and did the above...
Or the Continental Army ...Or the Mujahideen or any number of other examples...

The amount of casualties that they suffered was horrendous...the will to continue to fight was at times almost broken...

Sorry , but threads like these , get my dander up...
I have four combat tours , I know what my fellow man is capable of and what I am capable of...
Warfare and combat brings out both the worst and best in a person...but again...you really don't want to go there.
Andy
I agree wholeheartedly. I would fight, but frankly, this sort of scenario is close to one of my worst nightmares. I was kinda sorta kidding about the Uncle George part. However, my family history on this continent is pertinent to me. I will fight or even die to defend my country if I have to, but I would rather see peace all my days and never raise my gun sights to a human's head ever again. But if the lot for me to play in history is not as I wish, I must do what I deem right to live with myself.

And I think it would be like the examples you mentioned. Cold, starving, running out of ammunition, unaware of who is going to kill you in your sleep. And thats if we were supremely lucky.

In all honesty if something like this were to occur, I would probably end up patching up people more than shooting. Nurses have a different sort of role in combat. And slightly handicapped nurses probably would have a better survival rate and usefulness out of the direct battlefield.

I have thought about what happens in an invasion, a massive quake, etc. And to me it is all going to be roughly the same in that death and pain will be the order of those days. May we never live to see them.

They would be invited, of course we would pay. Wouldn't be hard for the politicians to manufacture a reason.
agree it would be a mess.
The u.n. Would be more like Custer at the little big horn.
they may consider is to be just rabble and easily subjugated, much like their own populace. Oops.
after all we are just fat stupid Americans, they don't think much of us.
but with 65 million gun owners, if ten percent were to become active, a force three times larger than the largest standing army (China) would confront them.

The U.N. - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, HA!

I have a list.:.. milk, eggs, bacon, breed. ;)

I prefer my rape and pillage efforts be over before breakfast!

Thing is: We all must face the fact...life ends.

I may have cancer..again.

I'm not concerned.

Life ends.

Going back to where to where I came from isn't scary for me, just glad I had this life...

Don't!

I don't see any possibility of a U.N. invasion here! While anything is possible, it's highly unlikely! Assuming our own Military is still active, there would be MAJOR resistance from them to block any thing from happening! Home Grown Illegal Standing Armies of the Mercenary type are more concerning, but also likely to be put down quickly!
I hope none of this ever comes to pass, but if it does, so be it, i'm ready to do what I can, and hope to last long enough to make it as costly as I can!

Up the Republic!

The UN is the least if my worries. They are scared to invade unarmed countries. Listening to the latest round of the dems calling for things they control to be better yet placing the blame elsewhere while trying to convince the world, it's someone else's fault, is no longer amusing.

I refuse to be afraid of my employees. Government. I've seen the world and see what happens to populations that fail to control their government. Its the same people the dems are crying about now.

Keep your government on a leash or they get out of hand like a disobedient dog.

So... three military personnel are TDY housed in the same motel. Each discovers a mouse in their room.
The Army guy stomps the mouse with his spit polished boots and throws it out of the room.
The Marine kills the mouse with his bare hands and puts its carcass on a shelf in the room just in case rations become in short supply.
The Air Force pilot dials up the Motel Concierge and demands to know why a mouse was in his room and orders a cappuccino at the same time from room service.
An oldie but still a goodie IMHO.

I could tell he wasn't Air Force because he didn't mention carpeted air conditioned one or two-man billets with their own bathroom and shower.... and the last time I was at the range with @DB Wesner , he smelled all clean and perfumed up, he even folded his napkin after we drank beer and ate BBQ! :D

...everybody laughs at the Air Force....till they need a A-10.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top