JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why wouldn't they just shut down food distribution and shut off the water? Then watch it all unfold? That'd get most out of the fight.

Why wouldn't they just shut down food distribution and shut off the water? Then watch it all unfold? That's get most out of the fight.
That is a excellent tactic if...
The occupying power , can handle the backlash of :
"You killed my baby / sick grandmother 'cause you shut down the food and water"

But yeah control the food and water and many folks will be happy to help the occupying power.
Andy

UHHHH who's bringing the steak? Because if everything starts with coffee it ends with a steak and whiskey!!!
Uh...I thought you were a Army veteran....not Airforce...:D
Andy
Why wouldn't they just shut down food distribution and shut off the water? Then watch it all unfold? That'd get most out of the fight.

I could tell he wasn't Air Force because he didn't mention carpeted air conditioned one or two-man billets with their own bathroom and shower.... and the last time I was at the range with @DB Wesner , he smelled all clean and perfumed up, he even folded his napkin after we drank beer and ate BBQ! :D

What I miss most about my time in the USAF is nap time...

AF.jpg

For around 10 years or so there has been a contingency, I have over 50 family members here.
So having to rely or trust strangers will be avoided. The only issue we have here is if the roadway infrastructure
collapses. I am located where where half the family is on the other side of the river, bridges fall and there could be isolation.
I would be on the east side which is best as there is 200 miles wilderness and the ranch. We have talked about this that the area is easily cutoff from the outside, thats good and bad. Good news some 10 bridges would have to fall for us to be 100% cut off the to the west. With three major Bridges that would effect most of Oregon travel on 5.

It all boils down to control.
Control the :
Food
Water
Medical supplies
Communication and transportation...
And you will have tactical control....
Control :
The media..
Education...
Religion...
Political parties / goals...
And you have strategic control...

Lose enough of either and you will lose the war.
Andy

Make coffee...'cause every good plan starts with coffee...

Seriously though , Having served over in Bosnia and Somalia and seen what happens when someone else is sent over to control the population...
It ain't pretty....
It won't be like anything you thought it would be like...
There is no quitting in a situation like that...
Reprisals , feuds , resentments , and fighting for personal gain , rather than a "cause" , becomes commonplace...
Chaos , hate and fear rule the day...by night its close to the same , only tenfold...
Distrust , lawlessness and violence become the norm...
Most of the folks you love or care about , will die , betray you or be betrayed...

Forget all the Red Dawn movie fantasies , you really don't want this to happen.
Andy
"Most of the folks you love or care about , will die , betray you or be betrayed... you really don't want this to happen".
Well put, Andy. Sad,:eek: and all too true. Human nature has proven this time and again over the millennia of human existence. And we think of ourselves and "evolved" and civilised. Tain't so.

It all boils down to control.
Control the :
Food
Water
Medical supplies
Communication and transportation...
And you will have tactical control....
Control :
The media..
Education...
Religion...
Political parties / goals...
And you have strategic control...

Lose enough of either and you will lose the war.
Andy

'Cept you better have some good body armor, cuz.... aim small, miss small. ;)

D3751AA6-6FD4-40DA-8BF7-514BD4DED812.jpeg

Body armor or not...aim small , miss small...or not...

If the OP comes true...
I think that there will be :
Lots of "Last Stands"...
Death , pain , misery...
Collaboration...
And the partition of America....
Andy

There is an old saying :
War maybe Hell , but combat is a B!tch.

You gotta sleep sometime...who are you going to trust to keep watch...
Its summer now , if you survive till winter , how are you going to keep warm and dry...
Resupply of food , water , ammo , medical needs etc...how does that work...
Just how are you going to blend in with most of the folks , who ain't playin' real life call of duty...

And please spare me all the stories of just how the NVA and VC fought and did the above...
Or the Continental Army ...Or the Mujahideen or any number of other examples...

The amount of casualties that they suffered was horrendous...the will to continue to fight was at times almost broken...

Sorry , but threads like these , get my dander up...
I have four combat tours , I know what my fellow man is capable of and what I am capable of...
Warfare and combat brings out both the worst and best in a person...but again...you really don't want to go there.
Andy

Thanks for bringing some sanity Andy.

However the situation proposed in the OP is 1000:1 odds never going to happen anyway. What will happen is that we will continue on the same trajectory we have been for the last 200 years. More and more "weapons of war" will be regulated out of easy reach.

Our culture will be slowly attacked and villified, while the demographics of our country will continue to shift to people who do not care about the 2nd.

Eventually we will be just like Australia or Canada, and the "2nd amendment" will be an obscure hobby few people practice.

Criminals will still have the same cheap/crappy/stolen guns they have always had.

Then either Jesus Christ will return, or we will have a big ugly reset/collapse like Andy described, and you will be able to own whatever you want, but will be too busy dieing or trying to find food, water, medical to enjoy it.

That is a excellent tactic if...
The occupying power , can handle the backlash of :
"You killed my baby / sick grandmother 'cause you shut down the food and water"
When people are cornered in such a situation and have nothing left to lose then it's an entirely different animal.
There will be trouble seeking revenge behind every blade of grass.

When people are cornered in such a situation and have nothing left to lose then it's an entirely different animal.
There will be trouble seeking revenge behind every blade of grass.

That may be true..if someone has the will to continue to fight...
Many talk big , many start to fight...few finish the fight.

Regardless of all of that....
It will be ugly and not at all what anyone really knows or expects
Andy

That may be true..if someone has the will to continue to fight...
Many talk big , many start to fight...few finish the fight.

Regardless of all of that....
It will be ugly and not at all what anyone really knows or expects
Andy
If there is a scenario where I have to bury my children my outlook on life will be come slightly skewed. I will probably not much regard for my own life beyond that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top