JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Marlin Golden 39A. Purchased with earnings from my summer job. Bought it at the Expo Gun Show when people still went there to sell guns!!

First rifle I ever owned was given to me by my grandfather.:rolleyes: Savage model 6A.
It is marked 22 short, 22 long and 22 long rifle only as automatic. Pre war with
no serial number.o_O
Img_0012.jpg
First rifle I bought for myself? Remington Nylon 66.:D

Remington model 581 bolt action .22LR with detachable 5 round mag. 10th birthday present in the 1960s. In the safe with a Leupold 3x9 BDC .22 scope on it. Best shot with it was 110 yards down hill in a slight cross wind. Aimed at a sage rat's (gophers we called'em) head. Sitting with elbows resting on knees.

Center punched him center mass with Remington Yellow Jacket. I wish I would have taken a photo but it was 1978. I told my buddy, Damn, I think I missed him cause he disappeared so fast. Chuck said, no I think you got him. We walked down the hill and his guts were blown right out.
Thanks to mom and pop for being terrific parents.
Brutus Out

Winchester Model 94 30-30.

Dad got it for me on my 14th birthday just as deer season opened. After 3 years of walking the woods with him and my Grandfather and passing my Oregon Safe Hunter course I finally was allowed to carry my own rifle and harvest a deer.

Daisy Red Ryder Lever Action Cowboy Carbine w 650 round capacity. At age 4-5 . Until mom bent it over her knee then finished it on a support column. But that's another. Then a Savage .22/20 over under around age 9 for Xmas ,since we lived in bird country.

I was always a pistol guy with little interest in rifles. The first rifle I recall actually *buying* was a lightly sporterized Bulgarian military Mauser in 308. Got my first elk with it over 30 years ago.

Inherited a couple ancient Western Field .22s (Mossberg bolt & Stevens semi-auto) from my dad and grandfather as a teen. Finally bought a Marlin Glenfield Model 60 in the 1970's, my first brand new firearm.

Glenfields were everywhere at the time (the big box stores in San Diego sold them cheap), and it seemed everyone I knew had one. I loved the shape of the stock, the feel, accuracy, everything about that rifle - until it started failing. Same thing for my buddies. We kept them religiously clean and lubed, but after a couple bricks of ammo, they all jammed consistently regardless of the brand.

I traded mine to a gunsmith in exchange for some work on something else. Always wondered if Marlin ever sorted that common issue out because it was a joy to shoot when it still worked. Sort of like wondering whatever happened to an old girlfriend you never saw again.

My first rifle was an M-16, courtesy of Uncle Sam. Once my 3 years was up I had to give it back. Next I had a Remington .22 ... a Nylon 66 I believe. The plastic stock was cracked and I remember using brown duct tape so it would blend in, ha ha. My first Real rifle was Savage 99, lever action in .308. I had a fixed 4 power scope on it that looked nice, it didn't break the smooth lines of the rifle. It was a nice rifle, smooth action and shot well. I was sorry when I had to let it go.

My was a Marlin model 60.
Still have it.
I was so young when I got it I didn't even know how to clean it so after 100's of round and hand fulls of sand and dirt it would start to jam to fix it I would just spray a can of WD40 in the action & barrel and go back to shooting that work for years
Shooting this rife always brings a smile to my face

Mine was a remington 700 BDL 30-06.
Put it on layaway at G.I Joes and worked through the summer to pay for it.
Was 13. Got my first elk with it.
Hard to believe it is a 25 year old rifle now.
Still shoots like a champ.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads