JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you have to wait 3 months anyway you should have them send you a mag fed one :)

Yeah, I changed to the T2 with the mag. Since Im waiting 6 months I can make payments to spread out the cost.

I know you already made your decision, but I'm late to the conversation.....

Aren't the 5.7 uppers fed from a top-mounted magazine? That would be pretty cool looking.

yep, ejects out the mag well. I have a AR57 on a dedicated lower already. Its a very light rifle (6 pounds including a full mag with 50 rounds).
ba0e675b-1b87-4a5f-b13c-8d8028d41f21.jpg

ba0e675b-1b87-4a5f-b13c-8d8028d41f21.jpg

Damn.... I've (obviously) never handled on in person :oops:

They are nice and the guy who makes them has some nicer options, including AR pistols, which would be the way I would go.

Would it be feasible to machine an ejection port into the single shot lower?

Sure - you just follow through with machining out the mag well.

But I think the OP was trying to avoid that - maybe not. Not quite sure what he meant by "single shot" except the obvious.

Damn.... I've (obviously) never handled one in person :oops:

Would it be feasible to machine an ejection port into the single shot lower?

Also, @bolus where did you get your single shot lower?

Mentioned earlier
<broken link removed>
only a few places sell completed single show lowers

It would be easier to just get a lower with a magwell than machine out the magwell.

But I think the OP was trying to avoid that - maybe not. Not quite sure what he meant by "single shot" except the obvious.

Just looking for ideas of an upper that would work on a lower without a magwell other than the obvious reason (bolt action 50 gmb upper) Went with the 50bmg upper in the end anyway.

well, double poop. Another delay again. After waiting 5 months I just got informed it will be another 9 months before the tactilite upper is ready. So Im cancelling getting a refund.

need new ideas for a single shot upper

mmmm.... I think I would would have waited.

I have owned two single shot .50's I am seriously considering buying a Barrett semi auto, even though its an insane purchase. The single shot guns I had where a ton of fun, but now that Ive done that I wouldn't buy another. At the very least I would want a mag fed gun.
Still have one of the single shot 50's around?

I spoke with them again and they have the Spartan S1 (single shot) with the 24" barrel and a 15% off because of the trouble. they said that one is only 1-2 weeks. So I'll spend the rest on optics.

My AR15 is standard and in 5.56.

It's supposed to be a simi-auto but dang me it's still a single shot AR...

I'm sure I could take one of yours and figure out how to make it not cycle right and then you'll have your single shot bolt gun:p

You could just gut a mag and use it for storing some ammo or a cleaning kit:confused:

Ok I'll shut up now, sorry about your extended delay and let down:oops:.

Single Shot AR-15? Like an SRT Charger with only 5th gear.

As in, "what is the point of that?" The whole idea behind an AR-15 rifle is that you have a semi-auto rifle, otherwise you could get the same (maybe more) out of a bolt action Remington 700 SPS tactical in 223 and still have about the same poop-ton of accessories.

Not trying to be a kill-joy; just don't understand the use for one of these when so many other better options exist for about the same money.

Single Shot AR-15? Like an SRT Charger with only 5th gear.

As in, "what is the point of that?" The whole idea behind an AR-15 rifle is that you have a semi-auto rifle, otherwise you could get the same (maybe more) out of a bolt action Remington 700 SPS tactical in 223 and still have about the same poop-ton of accessories.

Not trying to be a kill-joy; just don't understand the use for one of these when so many other better options exist for about the same money.

No point really. I have a good AR, several actually. And a good shotgun, and a good precision rifle, and a bunch of good pistols.

My gun collecting has gone from self protection to emergency preparedness to now full time hobby. So once I found out someone made a single shot 80% AR lower, I had to build something with it.

Plus its an 80% single shot lower with a 50 BMG upper on it. Assuming I survive the first shot, I'll consider it an accomplishment. If you can find me an 80% Remington 700 that I can build with garage tools I'd be all over it. Any bolt action 80% rifle would be a fun project.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top