JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im going to start on a single shot lower and I need help deciding what I should pair with it.

DIsr3OR.jpg

I was going to do a 50 BMG upper but for pretty much the same and price I could get an Armalite AR50.

So I started to think about what else I could do with it. I know that this build serves no practical purpose. This is just to make something different.

-There is a crossbow upper that would be interesting (but at the same price as the 50 bmg upper)
-There used to be single shot top break uppers for California but I think they got outlawed as well.
-The AR15 guys in England make bolt action uppers since that is all the can own. I doubt I would get one imported into the US though

anyone know of any wacky uppers out there that would be a good match for this lower?

I'd still do the 50. Especially since everything will be off a 4473.

If not there are rare bolt action 308s out there.

since you dont have to worry about feeding, could you do something like a side charge 6.5 creedmoor?o_O

found this 22 from chiappa aswell

Chiappa-M4-22-Bolt-Action.jpg
do you have a link on that Chiappa? I had not run across that one.

I'd do a side charging upper if it has a way to hold the bolt open on a lower that has no mag release button. I dont want to hold a bolt open while trying to feed a round. That's why a bolt action seems the best. Even a break action would be cool

I'd still do the 50. Especially since everything will be off a 4473.

If not there are rare bolt action 308s out there.

that was definitely the appeal of doing the 80% lower. but its a 50 bmg and I like my fingers. I know the upper takes the brunt of the forces but Im second guessing my ability to put one together that would explode when I could just get the armalite and be done with it.

If I dont find something wacky to do with this lower, I'll probably go with the tactilite. Its in stock at Brownells and I get a C&R discount there.

<broken link removed>

found it here and a couple other places. just thinking, it probably wouldnt run well without a mag. looks as though it is sold out everywhere. they might not be making it any longer:confused:

mmmm.... I think I would would have waited.

I have owned two single shot .50's I am seriously considering buying a Barrett semi auto, even though its an insane purchase. The single shot guns I had where a ton of fun, but now that Ive done that I wouldn't buy another. At the very least I would want a mag fed gun.

What did the single shot 80% lower run you. I have been thinking of the very same thing. With this so called AWB of 2015 coming up. I am in a race to get all I can to build what I can. Before that door shuts for ever.

What did the single shot 80% lower run you. I have been thinking of the very same thing. With this so called AWB of 2015 coming up. I am in a race to get all I can to build what I can. Before that door shuts for ever.

$59. its not in stock very often though. I think I waited about 2 months before I was able to snag one
<broken link removed>

You can use a regular AR15 lower with the 50 BMG uppers. I just wanted one that did not have the magwell on there so it matched the look of the upper better

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top