JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you have to wait 3 months anyway you should have them send you a mag fed one :)

Yeah, I changed to the T2 with the mag. Since Im waiting 6 months I can make payments to spread out the cost.

I know you already made your decision, but I'm late to the conversation.....

Aren't the 5.7 uppers fed from a top-mounted magazine? That would be pretty cool looking.

yep, ejects out the mag well. I have a AR57 on a dedicated lower already. Its a very light rifle (6 pounds including a full mag with 50 rounds).
ba0e675b-1b87-4a5f-b13c-8d8028d41f21.jpg

ba0e675b-1b87-4a5f-b13c-8d8028d41f21.jpg

Damn.... I've (obviously) never handled on in person :oops:

They are nice and the guy who makes them has some nicer options, including AR pistols, which would be the way I would go.

Would it be feasible to machine an ejection port into the single shot lower?

Sure - you just follow through with machining out the mag well.

But I think the OP was trying to avoid that - maybe not. Not quite sure what he meant by "single shot" except the obvious.

Damn.... I've (obviously) never handled one in person :oops:

Would it be feasible to machine an ejection port into the single shot lower?

Also, @bolus where did you get your single shot lower?

Mentioned earlier
<broken link removed>
only a few places sell completed single show lowers

It would be easier to just get a lower with a magwell than machine out the magwell.

But I think the OP was trying to avoid that - maybe not. Not quite sure what he meant by "single shot" except the obvious.

Just looking for ideas of an upper that would work on a lower without a magwell other than the obvious reason (bolt action 50 gmb upper) Went with the 50bmg upper in the end anyway.

well, double poop. Another delay again. After waiting 5 months I just got informed it will be another 9 months before the tactilite upper is ready. So Im cancelling getting a refund.

need new ideas for a single shot upper

mmmm.... I think I would would have waited.

I have owned two single shot .50's I am seriously considering buying a Barrett semi auto, even though its an insane purchase. The single shot guns I had where a ton of fun, but now that Ive done that I wouldn't buy another. At the very least I would want a mag fed gun.
Still have one of the single shot 50's around?

I spoke with them again and they have the Spartan S1 (single shot) with the 24" barrel and a 15% off because of the trouble. they said that one is only 1-2 weeks. So I'll spend the rest on optics.

My AR15 is standard and in 5.56.

It's supposed to be a simi-auto but dang me it's still a single shot AR...

I'm sure I could take one of yours and figure out how to make it not cycle right and then you'll have your single shot bolt gun:p

You could just gut a mag and use it for storing some ammo or a cleaning kit:confused:

Ok I'll shut up now, sorry about your extended delay and let down:oops:.

Single Shot AR-15? Like an SRT Charger with only 5th gear.

As in, "what is the point of that?" The whole idea behind an AR-15 rifle is that you have a semi-auto rifle, otherwise you could get the same (maybe more) out of a bolt action Remington 700 SPS tactical in 223 and still have about the same poop-ton of accessories.

Not trying to be a kill-joy; just don't understand the use for one of these when so many other better options exist for about the same money.

Single Shot AR-15? Like an SRT Charger with only 5th gear.

As in, "what is the point of that?" The whole idea behind an AR-15 rifle is that you have a semi-auto rifle, otherwise you could get the same (maybe more) out of a bolt action Remington 700 SPS tactical in 223 and still have about the same poop-ton of accessories.

Not trying to be a kill-joy; just don't understand the use for one of these when so many other better options exist for about the same money.

No point really. I have a good AR, several actually. And a good shotgun, and a good precision rifle, and a bunch of good pistols.

My gun collecting has gone from self protection to emergency preparedness to now full time hobby. So once I found out someone made a single shot 80% AR lower, I had to build something with it.

Plus its an 80% single shot lower with a 50 BMG upper on it. Assuming I survive the first shot, I'll consider it an accomplishment. If you can find me an 80% Remington 700 that I can build with garage tools I'd be all over it. Any bolt action 80% rifle would be a fun project.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top