JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have learned some things. And I hope I have helped others. This community is my Internet "home" for a reason; it has brought much joy and a great many laughs over the years. :)

What I have learned:

1. We are all brothers and sisters and very like minded when we leave politics out of the equation.
  2. That I would miss this place with all its faults, like including some of its faulty members :D
  3. Think before creating a thread, you can't delete it once some one comments :D
  4. I am amazed at how many times I am never wrong, as opposed to the times I am always right:D
  5. That there are some great people here, many I would call friends, and Patriots, and maybe one or two to help bury a body.
  6. That I am grateful you guys all put up with me around election and sessions times :D

Lots of knowledge here, from around the globe, I have also learned that antis have no idea the real side
of this culture and how it molds a person, if they would only join and not judge we could change allot.

Some of the best and worst members of our hobby are here. The majority of the members here would give you the shirt off their back or their last magazine of ammo. I have met people from everywhere whom I am comfortable welcoming into my home.

I have also seen the worst of us. People that would cheat a brother or sister out of their last nickel just to do it. People who misrepresent themselves. People who I firmly believe are incapable of thinking outside their own little bubble. But thankfully, those people don't seem to last here.

There is always someone who knows more than you, regardless of how knowledgeable you are about a topic. And like I alluded to above, most of those members will meet you at the range or just on the couch to share guns, ammo, experiences, or anything else.

I have seen other forums blow themselves apart. It is my desire that we can work together to find our common ideas rather than focus on our differences.

I can't wait for my next visit with @tac, @Ura-Ki, @Dyjital, and many others whom I've been able to meet. Still looking forward to meeting @AndyinEverson and many others in person.

The top 10: I've learned that people on this forum...
1. Will pay an insane amount of money for an SKS / Comblocks.
2. Do business on the classifieds frequently enough they should have an FFL but don't.
3. Are generally good but there are still those who would hide known defects to pawn their problems off on others.
4. Fall out of love with Tupperware guns. Frequently.
5. Think that the buy-now price on GB is the expected sale price of their guns.
6. In rural areas tend to allow their guns to rust (just no excuse)
7. Sometimes appreciate that a 45 is a 1911 and 9mm a HiPower
8. Shouldn't buy Savage, Taurus, HiPoint, Keltec, Charles Daly, etc, or anything in 40SW, with any expectation of selling it quickly or profitably, or have any fond memories of ownership.
9. Mostly have family trees that branch, excluding Yacolt and Amboy.
10. Had mothers and grandmothers who's hair would get caught in ceiling fans.

I am humbled on a daily basis by the vast amounts of knowledge and the overall quality of the members on NWFA. This is unlike any other forum. I strive to be relevant and worthy of your consideration. The members I have met so far have been kind, gracious, professional and great all around people. I hope to give back at least as much as I have gained from my time here.
Thank you.

Fantastic thread OP.

1) I've learned to try and listen twice as much as I speak.
2) Humor has a way of settling some conversations down.
3) Don't take yourself to seriously
4) The extremes of either side aren't where most of us live, nor would we want too.
5) Don't eat yellow snow...long story. :)

Yellow Snow.jpg

I joined a few days ago, but I have already learned of several places for outdoor target practice, the GPS coordinates to locate them, and what I can and cannot use for targets. I am very new to the gun world, and I believe I will learn a great deal from this forum. BTW, I recently bought my first semi-automatic shotgun, because I am afraid the state of Oregon will eventually make it very difficult, if not impossible, to buy guns! I get it that this site wants to keep the conversation predominantly away from politics, yet there are politicians who wish to legislate tough gun control; and maybe eliminate guns entirely! Are we perhaps closer to realizing a limitation to our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms than we ever imagined possible? My shotgun has multi-purposes, but home defense is number one. If someone breaks into my home, they will feel the hot wrath of God descend upon them! No politician is going to take away my freedom or tell me how many rounds my gun can fire! I'll be damned if people in ivory towers are going to blame and punish me, a law-abiding citizen, for the misuse of firearms by criminals! (That's another blessing of this sight, as I voiced my opinion to a politician about gun rights.) Please don't misunderstand my remarks as a reflection that I am someone who has violent intentions? I have none! With that said, I love this Country, and it's changing too fast for me! No government, state or federal, will tell me I can't own a gun! The day my gun is relinquished will only be due to prying it from my cold, dead, hands!

I joined a few days ago, but I have already learned of several places for outdoor target practice, the GPS coordinates to locate them, and what I can and cannot use for targets. I am very new to the gun world, and I believe I will learn a great deal from this forum. BTW, I recently bought my first semi-automatic shotgun, because I am afraid the state of Oregon will eventually make it very difficult, if not impossible, to buy guns! I get it that this site wants to keep the conversation predominantly away from politics, yet there are politicians who wish to legislate tough gun control; and maybe eliminate guns entirely! Are we perhaps closer to realizing a limitation to our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms than we ever imagined possible? My shotgun has multi-purposes, but home defense is number one. If someone breaks into my home, they will feel the hot wrath of God descend upon them! No politician is going to take away my freedom or tell me how many rounds my gun can fire! I'll be damned if people in ivory towers are going to blame and punish me, a law-abiding citizen, for the misuse of firearms by criminals! (That's another blessing of this sight, as I voiced my opinion to a politician about gun rights.) Please don't misunderstand my remarks as a reflection that I am someone who has violent intentions? I have none! With that said, I love this Country, and it's changing too fast for me! No government, state or federal, will tell me I can't own a gun! The day my gun is relinquished will only be due to prying it from my cold, dead, hands!
Love the passion, Welcome to NWFA.

1. There is some room for unholy aliances; if we fail to accept different ideologies (& if they fail to accept our's) we will all loose what Individual Liberties we have left.

2. Joe Link is a visionary.

3. Non-military people can be self-sufficient, honorable, and smart too.

I've learned an overwhelming amount.

I have witnessed the best of people from those locally I have bonded with, those who have taught me hands on at their bench. I have been fortunate enough to pass along information and encourage others to do the same.

I have made threads about my own struggles in hopes that it will help somebody else down the road. Threads are static information tidbits and valuable ones at that.

With that said, I have also seen the worst of people on this site. Sadly, that is what will tear this place apart. I spent almost all day with a new shooting buddy who is on the other side of the spectrum than I am. We didn't argue about politics but searched to listen to one another's viewpoints as each has merits to why they think in a given way.

Hopefully we as a forum can take pride and ownership in our collective strengths and push forward, strengthening our hobbies and encouraging one another.

We are grey beards, red beards, black beards and no beards. More range time and less bickering time is what makes us all great in our own special way.

Strength in unity, weakness in division.
I am a short timer here, barely a year, I joined mostly for the pro2a activism aspects of the group. I have learned that there's wayyyyy more division among gunowners than there is among the antis. The antis may have some divisions about how restrictive they want gun control to be but if they do, they sure hide it well.

Last Edited:
I've learned there's a remnant of Patriots out there who will fight the good fight when the time comes.

I've learned that gun owners have a tendency to eat their own, in other words, serious division, division that prevents us from being as successful as the other side.

I've learned to be careful about beverage consumption while reading the forum.

I've learned there's not a better forum with more knowledgeable people anywhere on the interwebs.

I've learned there's a standup group that'll have each other's back when the SHTF...

And I've learned to be careful around @Stomper.... :D

I've learned there's a remnant of Patriots out there who will fight the good fight when the time comes.

I've learned that gun owners have a tendency to eat their own, in other words, serious division, division that prevents us from being as successful as the other side.

I've learned to be careful about beverage consumption while reading the forum.

I've learned there's not a better forum with more knowledgeable people anywhere on the interwebs.

I've learned there's a standup group that'll have each other's back when the SHTF...

And I've learned to be careful around @Stomper.... :D
I also learned to be careful about beverage when posting on forum and when visiting r/gundeals. My wallet hates my beverage choices sometimes.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top