JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There are a lot of knowledgeable people and informative threads in this forum where you can learn a lot. Even without interacting, you can learn quite a bit by observing threads, like the classified ads. What are some things you've learned? I'll start;

1) Nobody wants to buy Savage rifles, or anything .40 S&W second hand.
2) When you customize a gun you kill the value.
3) A $500 AR with 1K worth of add ons is still only worth $350-$400.
4) No matter how knowledgeable you are in a subject, somebody in here legitimately knows more than you, and collectively, the knowledge can be overwhelming.
5) The old guys are usually right.

Pretty much the same things you said already.

Oh, and I learned that some people actually do buy Hi-Points and Kel-Tecs.

:D

Last Edited:
If I posted what I've learned, some would roll their eyes, some would node their heads, some would be amused, some would be ticked off, some would miss the point and most wouldn't care. I'll leave it to each of you to figure out where you fall within those groups. ;)

Mike

1. Although I don't always agree with some of the gun enthusiasts on the forums, I still learn something from them. I bite my tongue often.:D

2. It is a great place to vent about the idiocy of the anti-gun crowd.

3. Need gun advice, you get more than you need.:s0030:

4. Some of the nicest people exist in these forums.

ive learned a lot of things in the 9 years ive been here. i was 21 when i joined. just started my career where i still am today.

ive learned that there are some really good, trustworthy people out there who share the same interests i do.

when i joined here, it strictly was for FTF private sales. ive bought and sold plenty of things here. this all changed with the passing of sb941.

ive learned all about the ongoing threat to our 2A and how to be proactive in the fight to preserve our right. i grew up with firearms. i always knew we have the right to have them but i was naive to the fact that anyone would want to take them away...i dont know a life without them.

ive learned a lot of good reloading information amd tips here.

ive learned how to build and make repairs to certain types of rifles.

too many to list really....

ive been a member to a handful of other forums. this one is simply, in my opinion, the best one out there

I've learned an overwhelming amount.

I have witnessed the best of people from those locally I have bonded with, those who have taught me hands on at their bench. I have been fortunate enough to pass along information and encourage others to do the same.

I have made threads about my own struggles in hopes that it will help somebody else down the road. Threads are static information tidbits and valuable ones at that.

With that said, I have also seen the worst of people on this site. Sadly, that is what will tear this place apart. I spent almost all day with a new shooting buddy who is on the other side of the spectrum than I am. We didn't argue about politics but searched to listen to one another's viewpoints as each has merits to why they think in a given way.

Hopefully we as a forum can take pride and ownership in our collective strengths and push forward, strengthening our hobbies and encouraging one another.

We are grey beards, red beards, black beards and no beards. More range time and less bickering time is what makes us all great in our own special way.

Strength in unity, weakness in division.

I've learned an overwhelming amount.

I have witnessed the best of people from those locally I have bonded with, those who have taught me hands on at their bench. I have been fortunate enough to pass along information and encourage others to do the same.

I have made threads about my own struggles in hopes that it will help somebody else down the road. Threads are static information tidbits and valuable ones at that.

With that said, I have also seen the worst of people on this site. Sadly, that is what will tear this place apart. I spent almost all day with a new shooting buddy who is on the other side of the spectrum than I am. We didn't argue about politics but searched to listen to one another's viewpoints as each has merits to why they think in a given way.

Hopefully we as a forum can take pride and ownership in our collective strengths and push forward, strengthening our hobbies and encouraging one another.

We are grey beards, red beards, black beards and no beards. More range time and less bickering time is what makes us all great in our own special way.

Strength in unity, weakness in division.

:s0101: Very well said.

I have personally met some of the best people on this forum. I continue to learn every day and how good those people are and they help me keep my faith in man kind.

From reloading to building a rifle, a new and better way to help me become a better shooter to everything in between. Not enough time or space to put it all down.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people and informative threads in this forum where you can learn a lot. Even without interacting, you can learn quite a bit by observing threads, like the classified ads. What are some things you've learned? I'll start;

1) Nobody wants to buy Savage rifles, or anything .40 S&W second hand.
2) When you customize a gun you kill the value.
3) A $500 AR with 1K worth of add ons is still only worth $350-$400.
4) No matter how knowledgeable you are in a subject, somebody in here legitimately knows more than you, and collectively, the knowledge can be overwhelming.
5) The old guys are usually right.

#4 and #5

Yah, I used to think I know a lot about reloading... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This old guy is still right. Just ask me. :p:p;)

I learned the value of the "ignore" feature once it was highly recommended to me.

They only "think" they have seen the worst of me.... I am capable of soooo much more.

The older I get, the less capable I am of winning an argument.

I learned gun politics interest me more than gun talk.

I learned endless details about any particular firearm is boring.

I learned that for any subject there is no shortage of contradictory opinions that claim to be "the" answer.

I learned not to start threads asking for info because old posts never die and the answers never stop coming even tho whatever problem or need was solved long ago.

I learned not to ask which caliber is best for, well, anything!!!

I learned not everybody reads thru a thread, or even back a couple of comments, prior to posting.

;););)

Edit: I learned that for any fireams related incident there is a huge variety in how others see it.

Last Edited:
I learned that I'm not quite the Internet tough guy I thought I was;)

Geesh, where to begin? I learned about the AR/M16 platform(still learning)...how to build, modify and maintenance them. I learned quite a bit about muzzleloaders, like the Hawken (thanks @AndyinEverson) I learned a ton about reloading and reloading components. And last but not least, I stay abreast on political topics regarding the 2nd Amendment.

I've learned that the 1911 is always, always, always superior to those dumpy Glocks. Heh.

FA1BD983-C456-47A2-8AC0-5DB31295D141.gif

Seriously, though - you folks have taught me a lot about firearms. But more than that, I've learned that the "gun community" is full of outstanding, fine Americans. I'm proud to be among you all. Feels a lot like family in the Deep South, many years ago.

I have learned quite a bit in my time here. Having lived in a bubble for over 20 years, i had no idea of the struggles i would be facing! I have made many friends from here, and many more through those friends! I have also lost a few friends, a few to age or illness, a few due to differing opinions, but I wouldnt trade any of it away! I am active on three total forum's this one exclusively abojt Firearms, one mainly survival and preparedness, and the SuperCub sight, all are good, but none as big or popular as NWFA! I have learned so much from so many here, but the most important thing I have learned:
Dont ever challenge @Stomper to any thing, be it a farting contest or shooting ( when he remembers which target is his) or any thing else, you WILL loose!:p:D:p

What have I learned...?

Not to drink while posting...not referring to being "Liquored Up"...but just not drinking anything while reading the forum...there is some funny stuff that gets posted and I don't need to wreck my keyboard...:D

That we have some smart and generous folks that hang out here...

The backspace button is my friend....'Cause if I posted everything I first thought of , when responding , I'd have some 'Splaining to do....:eek::D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads