JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Things i have learned

1. everyone has a secret Savage rifle fetish
2. as united as we are, we are equally divided when it comes to opinions of firearms
3. prepare for the onslaught of information if you post a question
4. even if you get sideways with someone, it quickly becomes water under the bridge
5. there is a strong sense of community and unity
6. everyone here cares deeply about the 2A

ive learned a lot of things in the 9 years ive been here. i was 21 when i joined. just started my career where i still am today.

ive learned that there are some really good, trustworthy people out there who share the same interests i do.

when i joined here, it strictly was for FTF private sales. ive bought and sold plenty of things here. this all changed with the passing of sb941.

ive learned all about the ongoing threat to our 2A and how to be proactive in the fight to preserve our right. i grew up with firearms. i always knew we have the right to have them but i was naive to the fact that anyone would want to take them away...i dont know a life without them.

ive learned a lot of good reloading information amd tips here.

ive learned how to build and make repairs to certain types of rifles.

too many to list really....

ive been a member to a handful of other forums. this one is simply, in my opinion, the best one out there

This post I can relate to, possibly more than any post I've read in recent memory. Growing up with guns, my 21st birthday was special not for the party but because I'd finally be able to own my first gun (I didn't know at the time I could have owned rifles). In the months leading up to it I did a ton of research, with the folks on The High Road sharing with me an incredible amount of knowledge. I'll never forget how helpful and welcoming they were to a new guy, and it's something that I've tried my hardest to replicate here. I can honestly say that Northwest Firearms would not exist without that experience.

This post I can relate to, possibly more than any post I've read in recent memory. Growing up with guns, my 21st birthday was special not for the party but because I'd finally be able to own my first gun (I didn't know at the time I could have owned rifles). In the months leading up to it I did a ton of research, with the folks on The High Road sharing with me an incredible amount of knowledge. I'll never forget how helpful and welcoming they were to a new guy, and it's something that I've tried my hardest to replicate here. I can honestly say that Northwest Firearms would not exist without that experience.
And a darned fine job you've done! It's not easy herding kittens, but somehow you and the mods have been able to do this. We collectively owe you a debt of gratitude and a cold beer!

I think people confuse "division" with what I see is a bunch of folks who are a lot more self-sufficient than the rest if the sheeple. Why are we so quick to snap at each other? In the end of the day, most if us don't "need" anyone here and don't care about the consequences of what we say. Its the nature of most gun owners.

It was the same way growing up as a kid going to the gun shows. We went to show with friends we already had, made very few friends at the show, and pretty much thought everyone else was full of schit and their prices were just as insane as they are today. But the friends Ive made in both places are important to me. I've made a few that I wouldn't ever want to lose.

At least forums keep me from having to smell any of you! Gunshows are where the conservative deoderant and soap adverse go to hang out.

I think people confuse "division" with what I see is a bunch of folks who are a lot more self-sufficient than the rest if the sheeple. Why are we so quick to snap at each other? In the end of the day, most if us don't "need" anyone here and don't care about the consequences of what we say. Its the nature of most gun owners.

It was the same way growing up as a kid going to the gun shows. We went to show with friends we already had, made very few friends at the show, and pretty much thought everyone else was full of schit and their prices were just as insane as they are today. But the friends Ive made in both places are important to me. I've made a few that I wouldn't ever want to lose.

At least forums keep me from having to smell any of you! Gunshows are where the conservative deoderant and soap adverse go to hang out.
Hey Now... I Resemble that remark !

Agreed, we are a pretty independent bunch. Self sufficiency comes to mind...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top