JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I learn way more about people here than guns, by far . Its a sample of the active PNW shooting community. I learn wives tales never die, constructive criticism is almost never appreciated, people still looking for validation , truly knowledgeable people are mostly ignored if they aren't handing out validation, there will always be wannabes regurgitating tired catch phrases "goes bang every time". I've come to the understanding that people take this too seriously, like what happens on here and the disappointment they find here affects their day, people announcing their disgust with how its changed and threatening their departure if it doesn't change back to their vision. People who offer a funny line and a pat on the back are highly valued here .
Also I learn that there are still good people out there.

I've learned about a gun culture. I would probably be the oblivious gun owner if not for NWFA.
I found the forum looking for places to shoot. Don't know if it's been a blessing or a curse ($$). Maybe if not for NWFA, I would still only have a pistol, rifle and a shotgun.

I am a short timer here, barely a year, I joined mostly for the pro2a activism aspects of the group. I have learned that there's wayyyyy more division among gunowners than there is among the antis. The antis may have some divisions about how restrictive they want gun control to be but if they do, they sure hide it well.
kanban-going-leanagile-for-your-it-dev-support-team-17-728.jpg

I have also learned that everyone from Texas is a former Ranger, and that the Marine Corp has no mechanics or truck drivers. They are all operators and very rare Army Seal Scout snipers. They will tell you very humbly. :)

I learned that the rivers and lakes around here are full of firearms, boating accidents are common, and that most forum members used to keep their gun collections on board. That's where I used to keep mine, until I too had my own boating accident

I have also learned that everyone from Texas is a former Ranger, and that the Marine Corp has no mechanics or truck drivers. They are all operators and very rare Army Seal Scout snipers. They will tell you very humbly. :)
Dang, I was only a lowly Aircraft Electrician in the USAF.

In the beginning, when I was doing Lobby work. This site and many of its members gave a very strong view of what gun owners were. I have been a member of several firearm groups, even ran three or four. But often leave just because there is no substance to the group. As much as we butt heads all of us on certain topics. The reality is this group represents in a very unique way what gun owners are.

Ive always been torn of the politics in this group though, that alone is a huge problem to have cohesion.
On one hand politics in Firearm is needed, but that always allows the sneaking in of other politics, which creates a huge division.
There are time I wish the group was just a Firearms group, with one small thread for gun politics. I like to come here to escape and sometimes its like walking in dog bubblegum, and I think hell this is not relaxing.

It would be nice some day @Joelink we could limit the amount of politics to one small area and maybe model the group after the original NRA. Which was for the enjoyment and safety of firearm. As much as many here see me engage in politics, I hate seeing it here all the same. Id just like to come here and not see all that crap spread all over..

There are a lot of knowledgeable people and informative threads in this forum where you can learn a lot. Even without interacting, you can learn quite a bit by observing threads, like the classified ads. What are some things you've learned? I'll start;

Well, considering I was turned onto this place very shortly after I got my first real gun from a guy on ifish. That was 2009. What have I learned? Pretty much everything I know about guns. The hardest lesson was, I should have waited to sell that old 1890s Mauser that I got with Dad's junky guns until I'd talked to the membership here. :(

People on this forum have been tolerant, patient, and kind towards me and, for a newbie, that is much appreciated! So, allow me to indulge your grace with my ignorance. This forum has specifically educated me on targets not to use! (Now, feel free to laugh at my ignorance!) Until joining this forum, I was saving plastic jugs and cans for target practice, oblivious to the morons who have preceded me. Unlike those idjuts, I planned to haul my trash away. Clearly, in the National Forest's those are prohibited. I even had given serious thought to buying stainless steel frying pans at Goodwill (with steel handles) and hanging them from something I built. These frying pans were really thick, and I figured they would last. If I lived on some remote acreage, I would definitely do the frying pans at $6 a pan. Based on the NF guidelines, even frying pans would be prohibited, since they are not "manufactured for the specific purpose of target practice." Am I understanding this correctly?

I learned that the rivers and lakes around here are full of firearms, boating accidents are common, and that most forum members used to keep their gun collections on board. That's where I used to keep mine, until I too had my own boating accident

Seems to be a national trend... so sad to read about so much loss!!!

Based on the NF guidelines, even frying pans would be prohibited, since they are not "manufactured for the specific purpose of target practice." Am I understanding this correctly?

IDK. But I think the restrictions are based on the need to prevent forest fires. Steel often creates sparks = forest fires. Even on private land. ;) Be careful out there and also you might want to have a fire extinguisher handy. My club range has some steel targets... it's fun to have an audible response to a hit. :)

It's really hard not to keep FA's on board because some of the fish I bring in my boat are very aggressive.... but yeah gotta protect the crew....:D:D:D

All fuzziness aside this is a great place to waste time & believe it or not I have learned quite a bit about a little of everything here & the ignore button helps my BP stay managable.
I've met some damn good people that I got their six any day and know that they would have mine.
The mass knowledge that abounds keeps me here but the petty squabbling & bashing has limited my time here.
I do hope that change is in the future but if not I'll be saying adios.

Oh, welcome to the new troops!!! Do you guys work???:p:p:p

The buddies I fish with always bring their EDC rigs with them:

9877df3f-36ee-4533-8e3c-072ca8437e13.jpg

I am a short timer here, barely a year, I joined mostly for the pro2a activism aspects of the group. I have learned that there's wayyyyy more division among gunowners than there is among the antis. The antis may have some divisions about how restrictive they want gun control to be but if they do, they sure hide it well.

There are inherently more divisions in a dog pack than there are in a sheep herd.

What have I learned? That "gun owner" who plunges his knife into the back of gun rights by continually voting in gun grabbers ain't ever letting go of that dagger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top