JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am curious to what you guys think; if a young kid came up to you at gun point, would you use deadly force to stop him? I am unsure what I would have done in that situation.

he/she can pull the trigger just as well as an adult just like in nam kids did all kinds of things so bye bye if you pull a gun on me and I can beat you to the trigger

This is how new gangbagers are "minted" these days. You gotta "do work" and get "blooded" to get respect and a reputation, and the younger you are when you make your mark the more power and respect you'll garner from the get-go if you live long enough to be an OG.

Big deal. How's that different from white cops and white soldiers who do the exact same thing. I guess except for them it's "camaraderie". :rolleyes:

Three pages of racist BS and only a few people have managed to identify the government created entitlement culture as the culprit. Sad.

I am curious to what you guys think; if a young kid came up to you at gun point, would you use deadly force to stop him? I am unsure what I would have done in that situation.

I believe I would.

I believe I would.

Almost everyone here blaming on the parents why dont we blame on the GOV? They stick their foot in every family business. I love my boy very much, he is my life and my evrything. Kid sometime need to be punish, spanks in the butt sometime to tell them they did serious mistakes. Our lovely GOV are not letting the parents to have free freedom of punishing the kids when they make major mistake, they will never able to learn from wrong or right. A lot of us here got spanks when we were kid but we didnt turn out mess up.

As a young (mid-30s) parent of a young one (2.5), the generation blamed for many pedagogic mistakes, I agree. Never mind what the police said, the thought of the spanking I'd get home would be enough to keep these kinds of "playful" thoughts out of my head. A strict and clear set of rules and limits on TV time and sugary foods help us and our son be happy. Plus he can entertain himself with a simple puzzle, some toy cars or a book.

However, I don't agree with everything you say. Why blame the government? That's in my view part of today's problem: It's not my fault, but someone else's and preferrably "the man/system" is to blame, so I can rightfully sit and mope instead of doing something about it.

As a young (mid-30s) parent of a young one (2.5), the generation blamed for many pedagogic mistakes, I agree. Never mind what the police said, the thought of the spanking I'd get home would be enough to keep these kinds of "playful" thoughts out of my head. A strict and clear set of rules and limits on TV time and sugary foods help us and our son be happy. Plus he can entertain himself with a simple puzzle, some toy cars or a book.

However, I don't agree with everything you say. Why blame the government? That's in my view part of today's problem: It's not my fault, but someone else's and preferrably "the man/system" is to blame, so I can rightfully sit and mope instead of doing something about it.

What disgusts me is that the news report said the kids showed back up later while the news crew was onsite? With what he had pulled WTF was he doing outside of his house, let alone able to walk? Like you I would not have been able to walk if I was ever caught with dad's gun or any gun, let alone attempting a crime with it!?

I doubt the gun registered back to the parents as the police were still trying to trace it. If it was registered to them, they would have found out immediately..

I believe I would.

I would hesitate for that critical 1-2 second period and probably be killed by junior. I am not a hard core robotic killer and don't believe I could kill a child unless fired upon first, therefore I would likely die in that scenario. Would not be a stationary target however.

Unfortunately, this story got even worse a bit later. While the victim was doing an interview with a local news station a couple of hours later, the kid walked up again and just kind of stood there. Consequences? Hell no! The kid is out walking the streets only a little while after this mess. I think we can safely blame the parents 100% on this one.

What is the likelihood that this kid lives to 13?

My son learned in grade school that no parent could touch a child. They teach them that! He threatened the school staff and parents if touched. He even called the cops. He learned real quick that he could do anything he wanted and nobody could touch him. He stated so to my face! Lock him in his room? He'd break a window, get out and rob the neighbors. When he was finally caught, the courts would slap his wrist, fine the parents and he'd be doing the same thing that very night. He got caught another time and when the judge asked if he was ever going to learn, he said "why, I'm not getting into any trouble for this." Parents paid the fine and he was out running rampant again. One time in court parents refused to pay for anymore of his fines. The judge said tough, you are the parents and you are responsible. Parents said "no more. We are not paying anymore. Make him accountable." Dad got to spend the night in jail thinking about it.

STOP stating that it is the parents fault. The parents cannot do anything, BY LAW, to that child. Yelling, threatening, etc. is illegal because it is considered "child abuse".

If you've never had a child in that situation then you have absolutely nothing you can contribute to this thread.

Paid more than 5-figures in fines, a couple different nights in jail (for refusing to pay for the child), kid decides he doesn't need anymore than an 8th education, and there is absolutely NOTHING that you can do about it. You are that childs parent and you will provide for that child until the child becomes of-age (18). THEN and only THEN you can kick them out of the house. Per the judges, attorneys, state offices, LEO's and everyone else that was talked to. In the meantime, you are responisble and accountable for the child, and they are not accountable for anything!

This can get pretty heated and I've had to delete and rewrite A LOT. You people have no idea.

That 11 & 7 year old just learned that they can do anything that they want with absolutely no repercussion’s. Blame the court system and the laws. The parents are not to blame! When a kid learns the "laws" there is absolutely nothing that can stop them.

Children just like all living things are the product of their environment, and have a mental and a cognitive base depending on maternal influences.

Parent, friends, even mental illness all play a part on the reaction of the child. i n the world they live in.
This forum alone has a vast amount of reaction to subjects with varied aggressive responses, all vary based on several aspects.
It is not parents, TV, drug, mental illness or anything else. It is the combination of all of theses in the environment they live and are raised that will mold the man/women.
:rolleyes:

AMT-You have to establish rules and expectations before they get to school age... You establish that early and it is not an issue later

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

No. After that kid pulled the gun on the woman on MAX, I re-evaluated what my response would be like I do for most self-defense situations I read about. That's when I also started carrying pepper spray. I KNOW that I would hesitate to the point of a firearm being ineffective if put in that situation. I do not want to live the rest of my life having killed a kid, justified or not, who was just being young and stupid. IMO, the general public would rather
have you take one for the team than have you use deadly force to defend yourself against kids. These are the people who make up your jury.

No. After that kid pulled the gun on the woman on MAX, I re-evaluated what my response would be like I do for most self-defense situations I read about. That's when I also started carrying pepper spray. I KNOW that I would hesitate to the point of a firearm being ineffective if put in that situation. I do not want to live the rest of my life having killed a kid, justified or not, who was just being young and stupid. IMO, the general public would rather
have you take one for the team than have you use deadly force to defend yourself against kids.
These are the people who make up your jury.

sorry but I'm not that good of a team player and will take my chances latter.

AMT,it's still the parents' fault.
They did something to the kid Or more likely did NOTHING with the kid so he had no respect for them.

The ugliest thing I ever saw was one of those extra long church type vans with a bunch of babies in it. Like 1 year olds.
What are those kids learning from that $8 per hour woman that doesn't want to be there?
The kid is learning that it's parents have better things to do than spend time with them.

It's always how the parents interacted with the child from day one.
Parents always want that new car or a bigger TV or bigger house.
Nobody is satisfied with what they have. Always need something else.

So they spend more time working than they do with the kid they thought they wanted for a minute.

Always on the parents.

AMT,it's still the parents' fault.
They did something to the kid Or more likely did NOTHING with the kid so he had no respect for them.

The ugliest thing I ever saw was one of those extra long church type vans with a bunch of babies in it. Like 1 year olds.
What are those kids learning from that $8 per hour woman that doesn't want to be there?
The kid is learning that it's parents have better things to do than spend time with them.

It's always how the parents interacted with the child from day one.
Parents always want that new car or a bigger TV or bigger house.
Nobody is satisfied with what they have. Always need something else.

So they spend more time working than they do with the kid they thought they wanted for a minute.

Always on the parents.

couldn't be who they hang out with,like those type of people that :s0012: at voting places. you know those kind of kids wait your right it's the parents fault just not their parents

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top