JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
6th? 7th? grade...... he came home and said "guess what I learned in school today?"

"I don't know. What?"

"I learned that if an adult touches us we can call the police and have them arrested."

"REALLY? Are you sure that is what they said?"

"Yes. We were told that if an adult touches you that is child abuse and they can go to jail. So, if you touch me I can call the police and have you thrown in jail."

Later in life he got in my face, nose-to-nose cursing me out because of _____________ (I am learning that it is MY fault for his behavior). Then he decided that he was going to head-butt me. I splapped him once, open hand, and he hit the ground.

He grabbed the phone and called the police.

When they arrived I was handcuffed because there was a "report that the dad abuse the child". After his ranting that I am an SOB and am going to jail. After the officers taked with both of us the handcuffs were removed and I was told that I was very lucky that I only hit him once with an open hand. Any more and I'd be hauled off for child abuse.

Son pulled aside and had a talking to. When he found out that I was NOT going to jail he ran inside and slammed the door - locking the door behind him. The police left once I got back inside. When I got back inside he was gone.

The day, upon returning home from work, windows were broken, doors were kicked in, dishes were broke, etc. I called the police to make a report. Son admitted to it. Nothing happened.

I guess you are right, it was my fault. Looking back on it, it was us parents' fault. Not his, all our fault.

Could something else could have been done? Of course there could have. Something else could always be done. Could it have been the childs fault - or society, laws, etc.?

I guess it couldn't be the people they hang out with like the type of people that stand around voting places with night sticks (black panthers for example) and their kids. but then I said you were right it's the parents fault just not the parents of the 11 & 7 year old but the parents of the kids that they hang out with. is that any easier to understand?

Stomper is correct on the neighborhood profile I lived in that area for seven years, shooting and stabbings weekly. I still go back there for good food and it's getting more and more third worldish, and by third world I mean California.

Btw the kid looks Anglo which again shows that it's about the culture that he's raised in. As other posters have said the future felon is back on the same streets just hours later even walking right up and standing next to the victim. Looks like he wanted to see himself on the news.
article-2245712-166FD8CE000005DC-747_634x352.jpg

article-2245712-166FEDA2000005DC-782_634x353.jpg

Amy Garrett: Portland woman 'held at gunpoint by two boys aged 7 and 11 in attempted carjacking' | Mail Online

‘...they took my statement while they had the 11yr old in the back of the cop car and he was kicking the car. The cop told me that the kid was acting like a 40yr old heroin addict."

I guess it couldn't be the people they hang out with like the type of people that stand around voting places with night sticks (black panthers for example) and their kids. but then I said you were right it's the parents fault just not the parents of the 11 & 7 year old but the parents of the kids that they hang out with. is that any easier to understand?

No. Not really. :s0114:

I am curious to what you guys think; if a young kid came up to you at gun point, would you use deadly force to stop him? I am unsure what I would have done in that situation.

When a person goes from the acts of a child to the acts an adult the relation ends of being a child and should be dealt with as an adult. Deadly force is subjective to each person at a given time, I know you are asking for a nice clean answer but when it comes to deadly force there is no such thing.

The day, upon returning home from work, windows were broken, doors were kicked in, dishes were broke, etc. I called the police to make a report. Son admitted to it. Nothing happened.

Step-sons did similar type things. Fortunately I was able to divorce my way out. Once they learn that they can F with you and suffer no consequences, it's over. You really have no recourse.

6th? 7th? grade...... he came home and said "guess what I learned in school today?"

"I don't know. What?"

"I learned that if an adult touches us we can call the police and have them arrested."

"REALLY? Are you sure that is what they said?"

"Yes. We were told that if an adult touches you that is child abuse and they can go to jail. So, if you touch me I can call the police and have you thrown in jail."

Later in life he got in my face, nose-to-nose cursing me out because of _____________ (I am learning that it is MY fault for his behavior). Then he decided that he was going to head-butt me. I slapped him once, open hand, and he hit the ground.

He grabbed the phone and called the police.

When they arrived I was handcuffed because there was a "report that the dad abuse the child". After his ranting that I am an SOB and am going to jail. After the officers taked with both of us the handcuffs were removed and I was told that I was very lucky that I only hit him once with an open hand. Any more and I'd be hauled off for child abuse.

Son pulled aside and had a talking to. When he found out that I was NOT going to jail he ran inside and slammed the door - locking the door behind him. The police left once I got back inside. When I got back inside he was gone.

I guess you are right, it was my fault. Looking back on it, it was us parents' fault. Not his, all our fault.

Could something else could have been done? Of course there could have. Something else could always be done. Could it have been the childs fault - or society, laws, etc.?

Step-sons did similar type things. Fortunately I was able to divorce my way out. Once they learn that they can F with you and suffer no consequences, it's over. You really have no recourse.

Sure you do, stairs can be a dangerous thing... people fall down them alllllll the time, and "rowdy kids" can be so uncoordinated at times.

I am curious to what you guys think; if a young kid came up to you at gun point, would you use deadly force to stop him? I am unsure what I would have done in that situation.

I believe I would.

I would too. Anyone who pulls a gun on me. if I feared my my life I would shoot them. Remember the old saying " never pick a fight with an old man, he won't fight you just shoot you ". 20-40 years ago I would have fought you, nowadays I will just shoot you.

How do you propose this be accomplished ? Raise taxes to pay for more jails, prisons, officers, courts, attorneys ? Then increase the size of government further to manage that increased sector of government ? Maybe abolish 'Procedural Due Process' as practiced in this country ?

I hear what you are saying. I just would like to hear your plan for accomplishing this, not in one individual case, but in the case of society as a whole. Do you have a plan ?
/

I'm not hear to address society's problem. I'm hear to address the Oregon criminal justice system.

As far as the juvenile justice system goes... the budget is already there, we're just too lenient on the parents and juveniles. I see it everyday in juvenile court, slap on the wrist.

article-2245712-166FD8CE000005DC-747_634x352.jpg

Unbelievable!

Our system has failed if the best we can do is return these turds to their worthless parents. And I have no problem referring to the kid as a basterd, because obviously the kid doesn't have real parents.

That is solid proof the parents have no business having custody of that kid. He is supposed to be in their custody, not out walking around confronting his victim.

I'm just as angry at Portland PD and the Multnomah County DA taking no action on the kid freely walking around on his own after the fact. Instead of acting on this they're having a community meeting tonight!

ARE YOU F`ING KIDDING ME?

Almost everyone here blaming on the parents why dont we blame on the GOV? They stick their foot in every family business. I love my boy very much, he is my life and my evrything. Kid sometime need to be punish, spanks in the butt sometime to tell them they did serious mistakes. Our lovely GOV are not letting the parents to have free freedom of punishing the kids when they make major mistake, they will never able to learn from wrong or right. A lot of us here got spanks when we were kid but we didnt turn out mess up.

The parents I know discipline their kids in spite of what the GOV says.
Matthew 10:28 "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Consider yourself lucky. A really good friend of over 20 years (and the most stable personality you could imagine) had to restrain his 17yo stepson who was in the process of destroying their house. When words didn't work he placed his forearm across junior's chest and backed him against the wall. Junior slid down to turn the restraint into a "strangle hold" then ran outside to call the cops. Guess who went to jail, was suspended and demoted at work, and was kept away from his family and his home by court order? Yup, the same guy who spent thousands to bail himself out and hire a lawyer to get it plead down in order to avoid prison time. The same guy who is now a felon in spite of having witnesses (wife and other stepson) to the contrary. That's why we call it the legal system instead of the justice system. Sometimes bad parenting is to blame. Sometimes it isn't. There's a lot of kids out there from good homes with a pretty twisted sense of entitlement.

I would have to say that i would shoot. I would hope that me showing my gun would scare a kid enough, but if a gun is pointed at me or my family, i am going to use what ever force i have to keep us safe. The idea of coping with killing a kid, even in self defense seems very difficult though.

The more things change the more the stay the same.
A friend of mine at the time Trevor, had an older brother maybe 4 year older back in 1974 my friend was 12 years old.
One day his brother was pushing him around name calling and like some brothers do, he was tired of being picked on by his brother that out weighed him maybe 50lbs. In one argument Trevor decided it was time to equal the playing field on the argument. He ran into his parents bed room slid his hand in between the mattress and pull out a SW 357 magnum and ran back into the living room taunting his older brother now. At some point his pretended to fire the gun by pulling the trigger, however the gun was loaded and he shot his brother right in the head above the eyes killing him instantly.
He was not a bad guy that I remember, he was a typical kid like me we lived on the rough side of the tracks but did what we did. His parents worked and were average people, nothing to suggest the reason he would kill his brother. I recall as a kid realizing I would not see Trevor for awhile, he was sentenced to jail until 18 for murder and then another 10 in adult prison
after that I lost track of him. The point I am trying to make is people have been doing things for along time and still do.
The age of the internet, youtube and videos has exacerbated the exposure of things like this, it really has not changed allot it is just more out there for people to see.

Why does the government get involved ? The simple answer is because people are no damn good. Without laws, especially in a due process society, arbitrary and capricious actions manifest. I read many times in the news of a kid found locked in a room, not fed, sexually abused, .... It happens in schools also. Each of you masy think you are God's gift to law and order, and are very honest and respectful of laws. I seriously doubt it. I bet some 80% of those reading this do not drive at, or below the posted speed limit. Laws are laws. One either complies with them, or one does not. However please do not preach personal responsibility and self discipline if you do not comply with ALL rules of law, even if you do not personally agree with a particular law.

I do not trust any of you with a loaded gun. I trust myself simply because I know me. However I do not know you and thus do not trust you to be honest, responsible, forthright, or dependable. I read this in this forum time and time again. It is nothing new. Why ? Because people are no damn good. You all need to turn in your guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top