JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Almost everyone here blaming on the parents why dont we blame on the GOV? They stick their foot in every family business. I love my boy very much, he is my life and my evrything. Kid sometime need to be punish, spanks in the butt sometime to tell them they did serious mistakes. Our lovely GOV are not letting the parents to have free freedom of punishing the kids when they make major mistake, they will never able to learn from wrong or right. A lot of us here got spanks when we were kid but we didnt turn out mess up.

Almost everyone here blaming on the parents why dont we blame on the GOV? They stick their foot in every family business. I love my boy very much, he is my life and my evrything. Kid sometime need to be punish, spanks in the butt sometime to tell them they did serious mistakes. Our lovely GOV are not letting the parents to have free freedom of punishing the kids when they make major mistake, they will never able to learn from wrong or right. A lot of us here got spanks when we were kid but we didnt turn out mess up.

Last I heard, unless you totally abuse your kids you can remonstrate them as you wish.

Sling Blade- You should really call your local CPS office and find out how you are allowed to punish your child it is really pathetic. My sis is going threw L with my pre-teen neph. She told me but I cant remember for sure. I just remember the only thing she can use for lying or bein a potty mouth he likes so its pretty messed up.

That area of town is referred to by the inhabitants as "the numbers"... 122nd, 148th, 160th, 180th... gangbanger-speak. Without knowing the ethnicity of the two child-prodigies, I'd take better than 80% odds on them being "anchor babies" of a certain "hard working" class of "immigrant" because of the FACT of the demographics of the area today.

This is how new gangbagers are "minted" these days. You gotta "do work" and get "blooded" to get respect and a reputation, and the younger you are when you make your mark the more power and respect you'll garner from the get-go if you live long enough to be an OG.

You haven't seen anything yet folks, the best is just a few more years over the horizon when more of them come of age en mass, and you will FINALLY get to see the ultimate rewards of liberal/progressive political policies... ENJOY! ;)

This makes me sick those kids should be beat within an inch of their lives, and the parents should be in jail for the rest of their lives.

Im sure baby momma, and daddy who? Raised these kids on gangsta rap and glorifying tupac and biggie as more than human.

It's no wonder kids grow up to do this stuff. You look at the parents around and just know those kids didn't have a chance to begin with. This is what happens when parents care more about themselves then they do their kids, no patients, no sense of sevice or respect. I was a dirtbag kid, but i had a conscience. People don't have that anymore.

WTF??? Statements like this is what's wrong with society.Blame the TV?
How bubbleguming old are you? Like20 brah?

The blame stands with the parents,nothing more.
The PARENTS are the one who are supposed to teach their kids right from wrong.

Nobody else is to blame here

Yes Blame the Parents for letting their kids watch the violence on TV and In movies and playing violent video games that glorify murder and violence .

Parents ought to know better and keep their kids shielded from the media world around them and take the Xbox the Ipod away and replace it with some kind of book that teaches right from wrong that stealing and killing are wrong and not some recreational thing you do for fun.

I don't understand just why these two kids are "too young" to spend some quality time in the Donald E. Long kid jail. They used a gun in a crime for cripesake. Armed robbery as an adult will get you a pretty big stretch in the pen.

A year in JDH might just straighten these two kids out. I earned myself some time there way back when I was a teenager. It wasn't a picnic and I decided then and there that there was no way I wanted to be there again. Turning these two over to their parents with no consequences for their act just about guarantees that something like this will happen again.

Like many here, I carry concealed. I'm not at all sure what I might have done if faced with an armed kid. I would sure hate to shoot a kid, but if he drew on me, I might have.

I believe the blame it goes back on the childrens parents. At the age of these kids the parents should know what they are doing and where they are at all times. When I heard this on the news I thought of the local bubblegum kid I know, and his parents.

Blame can be apportioned just about anywhere you look, from TV, movies, video games and the parents. Would be interesting to know where the gun came from too?

Absolutely freaking crazy if you ask me.

TV and video games? Show me ONE, that's righ, ONE peer-reviewed study that conclusively DIRECTLY links vidro games or TV to violent behavior that passes scrutiny. You will find none. I scanned Lexus-Nexus a few years back for several days and all the studies I found were either nonsense on their face (and shown to be so from the responses to the studies) or correlation studies that were not able to be controlled for innumerable outside factors.

This is about parenting and community standards of acceptable behavior as well as community corrective behaviors. NOTHING ELSE.

And you can place the blame 100% on the baby-boomer and successive generations who rejected the notion of the neighbor scolding their kids for bad behavior and calling mom over it. In places where this is still the norm, this crap doesn't happen.

A link to an actual news article: which the OP neglected to include:

<broken link removed>

If an 11 year-old CHILD is that far out of control, he's either mentally ill or his parenting has been horrendously bad. I'm sure the 7-year-old didn't have any grasp of what was really happening.

TV and video games? RIFKM? Place the blame where it lies: either the kid is mentally ill or the parents SUCK.

Last I heard, unless you totally abuse your kids you can remonstrate them as you wish.

My buddy here in Merlin got visited from CPS because he abused his kid by not leting his teenager daugter turn on her TV in her bedroom while she is grounded for messing with older boy. Not letting your kid turn on the TV in their room while grounded is CHILD ABUSE....

What has our world become?

Children that young are the product of their parents. You can't blame society, Hollywood, anyone else. It is all the parents, sloppy, negligent, poor parenting.

The parents need to be held accountable and charged with the crime, since children that young won't see any real punishment from the system. Especially if the gun is found to belong to the parents.

How do you propose this be accomplished ? Raise taxes to pay for more jails, prisons, officers, courts, attorneys ? Then increase the size of government further to manage that increased sector of government ? Maybe abolish 'Procedural Due Process' as practiced in this country ?

I hear what you are saying. I just would like to hear your plan for accomplishing this, not in one individual case, but in the case of society as a whole. Do you have a plan ?
/

When I was 11 I was overcharging each person on my paper route by a dollar and made $475/month while all the other paperboys were making $50.00

White collar 11 year old mastermind, little jerk.

70s kids were smart. Current kids - greedy, entitled, violent and stupid. Plus, as stated, gov forbids parents from being real parents.

Yes Blame the Parents for letting their kids watch the violence on TV and In movies and playing violent video games that glorify murder and violence .

Parents ought to know better and keep their kids shielded from the media world around them and take the Xbox the Ipod away and replace it with some kind of book that teaches right from wrong that stealing and killing are wrong and not some recreational thing you do for fun.

As a future parent, that grew up with out video games, at least not many of them, and having parents that knew what i was watching on tv/movies, i know that i will make sure i know what my kids are watching on tv, playing on video games, music they are listening to. We can not replace parenting with ipods, xbox, and DVDs. And it is the parents responsible to know what their kids are playing on xbox, or waching on tv. I am sure its hard with all the ways kids can get media now by downloading and streaming.
Even people that blame movies music and games are still blaming the parents since thee parents allowed their kids to watch or play them. Also, how did this child get a gun in the first place?

After some deliberation this I've come to the conclusion that the parents are yet growing up and the entire family needs to be beaten within an inch of their lives in order to make this a memorable learning experience. You may have repressed that moment of your childhood, but by God you will never forget.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top