JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They probably sold it off to the USA.

Then.....
Yeah, there was that small amount (weapons and/or money) that got skimmed off the top.

BUT, But, but.....
I suspect that, they upgraded their equipment.

Aloha, Mark

if I had to oppose modern Russian body armor, I would prefer an on Mosin over an AK 74
Yeah....I'd like to know WHAT kind of weapon(s) were "given away." Magazines? How much Ammo?

Q: Are the American Politicians (or people) learning anything from this?

Modern-Musket.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Having seen / experienced first hand how effective a Mosin Nagant of various types are ....
While not my first choice of a rifle / carbine ...they do work well for what they were designed for.
Andy
I've posted several time about behind armor trauma

If you take a hit of 7.62x54R to your chest while wearing level 4 body armor, would you still be out of the fight?

Yes. April 8th 2009 I was the back up 50 cal gunner in the lead gun truck on a convoy around Kohst Afghanistan. I was shot twice in the chest with a 7.62X54R chambered rifle. The shot was from approximately 400 yards away and on a downward angle. Our truck had taken a catastrophic IED hit and the primary gunner was badly injured from the blast so I jumped up in the gun.

The first round impacted the top right side of my plate. The feeling is like getting hit in the chest with the fastest fastball you can imagine. My vision grayed out and I slid/fell out of the gunners strap. I honestly thought I was dead. I laid there for a moment trying to catch my breath which was incredibly hard to do.

At this point the TC yelled "Gunner down!" and he began to unstrap and go through the drill. He began pulling me aside and trying to talk to me at the same time. I was starting to get a bit of my breath back and told him that I was good to go and just needed help getting back up in on the gun. (The inside of an RG is incredibly cramped at the best of times and with armor on and injured its even harder to move.) He helped pull me back up and on the gun. I remember getting about 10 more rounds off when the second round hit.

I again fell back into the truck. The second round had hit low right, about 2 inches from the bottom of the plate. At this point I could hardly move. My chest felt like someone was sitting on it and every time I tried to breath it felt like there was sandpaper in my chest.

Long story short, my self and the other gunner ended up getting medivac'ed out after the firefight concluded. I wound up with 4 cracked ribs a punctured right lung and my entire upper torso was bruised.

that was my thought also
Ukraine is handing out arms and ammo to any citizen who is willing to fight
I know what my thoughts would be if it happened here
To little to late if you have to arm the populace when the enemy is already at the front door. Having a populace with a gun culture and laws that don't prohibit such makes a huge difference.

that was my thought also
Ukraine is handing out arms and ammo to any citizen who is willing to fight
I know what my thoughts would be if it happened here
Too late. The government should have required military service for their citizens Before 2014. Much like Finland. It will be difficult at best to fight professional soldiers. Meanwhile, the DEmocrats want to take away our guns. This is exactly why the 2nd amendment was put into the constitution.

If you take a hit of 7.62x54R to your chest while wearing level 4 body armor, would you still be out of the fight?
I have not been shot with 7.62x54R....but have been shot at with it...and seen others who have been hit with it.

If you were to look at any of my posts , in any thread , regarding this round and the rifles / carbine that use it...
You will not see me discounting it.

My comments about the rifles / carbines that use it and "not being my first choice"
Are due to my preference in rifles and carbines...as well as how rifles and carbines of the Mosin Nagant type fit me...or not as the case is.
Not to any "in-effectiveness" of the round or firearms that use it.
Andy

Last Edited:
Geez, all you need is ID and you can get one of them modern, fancy, semi-automatic that fires automatically bullet firing, scary ar-ak civilian made military assault weapon doo hickies with no background check, fingerprints, straw purchases, waiting period, safety course, license, registration, or red flag restrictions to arm a militia for protection and war against enemies? Damn, why didn't we think of this and write it down somewhere?

In any case, go get 'em:

Last Edited:
I've posted several time about behind armor trauma

Yes. April 8th 2009 I was the back up 50 cal gunner in the lead gun truck on a convoy around Kohst Afghanistan. I was shot twice in the chest with a 7.62X54R chambered rifle. The shot was from approximately 400 yards away and on a downward angle. Our truck had taken a catastrophic IED hit and the primary gunner was badly injured from the blast so I jumped up in the gun.

The first round impacted the top right side of my plate. The feeling is like getting hit in the chest with the fastest fastball you can imagine. My vision grayed out and I slid/fell out of the gunners strap. I honestly thought I was dead. I laid there for a moment trying to catch my breath which was incredibly hard to do.

At this point the TC yelled "Gunner down!" and he began to unstrap and go through the drill. He began pulling me aside and trying to talk to me at the same time. I was starting to get a bit of my breath back and told him that I was good to go and just needed help getting back up in on the gun. (The inside of an RG is incredibly cramped at the best of times and with armor on and injured its even harder to move.) He helped pull me back up and on the gun. I remember getting about 10 more rounds off when the second round hit.

I again fell back into the truck. The second round had hit low right, about 2 inches from the bottom of the plate. At this point I could hardly move. My chest felt like someone was sitting on it and every time I tried to breath it felt like there was sandpaper in my chest.

Long story short, my self and the other gunner ended up getting medivac'ed out after the firefight concluded. I wound up with 4 cracked ribs a punctured right lung and my entire upper torso was bruised.

Genuine question, how do you know it was a 54r that hit you?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top