JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gonna have to respectfully disagree with you on this point: The duopoly - or the uniparty if you prefer - has successfully seized the levers of power to the exclusion of all others with a near-religious fervor. I can cite dozens of examples on both sides of the aisle of philosophies and legislation deleterious to human liberty. I don't know about you, but having to make one choice between two bad options have never seemed like much of a choice to me: Do you prefer a kick in the gut or a punch to the groin? Oh neither you say? you are in the crosshairs, peasant... This is on us. We the people have allowed our puerile tribalism to ultimately give the powerful exactly what they want: A people divided and their loyalties subject to a diktat of ideological purity.

A man far smarter than me once said "we get the government we deserve." He was right.
This exactly, we choose between what we believe to be the lesser of two evils and never ask ourselves why we dont choose something thats just not evil. Both sides are constantly shooting us in the foot but we are too tribal to acknowledge when our "team" does something wrong or that hurts us.

This exactly, we choose between what we believe to be the lesser of two evils and never ask ourselves why we dont choose something thats just not evil. Both sides are constantly shooting us in the foot but we are too tribal to acknowledge when our "team" does something wrong or that hurts us.
The problem, in my view, is too many of us vote for what makes us "feel" good and less for what should be the only reason to have a government: the preservation of our liberties and our natural rights. This hypernarcissism is the death of freedom as it suggests the state should also exist to protect our delicate feelings. We do this at our own peril - and both sides are equally guilty. YMMV.

I may be tossing a grenade here, but...

I'm disappointed in our gun lobby for not taking the bull by the horns and steering this towards things that would actually work. Wasn't the NRA the ones that put forward some gun control idea's in the 20's? I feel like they are on the defensive instead of going on the offensive in this matter. Why are the experts in handling firearms not the ones pushing forward idea's for common sense solutions?

Gonna have to respectfully disagree with you on this point: The duopoly - or the uniparty if you prefer - has successfully seized the levers of power to the exclusion of all others with a near-religious fervor. I can cite dozens of examples on both sides of the aisle of philosophies and legislation deleterious to human liberty. I don't know about you, but having to make one choice between two bad options have never seemed like much of a choice to me: Do you prefer a kick in the gut or a punch to the groin? Oh neither you say? you are in the crosshairs, peasant... This is on us. We the people have allowed our puerile tribalism to ultimately give the powerful exactly what they want: A people divided and their loyalties subject to a diktat of ideological purity.

A man far smarter than me once said "we get the government we deserve." He was right.
:s0092: Again there is no perfect but only one party has been steady trying to take freedom from my my entire life. A LOT of the people who refuse to vote use that as a reason to give up. Saying it does not matter. I am not willing to give up but, those who want to are in good company sadly. They get just what they want every couple years by not bothering to try:s0092:

Exactly. This 'goes without saying'....

I have been waiting for something exactly like this - when the left finally 'shifts gears' by essentially admitting' they were wrong, didn't do enough etc. and will move it to the next level - and this will be the interesting part because for them confiscation is the only answer.

I suspect we will eventually start to see confiscation proposals and ideas being suggested. It will probably start out fairly benign and simple with ideas to try to get people to comply willingly and then they will try testing this out and when it fails then they will take it to the next step - because like before and that will no doubt be something less than willful for the owners.

Make no mistake - 'they' will eventually rationalize radical confiscation methods.
"
Make no mistake - 'they' will eventually rationalize radical confiscation methods.
Ilke I have always said, much to the anger and consternation of liberals in my circle- "Scratch a liberal and you will find a fascist".... That rings true in so many areas in my observation...

:s0092: Again there is no perfect but only one party has been steady trying to take freedom from my my entire life. A LOT of the people who refuse to vote use that as a reason to give up. Saying it does not matter. I am not willing to give up but, those who want to are in good company sadly. They get just what they want every couple years by not bothering to try:s0092:
FWIS, both parties have consistently acted against the interests of liberty. YMMV.

"

Ilke I have always said, much to the anger and consternation of liberals in my circle- "Scratch a liberal and you will find a fascist".... That rings true in so many areas in my observation...
Maybe not a fascist as much as a statist. and I hasten to add, there is no monopoly on either side.... Right authoritarianism is left authoritarianism is center authoritarianism et al.. All of it is the antithesis of liberty.

I may be tossing a grenade here, but...

I'm disappointed in our gun lobby for not taking the bull by the horns and steering this towards things that would actually work. Wasn't the NRA the ones that put forward some gun control idea's in the 20's? I feel like they are on the defensive instead of going on the offensive in this matter. Why are the experts in handling firearms not the ones pushing forward idea's for common sense solutions?
It's easier to point 👉 the finger at guns, which is easy, instead of fixing the mental health and crime problems.

People look at charts and say, look how gun violence has risen. But they fail to talk about other societal changes in that same period. Mental health facilities close. Family dynamics changed. Economic divides. The mass shooting tool of choice has continued to be a handgun except in the high profile events, in my opinion.

But again, lazy politicians and media redirect what they don't want to talk about towards a lot of nonsense to confuse the majority that don't know anything about guns and don't want to know anything about guns.

It's easier to point 👉 the finger at guns, which is easy, instead of fixing the mental health and crime problems.

People look at charts and say, look how gun violence has risen. But they fail to talk about other societal changes in that same period. Mental health facilities close. Family dynamics changed. Economic divides. The mass shooting tool of choice has continued to be a handgun except in the high profile events, in my opinion.

But again, lazy politicians and media redirect what they don't want to talk about towards a lot of nonsense to confuse the majority that don't know anything about guns and don't want to know anything about guns.
"We defunded the Police and stopped prosecuting criminals and now the guns are shooting everyone!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top