JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The references to the shorty 7.62㎜ NATO reminded me of the "franken" G3 that was captured in Iraq:

tumblr_m3vmhjoeeK1r9khx4o1_1280.jpg

Left handed models. I'm a lefty and have been adapting to a right handed world my whole life. I've handled left handed guns and everything just feels off. I can't imagine how a natural right would feel with one. And then there's the horrible resale.
:confused:
From what I have seen when one of those rare left handed models come up they tend to fly away. I would love to find a true lefty stock for my hunting rifles. But since they don't have the cheek weld the regular model works fine its when us lefty's run into a gun with thr cheek weld that is ont he wrong side that trouble comes;

Now back to the discussion.
I would have to say the Ruger SP101 and other similar revolvers, 357 mag rates with 1.5 to 2.25 inch barrels. Shott 38 fine so they do have some use. But beat the heck out of you shooting 357 mag. Sure they are a reasonable small firearm but tstill bulier than most fo the striker fired small guns. Have a limited number of shots before reload needed, esp. compared to most semi's.
And yes I have one, But I much prefer to shoot my GP with 4.2". Now that gun is fun tpo shoot and accurate. Whereas anything beyond about 7 yards will have the SP all over the place.

Left handed models. I'm a lefty and have been adapting to a right handed world my whole life. I've handled left handed guns and everything just feels off. I can't imagine how a natural right would feel with one. And then there's the horrible resale.
Most of the left handed models I've bought are just a bit more in price new or used. Resale... it's hard enough to find them to begin with. But I totally get it, learned to shoot with a right handed bolt action rifle.

Rem 700. Why the love for that rifle?
Mine shoots extremely well. Near 1,000 yards the vertical drop gets pretty extreme, but that's a caliber issue not the rifle's fault.

It's not terribly heavy, the bolt runs smooth, it's a DBM fed bolt gun that shot 3/4 MOA from the factory (at 100 yards, not extrapolating 25 yard groups)

Revolvers in semi auto cartridges like 9mm and 10mm come to mind.
The Ruger Blackhawk convertible series are nice...
9mm is cheaper and easier to get than .38 Special or .357 Magnum where I live....so...
Having one of those gives one more shooting options.
Same can be said for the .45 Colt / .45 ACP models....'
As in .45 ACP is cheaper and easier to get than .45 Colt.
Andy

Cartridges under 22 caliber..I have a 17hnr I inherited. I have never shot it once even though it's sighted in and I have ammo for it. I would rather grab a 22lr or a center fire 22
I don't see thier purpose
I also never saw the purpose of a rifle in a pistol.caryridge. if I am going to grab a rifle I want it to be able to reach 250 yards. If I am shooting at something inside 100 yards I will use a shotgun with slugs.

We just jumped from July 2020 to July 2023. Nominate for the oldest thread bump?

I dont get revolvers in semi auto cartridges either or calibers under 22 either.

Always wanted a revolving rifle... not one of those 58 Remington looking rifles that Pietta makes copies of...

I want this...

I need it like a hog needs slop
I have 12 ( Yes, 12 of them, with 2 being Replicas) including SN # 426 from the second run, first series! Lemme tell ya, they are addictive and seriously fun to shoot!
There have been a metric ton of them come up for auction the last several years, old collectors die and the collections get broken up and sold, not very many of us younger folks interested in these old rifles, so if you wanted one, NOW is the time! Expect to pay somewhere in the $3000 range for a shooter grade, nothing fancy, mostly original, or period modified, and well north of that for an all original, especially a civilian custom ordered rifle! My 426 was around $4400 plus 20% ,plus shipping and FFL paperwork! All of mine ( Except the two replicas) are period modified, and all except three of the OG are Frontier Carbines, and .50 caliber! Something about West coast Orders/sales makes almost all of them I have seen come up in this configuration, and I can tell you, and lucky me, I actually like these more then the other options! If you find one with the original oiler, BUY it, even if it's just a parts gun, receivers and other parts do come up for sale now and then, and a lot of the old time gunsmiths might have take off parts or old beaters with good parts to salvage and make a good rifle out of them!

Rem 700. Why the love for that rifle?
There was a time in the mid 80's till early 2000's when Remington flat out OWNED barrel technology, as well as very advanced metallurgy and all that, Big Grean earned a well deserved reputation for stunning build quality, amazing accuracy, and bomb proof reliability, look at the selling price for a Sendero, especially one in a non standard caliber, or a Custom Model 7, BIG BUKZ, and worth every penny of it! My brother is a serious collector of fine Remington 7 series rifles, from the 721/722 series, on up to the last of the good 700's, with a couple of very accurate copies of the M-40 and M-24's as well as a couple of Sendero's and 40-X rifles in several calibers!

There was a time in the mid 80's till early 2000's when Remington flat out OWNED barrel technology, as well as very advanced metallurgy and all that, Big Grean earned a well deserved reputation for stunning build quality, amazing accuracy, and bomb proof reliability, look at the selling price for a Sendero, especially one in a non standard caliber, or a Custom Model 7, BIG BUKZ, and worth every penny of it! My brother is a serious collector of fine Remington 7 series rifles, from the 721/722 series, on up to the last of the good 700's, with a couple of very accurate copies of the M-40 and M-24's as well as a couple of Sendero's and 40-X rifles in several calibers!
Yep. Fantastic series of bolt guns. I was kind of surprised when I saw someone knocking it. What was better at the time?

My understanding is Remington 700s didnt become famous for their quality but they became famous for their ease of modifying/upgrading.

I have a 700adl carbine in 308. I am guessing it was the mid 60's when it was manufactured. It is a handy rifle and one of the few remingtons I have held onto. I prefer a fn mauser or even a springfield over 90% of the 700's I have seen. I would like to get another model 30 without a metal button plate that has been scoped. The model 30 in my opinionb is the best bolt rifle remington made.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top