JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
price for a brick of .22lr from a private party? Im sick of seeing Thunderbolts going for 40 bucks plus. Those were almost the cheapest rounds you could buy at one time. Yes i know .22 is hard to come by right now and yes i will pay a bit more for it but not that dang much. I feel private party 25 a brick is a fair deal. Its funny i see some guys on like armlist have it for 30 then a few ads down another is trying for 50 hummmmmm what one am i gonna buy. I think its funny how these things are priced and a bit sick of seeing it way over priced. Im not trying to get people to drop their prices so i can buy it I have enough right now to get me by for a bit just wondering what other people feel about the prices and such and what we all feel .22lr should be right now.

Fair? Whatever the market will bear.

If people aren't buying, the price will drop.

It's not about what's fair.
Ya i guess i should have not asked what a fair price is but more what we feel would be a decent price and what we feel like even with hard to find ammo what would we pay for it. I didnt mean to sound like a kid on the playground yelling "thats not fair!" Just wanting to have some discussion this morning.

Fair? Whatever the market will bear.

If people aren't buying, the price will drop.

It's not about what's fair.

I think our problem is going to be some will pay the higher prices and all ammo will continue to rise faster than inflation.
I mean if you are one of the many new shooters out there and you really want to shoot that new gun,you are going to pay what it takes to get ammo. Some jackhat at the shows is trying to sell bricks for $65 still and the 325 boxes for $30.I used to think he was an OK guy too.

For me around $20 for 500 is what I buy it at.But where do you find bricks any more?

Was lucky enough to walk into Wal-Mart the other week and found Federal 525 round boxes for $24.97 per. Not including the tax. If I were to sell any I know that it definitely would not be for less than what I paid for it. With gas at $4 per gallon I wouldn't drive a mile to meet someone to sell them a box for $30. Think about the cost of everything involved and then ask yourself what a fair price is. I believe the days of $20 bricks are gone.....

You guys have it made, paying 6 cents or even less/ round.
Here in az 10 to 12 cents is common, if you are lucky enough to see any 22lr at all.
here is a link to phoenix backpage & the Lucky Gunner, a store purporting to carry every caliber
scary high prices
&#9658&#9658 &#9733 Gun Ammunition - All Ammo In Stock &#9733 &#9668&#9668 PAZ3 - phoenix guns for sale: firearms, handguns, rifles - backpage.com

Prices like those and I'll have to quit shooting.

FWIW, I paid $24 for a brick (500 rds) of Winchester Dynapoint at Bi-Mart last week.

I had a guy try to trade me a brick of .22 for a pair of aluminum bed rails (for which I was asking $40) a few weeks ago. I told him to pack sand; he paid me $40 cash in the end.

Want fair? Wait for Obummer to send you a brick.:s0114:

Depends on how bad you NEED it and how bad you WANT to go shooting. If you have to go shooting i'd say $40 is "fair", but only in the sense that you get a lot of shooting from a 500rd brick of .22lr.

Me I'd wait and stop into Bi-mart daily until you can pick up $18 bricks of .22lr, but if your time is money then paying some "businessman" more is worth it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top