JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a bunch of .223 range brass. I need to figure out an effective way to process the brass.
So far, I
1. Tumble the brass with mix of walnut and corn to get it cleaned up a bit.
2. Decap
3. Tumble in corn
4. Size and swage.
5. Trim
6. Load.

If I bought another toolhead, I could probably do this in two passes on the 1050. I have a WFT in .223 so I trim manually.

Cleaned a little brass while coating and sizzling the bullets I cast this morning 45 minutes in the tumbler with brass juice.

7BE728D3-05F6-4801-BB0B-386A6BF1A847.jpeg

Loaded up 50 rds of Makers 275 gr bullets for the 44 mag, all copper big hollow point but they are long with 20.5 grs of H-110 could only seat them to the second crimping groove but they chambered fine in the encore.

I bought a bunch of .223 range brass. I need to figure out an effective way to process the brass.
So far, I
1. Tumble the brass with mix of walnut and corn to get it cleaned up a bit.
2. Decap
3. Tumble in corn
4. Size and swage.
5. Trim
6. Load.

If I bought another toolhead, I could probably do this in two passes on the 1050. I have a WFT in .223 so I trim manually.
I skip #2 & 3, after resizing and swaging I wet clean then trim. I've done many one thousand batches like that, quick n easy for me.

Last Edited:
As I read these posts, I'm sitting next to my re-loading bench, in the man cave.

Does that count?

The larger or more exotic the caliber, the more economic savings.
But for me, I just like to re-load. I take a lot of pride in my work.

Set up the old dillon xl650 with a "swage it" setup. Adjusted the dillon fl sizer and dillon rt1500 case trimmer. Lubing and processing all that extra brass. Then I'll be trying to find a load for the 556 with cfe223 and hornady 62fmjbt bulk bullets I got. Probly load up around 5k worth for the stash

Last Edited:
No reloading this week, but I have been organizing. I've had brass scattered in odds and ends containers shoved wherever I could find a spot. I'm moving some of my stock to a dedicated shelf.

I got one of those IKEA wire shelves to make a brass storage center. Actually, since you only get three shelves in the set, I purchased 4 sets and have stashed the extra poles in the shed in case I ever have use for them. The price has gone up a bit and I could have built a similar shelf from wood for cheaper ... but I'm short on time right now.

I spaced the shelves so that a Sterilite brand plastic shoe box w/ lid will just slip into place minimizing wasted space. You can get these boxes at Bi-Mart for 66 cents when on sale.

20211215_151505.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews