JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a bunch of .223 range brass. I need to figure out an effective way to process the brass.
So far, I
1. Tumble the brass with mix of walnut and corn to get it cleaned up a bit.
2. Decap
3. Tumble in corn
4. Size and swage.
5. Trim
6. Load.

If I bought another toolhead, I could probably do this in two passes on the 1050. I have a WFT in .223 so I trim manually.

Cleaned a little brass while coating and sizzling the bullets I cast this morning 45 minutes in the tumbler with brass juice.

7BE728D3-05F6-4801-BB0B-386A6BF1A847.jpeg

Loaded up 50 rds of Makers 275 gr bullets for the 44 mag, all copper big hollow point but they are long with 20.5 grs of H-110 could only seat them to the second crimping groove but they chambered fine in the encore.

I bought a bunch of .223 range brass. I need to figure out an effective way to process the brass.
So far, I
1. Tumble the brass with mix of walnut and corn to get it cleaned up a bit.
2. Decap
3. Tumble in corn
4. Size and swage.
5. Trim
6. Load.

If I bought another toolhead, I could probably do this in two passes on the 1050. I have a WFT in .223 so I trim manually.
I skip #2 & 3, after resizing and swaging I wet clean then trim. I've done many one thousand batches like that, quick n easy for me.

Last Edited:
As I read these posts, I'm sitting next to my re-loading bench, in the man cave.

Does that count?

The larger or more exotic the caliber, the more economic savings.
But for me, I just like to re-load. I take a lot of pride in my work.

Set up the old dillon xl650 with a "swage it" setup. Adjusted the dillon fl sizer and dillon rt1500 case trimmer. Lubing and processing all that extra brass. Then I'll be trying to find a load for the 556 with cfe223 and hornady 62fmjbt bulk bullets I got. Probly load up around 5k worth for the stash

Last Edited:
No reloading this week, but I have been organizing. I've had brass scattered in odds and ends containers shoved wherever I could find a spot. I'm moving some of my stock to a dedicated shelf.

I got one of those IKEA wire shelves to make a brass storage center. Actually, since you only get three shelves in the set, I purchased 4 sets and have stashed the extra poles in the shed in case I ever have use for them. The price has gone up a bit and I could have built a similar shelf from wood for cheaper ... but I'm short on time right now.

I spaced the shelves so that a Sterilite brand plastic shoe box w/ lid will just slip into place minimizing wasted space. You can get these boxes at Bi-Mart for 66 cents when on sale.

20211215_151505.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews